• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

4 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

8C in the water (there's a thermometer) and about 12 in the air today

Wow, we are even colder than you guys (3C this morning on the way to school).  No way I would be getting into 8C water, though...

Image result for Brrrrrr gif

4 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Umm quite a while! 2 months? Third week without proper climbing. :(

Yeah, I thought it had been going on for quite a while now.  And from the sounds of it, it sounds like it is getting worse, rather than better :( 

58 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Not sure if that was the best idea, my elbow is quite sore today but it felt ok at the time?

Yeah, the same for me. Bouldering: Felt good. Yesterday, a day after: Oh my lord how should I use my arms?!

Today it's kind of ok. But I am also sore. So.....

So it "just" hurts 1-2 days after doing bouldering/strentgh training (also with just pull).

Dunno.

11 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, we are even colder than you guys (3C this morning on the way to school).  No way I would be getting into 8C water, though...

Image result for Brrrrrr gif

Yeah, I thought it had been going on for quite a while now.  And from the sounds of it, it sounds like it is getting worse, rather than better :( 

It was 3C two weeks back I think, it was a great swim. ;) 

Now it's gone back up to 16C day time!

It's a little better, at least I'm not waking up in the middle of the night anymore. And I can lift the water tank for the coffee machine now! :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Yeah, the same for me. Bouldering: Felt good. Yesterday, a day after: Oh my lord how should I use my arms?!

Today it's kind of ok. But I am also sore. So.....

So it "just" hurts 1-2 days after doing bouldering/strentgh training (also with just pull).

Dunno.

Luckily it's not quite that bad for me! But I still can't do any pulling. :( Only hanging. 

This sucks!

• Sad 1

Thing I learned today - if you reheat a stir-fry containing red cabbage and add an egg to it you end up with blue bits that look exactly like used blue chewing gum! :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thing I learned today - if you reheat a stir-fry containing red cabbage and add an egg to it you end up with blue bits that look exactly like used blue chewing gum! :lol:

:smile-new: If you add in other veggies, they will all take on the same look.:friendly_wink:

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

:smile-new: If you add in other veggies, they will all take on the same look.:friendly_wink:

They turn blue but at least veggies don't look like someone has spit out their chewing gum in my food. :D 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

They turn blue but at least veggies don't look like someone has spit out their chewing gum in my food. :D 

yeah :D

you can get rid of some of it by blanching the red cabbage first and then run it under cold water before adding it ;)

or use normal cabbage/pointed cabbage or palm cabbage :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Color me impressed!

Thanks! Though it doesn't feel impressive. I mostly feel like a nutcase. :D But a nutcase that has gained a huge sense of freedom!

54 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

yeah :D

you can get rid of some of it by blanching the red cabbage first and then run it under cold water before adding it ;)

or use normal cabbage/pointed cabbage or palm cabbage :D

But what's the fun in that? :P It's ALL about the colour! It just doesn't quite work when throwing it all together in a pan the next day. Still tasted great!

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thanks! Though it doesn't feel impressive. I mostly feel like a nutcase. :D But a nutcase that has gained a huge sense of freedom!

But what's the fun in that? :P It's ALL about the colour! It just doesn't quite work when throwing it all together in a pan the next day. Still tasted great!

haha true, but often you end with only 2 colours, purple and blue :D

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I mostly feel like a nutcase.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to feel and/or find my "nutcase" if I tried something similar :P;) 

No, but seriously though, in this case I think it really is a good kind of crazy Thumbs Up

2 hours ago, Norgaard said:

haha true, but often you end with only 2 colours, purple and blue :D

Purple I'm ok with, but when my food looks candy blue it does get a little off putting. :lol:

1 hour ago, Tobbe said:

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to feel and/or find my "nutcase" if I tried something similar :P;) 

No, but seriously though, in this case I think it really is a good kind of crazy Thumbs Up

Hahaha :D 

Yesterday ended up a no exercise day, but with swimming plus multiple nature walks it felt ok.

Today I did backbends! I know I’ve said it countless times before, but man do I need to start doing them regularly. :lol: Like more than once every 3-4 weeks. :P It feels great afterwards but during the session everything goes crunch crunch sticky sticky. 

Plus a small amount of rehab/Cirque physio stuff. Oh and a morning swim because I couldn’t resist going out in the spectacular weather. :wub:

AE210654-78DD-4FDE-8878-068930658B31.thumb.jpeg.c63743cd908e610cdb23093e685593e6.jpeg86A9505A-DB06-4313-9D32-FE4614A86835.thumb.jpeg.f086a467c8ee64b5fc80854ab7a7c831.jpegF76D06FC-0C96-4C7F-9810-24ED0B9F70C6.thumb.jpeg.31210e664b4e810aad5edcf07e0ae561.jpeg

• Like 5

:wub: +1 this is truly magnificent!

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

It feels great afterwards but during the session everything goes crunch crunch sticky sticky. 

So true, my back-bend sessions are very dependent on the temperature, what I ate or drank, if I'm tired or not, much more than my other workouts. It's a very context-sensitive practice!

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

86A9505A-DB06-4313-9D32-FE4614A86835.thumb.jpeg.f086a467c8ee64b5fc80854ab7a7c831.jpeg

Love the small hut almost embedded in the trees :wub: So peaceful to spend a night or week at a place like that!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, @mu said:

:wub: +1 this is truly magnificent!

So true, my back-bend sessions are very dependent on the temperature, what I ate or drank, if I'm tired or not, much more than my other workouts. It's a very context-sensitive practice!

Yeah I love it!

It really is! It's really fascinating to me how much both small physical AND headspace variations make a difference.

12 hours ago, Tobbe said:

Love the small hut almost embedded in the trees :wub: So peaceful to spend a night or week at a place like that!

There are a whole bunch of summer cottages where I live, and many of the owners actually spend 4-6 months of the year there. :) I absolutely love that there are places like this even though it's only 5 minutes by tube to the city centre! Not many capitals have such beautiful nature smack in the middle of residential areas. At least not that I'd be able to afford. ;) Very grateful for that. <3

• Like 1

Wow, love the autumn foliage there!

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I know I’ve said it countless times before, but man do I need to start doing them regularly. 

heh, there are so many things that I should probably be doing more regularly (looking at you, handstands), but for some reason I just don't end up getting around to it

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, love the autumn foliage there!

heh, there are so many things that I should probably be doing more regularly (looking at you, handstands), but for some reason I just don't end up getting around to it

It has it's own name in Finnish - "ruska". :) 

Heh, yeah that one. "Everyone" says consistency and frequency are THE most important things for learning handstands, but all I seem to manage is short bursts of practice and then I stop for whatever reasons and have to start from square 1 again. Maybe square 2. ;) 

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Such autumn. Boo on elbow's continued shenanigans.

Many colour! Yeah...

Have I ever mentioned I hate taxes? I realize that puts me in the same category as 99.99% of the world's population, but man I really I hate taxes. 

It turns out I fucked up on my tax return (by not declaring my Swedish income, which I had already paid tax for and declared in Sweden) and yesterday I got a letter saying that I have to do a bunch of paper work otherwise I'll have to pay gajillions in taxes and my tax will be humongous for all eternity if I don't get in the paperwork, by umm today. Because they still got my address wrong even though I tried to change it several months ago. Incidentally which I discovered after my tax return form got to me after the last return date... Also for some reason they believe that I've lived in Finland since 1986 even though I only registered with the magistrate in March last year... Le sigh.

A whole bunch of stress ensued, but at least the lady that's handling my errand was friendly and understanding so fingers crossed I won't have to pay huge amounts in penalty taxes or get double taxed or something like that!!! 

On the plus side, today I discovered I can do chin-ups without pain! :D So now I can  join my colleagues in the pull-up challenge, albeit at very reduced volume. But still, I can pull, somewhat! Also I suck at chin-ups. :P Need bigger GUNZ! 

UGUUGUHGUH. Tax issues are the worst. I hope that they are flexible and lenient given the mix-ups! At least in the US, the bark is usually much worse than the bite. When you ask for extensions and things, they almost always give them. 

The bark was a letter saying basically YOU’RE A TERRIBLE, NEGLIGENT PERSON HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF AN ADULT? Almost literally. 100% opposite to how I got treated on the phone. Which makes it all feel so ridiculous and unnecessary. If you’re committing tax fraud you’re not going to give a shit anyway and if you’re not then it’s a completely unnecessary stressor. Also can they please just cut out the legalese already? I’ve paid my taxes just leave me alone now.