• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Suffers in the Marathon Game.

Recommended Posts

On 9/16/2018 at 7:54 AM, Legolas Greenleaf said:

Hey Grumble! Don't forget, it was a Spartan that first ran a Marathon.

 

And then he died.

 

Not sure we want Grumble to take too much inspriation from that... :P 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

And then he died.

 

Not sure we want Grumble to take too much inspriation from that... :P 

 

But think of the respawn calories.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday has come and gone and has my latest run of 2 miles. Ran my first mile for speed at 7:20. Was wheezing like a fat kid getting his own Duff Goldman cake. Which is very annoying. I should not be breathing that hard.The second mile was much slower. and the last .2 was muuuch slower. My running partner decided she wanted to be the leader. So I followed. Good cooldown. I really should take a picture.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

could the shortness of breath have to do with external factors (weather, etc.)? or did you just push yourself?

It was warm, 90-ish, but just pushing myself. I'm the opposite of a dwarf.

Quote

yes, we want pictures

 

I will do my best to accomodate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RUNNING PRs!!!

 

Distance: 3.72 miles (PR for longest distance run without a walking break)

Time: 34:19 (PR for said distance)

Average pace: 9:14 (fastest average pace in like 8 years)

 

I then celebrated with bread pudding and several beers.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Grumble said:

RUNNING PRs!!!

 

Distance: 3.72 miles (PR for longest distance run without a walking break)

Time: 34:19 (PR for said distance)

Average pace: 9:14 (fastest average pace in like 8 years)

 

I then celebrated with bread pudding and several beers.

 

WOOO!

 

you may be a runner but that's a nice warrior-esque celebration.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See my 20 tTSS run workout. I did 2.01 mi in 20:13. #trainingpeaks

 

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about that, but it's my latest. I'll post the rest I missed tomorrow. It's been a wonky 4 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Alright, so catchup to do.

 

 Friday was a rest day. It was also an off day. Managed to get my in wall cabling done for my tv, and broke it as well. No idea how. I've got a guy coming out today to fix it.

 

Saturday started out great. Got a 4 mile run completed in 38 minutes. Felt good. Ran the whole time, got a nice view of the Pomona fairgrounds and old town Pomona. Then proceeded to head to the fair... wher I had to leave at noon when grimble decided to hit a 103 degree fever. To the urgent care we go.


Sunday did not get my crosstraining in, and took care of a sick kid.

 

Monday was an official rest day, so I went to work then came home to help take care of a sick kid.

Tuesday, my turn to stay home. And I no longer have a sick kid. So I got in my run with grimble. And every time we ran over a break in the sidewalk, I'd get to hear a high pitched squeal, immediately followed by a slightly muffled "Bump!" Definitely helped the run along.

Image result for taz suffering game ill

 

Have a potential call back for a therapist tomorrow. I went through milconnect instead of insurance or VA. They've got a bigger network and I get like 15 sessions for free. I doubt I need to go much beyond that right now, but who knows. We'll start small and go from there.

Image result for taz suffering game ill

(insert talking head joke here)

 

Final module! 

Talked to purchasing about a PO for my exam cost. Woohoo!

 

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grumble said:

Have a potential call back for a therapist tomorrow. I went through milconnect instead of insurance or VA. They've got a bigger network and I get like 15 sessions for free. I doubt I need to go much beyond that right now, but who knows. We'll start small and go from there.

 

 

15 free sessions!? How do I get in on this? *runs off to google*

 

Bigger network is a very good thing. Good luck in finding a therapist! It seriously should not be this frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit ANOTHER lifetime PR last night. Upped my cadence from 132 SPM (strides per minute) to 136 and maintained a 9:08 pace throughout the run. I even outran people that were smoking me 2 weeks ago on the 3 mile route. 3 weeks consecutive hitting the running club and it's definitely paying off. 

 

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

oof! sorry about the sick grimble and loss of fair time :(  glad she's better now though

 

the closest I got to ridiculous fair food was a bag of beignets. They were tasty, but overall I feel like I missed out. Sick kid > fair food, but not by much.

 

12 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

15 free sessions!? How do I get in on this? *runs off to google*

Be military or spouse of military.

 

12 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Bigger network is a very good thing. Good luck in finding a therapist! It seriously should not be this frustrating!

 

Hard fail. Turns out that 15 sessions isn't enough to come up with good solutions to anxiety and panic attacks so military one source denied me outright. Back to the drawing board.

 

It really makes me want to give up, this is hands down way more difficult than it needs to be.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Hard fail. Turns out that 15 sessions isn't enough to come up with good solutions to anxiety and panic attacks so military one source denied me outright. Back to the drawing board.

 

It really makes me want to give up, this is hands down way more difficult than it needs to be.

 

That is, excuse my French, a bit fucking shit. Even if 15 is not enough, surely it's better than nothing? A start is better than no start at all etc etc. And that's just the start, so you can pay for more after the 15? 

 

Makes no sense why they'd do that. Sorry.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

 

That is, excuse my French, a bit fucking shit. Even if 15 is not enough, surely it's better than nothing? A start is better than no start at all etc etc. And that's just the start, so you can pay for more after the 15? 

 

Makes no sense why they'd do that. Sorry.

 

Yea, the unfortunate rep on the other end of the phone got an earful. It would have been worse if I wasn't at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Turns out that 15 sessions isn't enough to come up with good solutions to anxiety and panic attacks so military one source denied me outright. Back to the drawing board.

giphy.gif

To borrow a phrase, I can't even. I literally. cannot. even.

 

Hang in there! Maybe one of those 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' situations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

To borrow a phrase, I can't even. I literally. cannot. even.

Preach.

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Hang in there! Maybe one of those 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' situations?

Maybe. I have a follow-up "how did we do" call tomorrow or Monday. I look forward to it.

Glare Death Stare GIF - Glare DeathStare Annoyed GIFs
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

Yea, the unfortunate rep on the other end of the phone got an earful. It would have been worse if I wasn't at work.

 

Wait, a "rep"? The person you talked to essentially denied you treatment based on diagnosing your condition as "too severe for what we offer". If they're not a counselor or therapist, or someone else who is allowed to diagnose and act on the diagnose, I have some serious concerns about how this organization operates.

 

I'm suddenly glad I don't qualify for those free 15 sessions.

 

I will hold off on the swearing and on elaborating on how incredibly wrong it is to turn someone away because 15 sessions are not enough. I will instead repeat what my therapist told me, that that most patients who seek help for anxiety start seeing results after 5-10 sessions, and leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

Wait, a "rep"? The person you talked to essentially denied you treatment based on diagnosing your condition as "too severe for what we offer". If they're not a counselor or therapist, or someone else who is allowed to diagnose and act on the diagnose, I have some serious concerns about how this organization operates.

IN all fairness, it was their supervisor that killed it. And I have a call into their verification team about that. 

18 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I'm suddenly glad I don't qualify for those free 15 sessions.

 

I will hold off on the swearing and on elaborating on how incredibly wrong it is to turn someone away because 15 sessions are not enough. I will instead repeat what my therapist told me, that that most patients who seek help for anxiety start seeing results after 5-10 sessions, and leave it at that.

 

Please, swear. I've also heard from other therapists that anxiety and panic attacks are the "easiest" to solve because there are so many tools and working solutions available. So, yea. Fuck these guys. 

 

In better news, I just ran my fastest 2 mile time ever last night.42727645_10157814926118989_4956585206694

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Please, swear. I've also heard from other therapists that anxiety and panic attacks are the "easiest" to solve because there are so many tools and working solutions available. So, yea. Fuck these guys.

 

Actually, my therapist told me not to expect results until the fourth session or so, since the first few will be spent getting to know each other, and learning what the situation is and what we have to work with.... I'm on session 7, and I can see obvious results. More importantly, others can. Obviously everyone is different, and mileage will vary and all that, but still...

 

Fuck those people. Especially since I suspect the supervisor isn't licensed to diagnose over the phone either :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now