• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Suffers in the Marathon Game.

Hey, It's Grumble. Your best friend, guild leader, and your... two timer. (I'm sorry lifting, I love you. It's not you, it's me. I swear!)

Image result for taz suffering game

I did it now. As I showed in my last challenge, I paid for the L.A. Marathon. Last night I also paid for a Hal Higdon training program. The Novice Supreme. So I'm technically two weeks behind, but only on the baseline training. The actual marathon ramp up doesn't start for another 10 weeks. So I'm still in very good shape.

Beat Wonderland

Follow through on my training, regardless of how much it hurts and i want to give up (actual pain notwithstanding. I'm training, not stupid). I will be using trainingpeaks.com, if I can figure out how make it social, I'll add that info here, otherwise I'm gonna have to post uploaded photos.

Kill Edward: every Wednesday evening the running shoe store I go to has a running group. I have been once so far, I just continue to go every Wednesday. 

Accept a Red Robes Help

Still on the hunt for a therapist. May have to go outside my network. Will also probably work on talking more to you amazing humans and demi-humans.

Retrieve the Animus Bell

Two modules left. As soon as I complete those, I start practice tests. I think I can test out by the end of this challenge. But lets see how the first couple of practice tests go. Then we'll go from there.

Related image

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

Hi best friend :D

I have a new best friend! This is exciting!

Disenchantment Clapping GIF - Disenchantment Clapping Tehnodeda GIFs

41 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Cats and David Tennant? You have set the new bar. 

Image result for cat and david tennant

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

YUS! i ran a half mile yesterday and my calves wannacry today

That's the one muscle that never complains, but I have calves almost as big as some peoples thighs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grumble said:

That's the one muscle that never complains, but I have calves almost as big as some peoples thighs.

same! but i think the soreness comes from the way i run: on the balls of my feet in barefoot shoes? i was never a heel striker so barefoots seem to be great for me.  idrk i just run sometimes and then my calves complain :lol:

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

same! but i think the soreness comes from the way i run: on the balls of my feet in barefoot shoes? i was never a heel striker so barefoots seem to be great for me.  idrk i just run sometimes and then my calves complain :lol:

I was literally chatting with a coach about this maybe 15 minutes ago? Striking with all three positions has it's place. Possibly you're forefoot striking too much? Some of things he pointed out were using heel striking to turn corners or slow down, midsole striking for long slow straight aways, and forefoot striking for downhill and accelerating.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grumble said:

Hey, It's Grumble. Your best friend, guild leader, and your... two timer. (I'm sorry lifting, I love you. It's not you, it's me. I swear!)

How could you?!

drink.gif

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Grumble said:

I love this TAZ art. This is exactly how I picture Merle. 

Also, running. So jealous. I have triedfailedquit running so very many times. I have a C25K app on my phone, and I do the very first day of it a couple times a year and then ... nothing. I will almost never certainly sign up for a marathon, but maybe one of these days I will pay actual money for a 5k or 10k to motivate myself to actually do the thing. 

15 hours ago, Gemma said:

Me too except his arms seem weirdly long for his body size and it's bugging me, makes it look like his legs got chopped at the knees.

17 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

How could you?!

drink.gif

Im A Monster GIF - ArrestedDevelopment TonyHale BusterBluth GIFs

17 hours ago, Gemma said:

1 hour ago, Jord said:

Me too except his arms seem weirdly long for his body size and it's bugging me, makes it look like his legs got chopped at the knees.

I think it's just perspective, also magic wood arm.

17 hours ago, Gemma said:

Also, running. So jealous. I have triedfailedquit running so very many times. I have a C25K app on my phone, and I do the very first day of it a couple times a year and then ... nothing. I will almost never certainly sign up for a marathon, but maybe one of these days I will pay actual money for a 5k or 10k to motivate myself to actually do the thing. 

I absolutely get that, it's why I started signing up for them. Why wait for one of these days? Find one near you happening in the next few months. c25k is 9 weeks. No reason you can't find one 3 months out.

• Like 1

Still figuring out how to share out with the TrainingPeaks app, but for now, you get my workouts typed up.

30 minute tabata session

30 minute break

1.5 mile run in 13:57. I ran to grimble's daycare, a route I have run many, many times. This was hands down the easiest it's been since I've started running it.

2 Lesson left in my second to last module. Talked to my boss yesterday about getting my CySA+ test paid for by the company. I'm a tentative go, so that's about $400 I get to save, which is always a plus. It's like the opposite of giving up a couple fingers.

Image result for taz suffering game magnus

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jord said:

Hmmm - I didn't notice that, I tend to focus on faces. You are not wrong, but imma go with Grumble's explanation - magic wood arm :) 

51 minutes ago, Grumble said:
I absolutely get that, it's why I started signing up for them. Why wait for one of these days? Find one near you happening in the next few months. c25k is 9 weeks. No reason you can't find one 3 months out.

From a motivation perspective, this is obviously the right answer. From a "know yourself and seek self-improvement" POV, if I tried to C25k and ReVamp and NF Handstands at the same time, I would burn out in a week or less. Even though a quick walk/jog around the block makes total sense for "thing to do on non-lifty days" my bandwidth and commitmentability are sadly limited. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemma said:

From a motivation perspective, this is obviously the right answer. From a "know yourself and seek self-improvement" POV, if I tried to C25k and ReVamp and NF Handstands at the same time, I would burn out in a week or less.

That's totally fair. I would burn out in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Even though a quick walk/jog around the block makes total sense for "thing to do on non-lifty days" my bandwidth and commitmentability are sadly limited. 

Can you get engagement from the spouse?

23 hours ago, Grumble said:

Cats and David Tennant? You have set the new bar. 

Image result for cat and david tennant

Hmm. I may have set the standard too high too early. 

Not quite on the same level, but random nonetheless..

200w_d.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Hmm. I may have set the standard too high too early. 

Not quite on the same level, but random nonetheless..

200w_d.gif

Robert Meowney Jr?

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2018 at 7:28 PM, Grumble said:

I have a new best friend! This is exciting!

Disenchantment Clapping GIF - Disenchantment Clapping Tehnodeda GIFs

I see we have a very similar profile picture. We are ment to be best friends.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Oh dear Lord, there's more..

giphy.gif

Purrlock Holmes

h2AE39B9F

These are terrible amazing :lol:

FIFY

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

THESE are terrible!

Darth Furder and his Storm Troopurrs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My thread is a beautiful catastrophe. Please, keep them coming.

Did my first group run through a running shoe store! For clarification, the store itself was not running, and I did not run physically through it. Takes a smartass to catch a smartass.

Joeyfriends Wisdom GIF - Joeyfriends Friends Joey GIFs

No automatic alt text available.

Not my best run, but definitely nothing to be upset about. I beat the 5 milers, which was really my only goal today. 

I should also note that I did this after a Camp HIIT session. 

*Is definitely not crazy*

Im Not Crazy GIF - Imnotcrazy Reality Aliceinwonderland GIFs

• Like 2