• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anim07734

Anim Breaks The Habit

I've picked up a bad habit over the past year.  I'm making excuses to get out of things I know I should do and to do things I know I shouldn't.  It started out reasonable; I'd skip a workout to give myself more time to work on my attic.  I'd grab Taco Bell instead of cooking, because the house was so hot already.  (For those just joining me, I started the summer with no insulation in my attic as my repair and replacement project kept picking up new steps.)  But I let it snowball from there.

I realized this morning that I hadn't taken any tracking measurements in almost a year, and thus had gained 3in on my waist without realizing it.  So this challenge, that's going to be my only goal:  no more excuses.  I know what I need to do; now I just need to start doing it again.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Do you have a plan or thought process on how to combat the excuses you try to use on yourself?

Right now the only plan is to identify the excuses I've been making and reject them.

Still not where I want to be, but I'm making progress.  3 workouts so far this week, I might get another over the weekend, unless I forget again.  Cooked twice (much easier to do for 2 than it was for 1 :playful: ).  Making progress on cleaning and organizing the house (slowly).  And starting to get to bed earlier, even if I am reading till midnight most nights.

• Like 3

And since @Manarelle is posting awesome cosplay pics.  Here's my Halloween plan:

jack-sally-genderbend-fan-art-01.jpg

Not planning an exact match, but like the concept.  So we're using it as inspiration.

Need to get the house more organized so we can find stuff before really starting though.

• Like 4

On 9/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, Anim07734 said:

I know what I need to do; now I just need to start doing it again.

I'm in the same boat man, need to do stuff again.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, Anim07734 said:

And starting to get to bed earlier, even if I am reading till midnight most nights.

Better reading in bed enjoying a story then watching tv on the couch eating chips

Here to support you man! Following!

Bought the fabric for Halloween this weekend.  ~15yds from 9 or 10 different rolls/patterns.  Joanne's has decided to quit carrying suit fabric, so I'm stuck with a lighter weight cotton.  That could be a plus, because Florida, but it could also make the pieces hang wrong, so I'm going to have to play with it.

And the GF is doubling down on making me finish the craft room, so that will take some time away from sewing.  But once it's done we'll actually have a place to keep all our costuming stuff.  She cleaned the kitchen and sorted our combined cooking stuff yesterday, so I made a Goodwill run to get rid of the stuff we didn't need (she had better plates, I had better bowls, etc).  That cleared out space to start emptying the craft room so I can re-plaster the ceiling, paint, and build work desks and storage shelves.

• Like 2

Dang women and their organizing and making things more logical and useful... grumble grumble grumble. :) To be fair, that is not at all a gender-related trait, for sure. Still, good luck, and it sounds like you're starting early enough to have wiggle room for fabric choices and interior design. 

Have you ever ordered fabric online? The Joanns here is focused more on crafty stuff and less on wearable fabrics, but it's so hard to get a sense of what you're buying online...

• Like 1

I've used Joann's website to look for colors and such, but I've never tried buying fabric online.  I like to be able to touch it to see how it feels and hangs first.

Here's what I ended up with:

44767102961_afc7f03456_z.jpg

Got everything cut into sections last night.  Going to start putting it back together in random pieces tonight.  Then I can cut out my pattern and start making the suit.

• Like 2

As usual, I'm really bad about updating these threads...

Slowly starting to to cut my waistline again.  Still trying to figure out a good diet plan with the GF, but we'll get there.

IMG_20181017_234154099

Finished my vest and coat for Halloween, but had to take a break before starting the pants to make my nephew's b-day present.

IMG_20181020_000830755

Still debating whether I want to deal with a challenge thread this cycle or not.  I know I should, but I may just be lazy instead.