• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

BUT my sneaky, sneaky plan is to use adulting as an excuse to play on rings. ;) 

Well, if rig playing counts as adulting, then I've mastered this adulting thing finally:smile-new:

On 10/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, Elastigirl said:

Well, if rig playing counts as adulting, then I've mastered this adulting thing finally:smile-new:

It totally counts! :lol:

Still not much to report. Elbow's doing a little better overall, but some days are better than others. It feels like sleeping is making it worse, but I can't control that soooo. (I've tried wrapping, and now I pushed my bed to one side to make it harder to turn over but no luck)

I started to relearn how to hang properly, and while my hanging form hasn't been bad, I am finding it pretty tricky to hang with really good form. It's hard for me to isolate the rotation of the forearm from the rotation of the shoulder. But at least it feels good to hang in small doses. :) 

Other than that not much is happening. 

I'm baking at work right now to (belatedly) celebrate national cinnamon bun day. :D Work is great today. ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm baking at work right now to (belatedly) celebrate national cinnamon bun day. :D 

:wub:

Pics? or all eaten already? :lol:

I'm glad to read the elbow is getting a little bit better.

Do you know what triggered it exactly, a specific move, or general overuse? Is it your dominant arm?

It sounds a bit more serious than a nagging injury though, I realise now that you mentioned it at the beginning of the challenge already. That's a bit long for a niggle :huh: How does it feel when you press with it?

CINNAMON BUN DAY!!! Yes.

I'm sorry that the elbow continues to bother. It sounds like you're trying a bunch of things to help it out though. Hope one sticks. 

What's it like being an adorable arctic seal with all of this cold water swimming? :) 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

19 hours ago, @mu said:

:wub:

Pics? or all eaten already? :lol:

I'm glad to read the elbow is getting a little bit better.

Do you know what triggered it exactly, a specific move, or general overuse? Is it your dominant arm?

It sounds a bit more serious than a nagging injury though, I realise now that you mentioned it at the beginning of the challenge already. That's a bit long for a niggle :huh: How does it feel when you press with it?

Pics above - but they all got eaten very quickly! I brought two back home and that's it. 

Stupidity triggered it. :rolleyes:There was one particular climb that felt a little heavy but doable that caused the initial twinge. It was just a small twinge so I ignored it and kept projecting that climb over the next few sessions. I also kept doing other climbs that irritated it - nothing particularly painful but bad enough to eventually make me back off a little. And by little I mean I took two days off climbing but still kept doing handstands etc so not actually resting. Didn't really help so I went back to climbing but at some point it got bad enough that I had to take anti inflammatories to sleep through the night... Basically a fairly mild tendonitis turned into full blown tendinosis because I'm an idiot who should know better. 

It's on my non-dominant arm, but it turns out that I use my left arm for a loooot of things! Cooking has been pretty bad as I tend to pick things up with my left, and I also bail from handstands on my left. 

17 hours ago, raptron said:

CINNAMON BUN DAY!!! Yes.

I'm sorry that the elbow continues to bother. It sounds like you're trying a bunch of things to help it out though. Hope one sticks. 

What's it like being an adorable arctic seal with all of this cold water swimming? :) 

giphy.gif

One of the most important Swedish national holidays. ;) 

Thanks! I hope so too. 

Still loving it! :D Though I feel more like this than the cute baby seal

it-z-zee-alien-guy-again-dis-guy-iz-a-we

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went climbing again today! :) It was a bit sad because we went to the new shiny gym that opened just last week but I couldn’t climb any of the new shiny problems. I had to stick to 4s and 5s and even some of the 5s shut me down because I couldn’t find ways of doing moves without pain. It was still fun though, and nice to hang out! It was also quite interesting to observe how I needed to modify my climbing to not irritate the elbow.

On the plus side the guy at the desk was super nice. I mentioned that I was injured and wasn’t sure I’d be able to climb anything, so he told me to come back after the session and let him know if I climbed or not and pay accordingly. :) It was a kinda lame session but I felt I had done enough to warrant payment so went to pay but then he gave me a discount since it wasn’t a proper session. :D Very cool of him!

I also got some proper grow lights this weekend and set up my herb garden in the kitchen. The first stage of it at least. :) The one thing that has been nice about not climbing is finally having TIME (and energy) to do projects like that. It’s been quite the eye opener.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

Those cinnamon buns look amazing! :wub:

With that swimming - how long are you in the water? I'm super impressed by any amount but curious anyway.

So yummy! And so unhealthy, I'm glad my coworkers took them off my hands. :P 

Only a few minutes, not sure about distance but I do a tiny little loop. For now! It's probably going to change quite soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Only a few minutes, not sure about distance but I do a tiny little loop. For now! It's probably going to change quite soon.

That's so cool. How long are you going to keep it up? 

1 minute ago, Asa Pond said:

That's so cool. How long are you going to keep it up? 

We'll see. :lol: It's definitely already gone down in frequency, I really dislike swimming when it gets windy but fall + living on an island makes it hard to avoid these days. :P I'm definitely not one of the hardcore people that swim daily no matter what, but I'm concerned that if I don't swim daily I'll miss too many days in a row and the temperature will have dropped to something unpleasant. And that's when I'll stop. :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

We'll see. :lol: It's definitely already gone down in frequency, I really dislike swimming when it gets windy but fall + living on an island makes it hard to avoid these days. :P I'm definitely not one of the hardcore people that swim daily no matter what, but I'm concerned that if I don't swim daily I'll miss too many days in a row and the temperature will have dropped to something unpleasant. And that's when I'll stop. :) 

You're still swimming?! OMG! That Finish sisu is strong with this one! Thumbs Up :applause:

woaaaa those are proper buns!

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

So yummy! And so unhealthy, I'm glad my coworkers took them off my hands. :P 

ha ha :D

I hope the elbow issue clears up this week! I'm wondering if the cold swims might help too?

On 10/8/2018 at 5:07 PM, Tobbe said:

You're still swimming?! OMG! That Finish sisu is strong with this one! Thumbs Up :applause:

Occasionally :D 

22 hours ago, raptron said:

3ed918381b4e53269f9f3e0a72bbe8bf.jpg

Awww yeeeaahh

3 hours ago, @mu said:

I hope the elbow issue clears up this week! I'm wondering if the cold swims might help too?

It feels pretty good for a few hours after a swim but I don't know whether it's a reduction in inflammation or temporary numbness. :lol:

I got really impatient for some proper strength training yesterday so I played on my rings (did GMB Rings 1 first day). Not sure if that was the best idea, my elbow is quite sore today but it felt ok at the time? We'll see. :P I had to modify some things, for example I struggled with rings turned out support holds, not because of strength, but because it was too hard for me to isolate the rotation to the shoulders rather than hyper extending the elbows. But keeping them straight felt ok. The rest I was super careful with and only did very heavily assisted versions of the exercises, and it was all push exercises. So it shooould be ok after some rest. (I hope)

Swim this morning. :) Loving the fall colours, it's so preeeeetty!

15 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Swim this morning. :) Loving the fall colours, it's so preeeeetty!

What would you estimate the air and water temperature to be?

On 10/6/2018 at 9:04 PM, Mad Hatter said:

BUNS!

Come in here after a few days and find you showing pictures of your buns to everyone :D 

Hope your arm starts feeling better soon.  How long has it been feeling wonky now?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tobbe said:

What would you estimate the air and water temperature to be?

8C in the water (there's a thermometer) and about 12 in the air today

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

Come in here after a few days and find you showing pictures of your buns to everyone :D 

Hope your arm starts feeling better soon.  How long has it been feeling wonky now?

:D:D:D 

Umm quite a while! 2 months? Third week without proper climbing. :(