10 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh I forgot to report - 3 token minutes from me. :P 

Thanks! I have updated the update. 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

4 minutes in last night. Bring it on, Elastigirl! 

200.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I did 30 seconds yesterday ( I was mainly practicing my jumps) and 3 minutes today. I was trying to hop more than jump, as per someone's (can't remember who) suggestion. I  hoped my calves would last longer, but I could never get a rhythm so I just went back to the way I've been doing it.  

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I did 30 seconds yesterday ( I was mainly practicing my jumps) and 3 minutes today. I was trying to hop more than jump, as per someone's (can't remember who) suggestion. I  hoped my calves would last longer, but I could never get a rhythm so I just went back to the way I've been doing it.  

Well done! Got up 3 minutes as well yesterday. Might miss today with a roadside clean up I'm helping with, but we'll see. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

3 minutes on Tuesday and 4 minutes on Wednesday. Bring it!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

2 hours ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

3 minutes on Tuesday and 4 minutes on Wednesday. Bring it!

Way to go! 

I did 4 minutes today. And my calves did not feel like they were on fire, so it was a win all around

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

32 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I did 4 minutes today. And my calves did not feel like they were on fire, so it was a win all around

Awesome! Means you're getting better, right?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

17 minutes ago, Jittersthe.Clown said:

Awesome! Means you're getting better, right?

I hope so. I've been practicing taking smaller jumps. Today I actually ran out of breath before my calves gave out. Which is a good sign

5 minutes last night. Slowly building. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

You're jumping, ergo, you're doing well. 

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Look out everyone

giphy.gif

Or jump rope, as the case may be.

For last week, here are the numbers I see:

Elastigirl - 9.5 Minutes

Mad Hatter - 7 Minutes

JittersThe.Clown - 16 Minutes

Arkania - 0 Minutes

Jitters takes the 3 points for most jumped, followed by 2 points for Elastigirl with 1 point Hatter following close behind.  All 3 reporting contestants improved their time from the week prior and is awarded an additional 2 points. 

And so our points break down as such:

Jitters - 12

Mad Hatter - 8

Elastigirl - 12 points

Arkania - 0 points (out due to injury. We are all wishing a speedy recovery!)

It still looks to be a close race to the final week. Stay tuned to see how this plays out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Got any tips for absolute beginners?

I'm trying to incorporate rope jumping in my warm up routine and as an activity for on my "off" days, but I seriously suck at it.

The only way I get some decent volume in (with acceptable form) is with an intermittent bounce in between single unders. But that means it's also slooooow.
As soon as I try for single unders *only*, I start jumping way too high and apparently can't keep a proper rhythm. I have yet to do 10 jumps in a row without failing.

Hints and tricks? Or is it a simple case of "practice, practice, practice"?

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

11 minutes ago, Arkania said:

w00h00000, tried it and it worked for my calf :)
Did 1min.

Woohooooooo!

3 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Hints and tricks? Or is it a simple case of "practice, practice, practice"?

Mainly this :P But also think less jump height and more bounce + rotating the wrists faster. But if you can do 10 in a row you already know how to do it, you just need to keep at it. :) 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Woohooooooo!

Mainly this :P But also think less jump height and more bounce + rotating the wrists faster. But if you can do 10 in a row you already know how to do it, you just need to keep at it. :) 

With an intermittent bounce, I never jump, just bounce, and can do 40+ in a row easily.

Whenever I try to leave the intermittent bounce out and go faster, I fail after 5-6. And I would probably fail after 2-3 but I jump WAY too high when I lose the intermittent bounce, as if to artificially squeeze another one or two jumps in without failing.

The difference is massive.

Keep at it, I guess? :P

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

22 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

With an intermittent bounce, I never jump, just bounce, and can do 40+ in a row easily.

Whenever I try to leave the intermittent bounce out and go faster, I fail after 5-6. And I would probably fail after 2-3 but I jump WAY too high when I lose the intermittent bounce, as if to artificially squeeze another one or two jumps in without failing.

The difference is massive.

Keep at it, I guess? :P

I'm not very good at it myself. I can do it,, my calves and feet just yell quickly. But I think you are doing fine, it jus takes practice.