• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Suffers in the Marathon Game.

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

what do you mean you beat the 5milers? like there were people doing 5 miles and you hit 3 before they hit 3?

Exactly that. Still close though, I was there maybe 3-5 minutes before the first of those runners showed up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

what do you mean you beat the 5milers? like there were people doing 5 miles and you hit 3 before they hit 3?

36 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Exactly that. Still close though, I was there maybe 3-5 minutes before the first of those runners showed up. 

Silly me, I assumed that there was some manner of violence done.

a65.gif

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Silly me, I assumed that there was some manner of violence done.

a65.gif

Did you make that up just so you could use that gif? Because I feel like you did.

Image result for cat clap gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GodzillaKong said:

Not a cat, bit when I think of a Warrior running, I can't help but think of this;

tumblr_mh8f1eqwW91qgavwyo1_500.gif

I missed this earlier, and I appreciate it greatly.

22 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Did you make that up just so you could use that gif? Because I feel like you did.

LOL - nope! I always go for the verbal joke first, e.g. "Grumble *beat* people?! He's mean." Once that happened in my head, then I googled "violent cat gif."

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

quoting something random so i can use this random gif I found looking for something else

298093de8b47fc1e46fe5fe2a098e09b.gif

• Haha 3

Ended up doing heavy squats and heavy calf raises, although not as heavy as I'd have liked on either (turns out two a days has some adverse strength effects. Who Knew?)

Also did my 1.5 (1.55) mile run with the best running partner. grimble wanted to run, and not just in the stroller. So the last block, once we got to my parents street, she got out and ran a whole neighborhood block length right behind me. It was fricking adorable. Plus she told me she wants to exercise because she wants to be strong like daddy. If that isn't a fucking incentive to succeed, I don't know what is.

Today is a rest day, and boy howdy do I need it. My body is definitely feeling a little out of sorts with all the new exercise I have added in.

Image result for taz suffering game tired

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Also did my 1.5 (1.55) mile run with the best running partner. grimble wanted to run, and not just in the stroller. So the last block, once we got to my parents street, she got out and ran a whole neighborhood block length right behind me. It was fricking adorable. Plus she told me she wants to exercise because she wants to be strong like daddy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5194213

Next forum software update needs a "AWW!!!!!!" button. "Like" just doesn't quite cover it.

• Like 3

On 9/11/2018 at 9:38 AM, Grumble said:

Follow through on my training, regardless of how much it hurts and i want to give up (actual pain notwithstanding. I'm training, not stupid).

Thanks for clarifying. ;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, raptron said:

Thanks for clarifying. ;)

That disclaimer did feel made for you lol.

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

AGREED

THIRDED

Also, here to support the "challenging the warriors despite doing training that fits in another guild" trend we've got going on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Also, here to support the "challenging the warriors despite doing training that fits in another guild" trend we've got going on.

I thought this was awesome and hilarious, so I went to google, with the intention of finding a fun meme or gif that fully captures how it makes perfect sense to do Assassin or Druid challenges while you stay in the Warrior guild. So I typed "what it means to be a warrior" into Google.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I thought this was awesome and hilarious, so I went to google, with the intention of finding a fun meme or gif that fully captures how it makes perfect sense to do Assassin or Druid challenges while you stay in the Warrior guild. So I typed "what it means to be a warrior" into Google.

SCRUBS!!!!!! HECK. YES.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 4:41 PM, MikeW said:

That disclaimer did feel made for you lol.

Disclaimer: It directly was.

On 9/14/2018 at 4:41 PM, MikeW said:

It's fun. I will, first and foremost, always be a warrior. Lifting heavy things is my bread and butter. I'm merely dragging you all along on a bucket list item that shouldn't happen spontaneously.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:38 AM, Grumble said:

Hey, It's Grumble. Your best friend, guild leader, and your... two timer. (I'm sorry lifting, I love you. It's not you, it's me. I swear!) 

Hey Grumble! Don't forget, it was a Spartan that first ran a Marathon. I don't think anyone would say those guys aren't badass warriors!

giphy.gif

Also, I have a friend who has used Higdon plans... I've looked into them quite a bit too.  For someone that is going to dedicate themselves to running, they look really good.  For me at least, they make it way too hard to do much else other than run, eat, sleep, recover.  I'm not sure how you'll mix in much weight lifting at all while doing it.  Good luck though!

On 9/16/2018 at 6:54 AM, Legolas Greenleaf said:

Hey Grumble! Don't forget, it was a Spartan that first ran a Marathon. I don't think anyone would say those guys aren't badass warriors!

giphy.gif

I Like You~ GIF - HowIMetYourMother Ilikeyou Great GIFs

On 9/16/2018 at 6:54 AM, Legolas Greenleaf said:

Also, I have a friend who has used Higdon plans... I've looked into them quite a bit too.  For someone that is going to dedicate themselves to running, they look really good.  For me at least, they make it way too hard to do much else other than run, eat, sleep, recover.  I'm not sure how you'll mix in much weight lifting at all while doing it.  Good luck though!

I'm using his Novice Supreme, which is 4 run days, 1 cross train, and 2 rest. It's not bad. And the runs aren't very long right now. I'm only tracking about 10-12 miles a week right now. I don't even 15 until the middle of november. Which reminds me, I should find a 10k near me so I can start getting that race mindset back in my brain.

• Like 2

The challenge has officially started. And I'm putting myself a little behind the 8 ball. Not on the running portion, but I got a new tattoo saturday and it pretty much precludes me from doing any upper body lifting this week. We'll see how the week goes.

Zero forward momentum on the therapist front. Also related, I think the tattoo saturday was definitely therapeutic.

I have one module left. Once I complete that I'm submitting for my testing voucher and  taking as many practice tests as I can.

• Like 1