• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Suffers in the Marathon Game.

oh man, i second, third, and fourth everyone's sentiments here on that qualifying bullshit. reminds me of reading about fat patients being turned away for eating disorder help until they lose more weight... skrrrt?!

hoping for brighter pastures ahead in this journey.

ALSO CONGRATS ON SO MANY RUNNING PRS!! how do you even?!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Alright, so I spoke with military one source again and learned several new things that very much change my reaction.

Every 'rep' is a licensed therapist or a master's level counselors. Big note 1 homey should have mentioned the other day.

Also, the services they offer, as dictated by their contract with the government is for non medical related issues, ie grief, marraige, dealing with day to day stressors, etc. Once I mentioned actual medical things (anxiety and panic attacks) they legally cannot offer their services to me. Which is why they gave me a bunch of other free resources near me to utilize. Again, none of which homeboy or his supervisor explained.

So I will be utilizing my other resources and see how that goes and I cannot express my gratitude enough for all your support and and willingness to follow along with this tedious endeavour.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ALSO CONGRATS ON SO MANY RUNNING PRS!! how do you even?!

giphy.gif

Like I do with everything else, dive headfirst into it and figure out where I can improve.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Alright, so I spoke with military one source again and learned several new things that very much change my reaction.

Every 'rep' is a licensed therapist or a master's level counselors. Big note 1 homey should have mentioned the other day.

Also, the services they offer, as dictated by their contract with the government is for non medical related issues, ie grief, marraige, dealing with day to day stressors, etc. Once I mentioned actual medical things (anxiety and panic attacks) they legally cannot offer their services to me. Which is why they gave me a bunch of other free resources near me to utilize. Again, none of which homeboy or his supervisor explained.

My inner cynic wants to point out that licensed therapists and counselors should have better conversation skills than that, but whatever. :rolleyes: Taking this new information into account, their behavior makes perfect sense. They just sucked very badly at explaining their actions. Good luck with the free resources!

And while I greatly appreciate the offer, I would feel bad about depriving your loyal and enthusiastic running buddy of her sunglasses. Particularly since I don't have a dress that matches them as well as her dress does.

• Like 1

Weekend Update

Friday: rest Day. As much as one can rest while still having to go to work.

Saturday: 3 Mile run. Wasn't feeling it, ran it fasted and decaffeinated. 29:57. I think part of it too was I did an out and back without a solid route and I think that definitely causes some run issues with me. I need a route, It helps me mentally, knowing that I will have to make turns and pay attention to my surroundings at least a little.

Had to go to work and set up some computers as we just moved into an additional building, but I got a free lunch out of it, so I'll call it a win.

Emailed The Soldier project , one of the resources I was given by Military One Source, about therapy. 

Got a call Monday.

I GOT ME A MUTHA FUCKIN THERAPIST!

For Free, with Unlimited visits!

Good day.

Sunday: Went to do a bench day, locked out final rep of final set of my primary lift and my shoulder pinged. So my workout got cut short. grimble was most upset as it cut down the time in the kids area at the gym. But she got over it, cause she's friggin adorable.

Also did an escape room with a core group of friends, we're now 4-0. Closed out the day with fish and chips and chocolate chunk bread pudding. I do loves me some bread pudding.

Monday: Rest day, walked to my tattoo artists shop just to get some walking in, apparently I did a good aftercare job cause he wanted to take more photos and showed it off to everyone in the shop.

Image result for taz suffering game ill

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

Got a call Monday.

I GOT ME A MUTHA FUCKIN THERAPIST!

For Free, with Unlimited visits!

Good day.

PRAISE BE! :applouse:

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

Sunday: Went to do a bench day, locked out final rep of final set of my primary lift and my shoulder pinged. So my workout got cut short. grimble was most upset as it cut down the time in the kids area at the gym. But she got over it, cause she's friggin adorable.

I think it's adorable that she likes going to the gym daycare area, that totally works out for you. Lucky! The more workout time the merrier. ;)

• Like 1

OH gods, the pain.

Things I did yesterday

Ran 2 miles in 18 minutes in the morning-ish

Did a 45 minute lower body HIIT session in the afternoon.

Things I should not have done

See above.

I was so beat up, I went to do hamstring stretches and my quads couldn't even hold steady. I fell over twice because they were so fatigued.

Today I have a 3 mile run with the run club.

yay...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grumble said:

OH gods, the pain.

Things I did yesterday

See above.

I was so beat up, I went to do hamstring stretches and my quads couldn't even hold steady. I fell over twice because they were so fatigued.

yay...

Don't say I'd didn't try to warn you ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzzk5OY2KaCHwKuvX911s

• Haha 4

Just now, JustCallMeAmber said:

Eh, it could be worse, right?

giphy.gif

Honestly this gif was one of the less painful options.. so much fail. so much owie.

I actively cringed.

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

so much congrats on finding a therapist! i hope you jive with them :D :D 

i don't know if i even want to know how the 3mi run went yesterday.

I set anther lifetime PR.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2018 at 12:34 PM, Grumble said:

OH gods, the pain.

Things I did yesterday

See above.

yay...

DAMN SON

I wonder if you have reflected lately on how far you have come in your #fitlyfe in the last year? Have you gave yourself a pat on the back recently?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jord said:

DAMN SON

I wonder if you have reflected lately on how far you have come in your #fitlyfe in the last year? Have you gave yourself a pat on the back recently?

I do not mean this sarcastically, but why? I don't feel like I've done anything exceptional. (yes I know we are our own worst critics. But tell that to my inner critic.)

22 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I do not mean this sarcastically, but why? I don't feel like I've done anything exceptional. (yes I know we are our own worst critics. But tell that to my inner critic.)

sure COMPARED TO OTHERS you're accomplishments may not seem exceptional. and what do we say to people comparing their achievements to others?

tenor.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sure COMPARED TO OTHERS you're accomplishments may not seem exceptional. and what do we say to people comparing their achievements to others?

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, Arkania said:

giphy.gif

May you always have the perfect ratio of foam to beer and may the crosswalk light always be exactly what it needs to when you get to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Alright. enough self deprecation.

I've been doing well. I need to honestly sit down and appreciate the journey, but not right now. It's not in my brainspace for lots of self reflection/affirmation/whatever.

As sore as I was I did do really well on my run.

RUN

18:37, Wednesday October 03, 2018
3.01 mi
26:56 mins
8'58" pace
156 bpm
536 cals

Last time I did this particular route, about 4 weeks ago, I ran it 29:21, so 2 and a half minutes faster in a month. Pretty pleased, even if I do say so myself. Upped my cadence to 140 so definitely moving in the right direction. I need to figure out what I want to do after the first portion of the program is complete as far as adding speed work and other running drills.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sure COMPARED TO OTHERS you're accomplishments may not seem exceptional.

Then you're comparing to the wrong others.

• Like 2