• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman - Counting down, to the end of the year already

Including this challenge, there are only 3 challenges left for this year. Now is the time to focus, because I want to crush some weight loss goals of mine.

Since January 1st, I am down 89 lbs. I originally wanted to hit 100 lbs gone by my birthday on November 2nd. That should be easy to do now. I want more though. Let's see just how much I can do by the end of this year. I want this to be one amazing year to look back on. Something I can say "Damn, I can't believe I did that last year".

I am currently 275.8 lbs. My eventual goal weight is to be 185 lbs. I think BMI numbers really want me at like 165, but I don't know about how I would feel there. Honestly, if I were 185-200 ish, and fit that way, I would be really happy. That is pretty far off though. Let's focus on close milestones.

October 08th, 2014 I weighed 257 lbs. This was my lightest recorded weight that I can remember in adulthood. In middle school, I weighed 225 lbs. Pretty much all three years. At that weight, I ran half a mile in under 3 minutes. (My one goal in middle school to do)

1st goal to reach, hit 100 lbs weight gone this year. 10 lbs away.

2nd goal to reach 257 lbs. 18.8 lbs away.

3rd goal to reach 225 lbs. 50.8 lbs away.

4th goal to reach 185 lbs. 90.8 lbs away.

Now before I wrote this all out today. I hadn't thought i was this close to these numbers. While I felt I have down well this year so far, I felt like I was still 40 or 50 pounds out from getting to my lower weight. Looking at the numbers, I am only 50 lbs away from weighing what I did in middle school. So now, I have to go for it. I feel re-fired up to really kill it this year. Of course, teh lower yoru weight gets, the harder it is to loose more.

The question is, how far can I make it by the end of this year. I feel like the first and second goal I can get. That 3rd goal though. That will be tough to get. That means losing 17 lbs on average a month. That however is my stretch goal. The impossible goal that I will reach for anyway.

These next 3 challenges will probably be very similar to previous ones. I just need to really pull it all together. There will be huge hurdles to have to dance around as well. It is holiday season soon. Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. All times when people get together and eat massive amounts! Not to mention plenty of sugary deserts and candies.

Here are my goals this challenge to help support my goals

Goal#1 - As always, keep on the Keto path

This will still be one of the most important goals for me. I need to keep staying on Keto. Find ways to do it, even when tempted with all the holiday treats that will be incoming. I need to recheck my macros, and keep calories on point as well. Do not go over 20 net carbs per day. Continue to track everything into MyFitnessPal. Continue doing my normal Intermittent fasting routine. Eat at 11 am, be done with eating by 6 pm.

5 points per day. 35 points per week. (7 days) Under 20 net carbs, tracked in MFP, and IF done.

Goal#2 - Get the exercise routine down

While Exercise isn't going to make me drop all the weight, it will help me be healthier, and much stronger. Eventually, I would like to get myself into a gym, but for now we focus on body weight workouts. Maybe throw in some dumbbells. I am going to start off with doing the workouts in the Nerdfitness Academy. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday workouts. I want to add in cardio goals too, but I always seem to fail these. Still, I want to get back to running, and walking. This challenge, I want to walk at least once a week. I can build up from there, but let's start small. No amount of steps, just me going out and walking for a few minutes.

5 points per workout day. 15 total for the week on workouts. 

5 points for walking once or more per week.

20 points total per week.

Goal #3 - Get more sleep

My son started school, and I have been the one taking him in the morning. This has meant me having to get up by 7 am. Going to bed by 12:30 or even 12 is not giving me enough sleep. This goal, is for me to be in bed by 11:35 pm. At 10:30 pm, I need to shut down everything, and ready. I have an alarm set for 11:25 pm. At that time, I need to close up shop and get into bed. In the past I let myself finish a chapter or whatever. Not this time. I need to be more strict. 11:35 pm should be enough time for me to lock up the apartment, go to the bathroom and get to bed.

5 points per night. Reading at 10:30 pm and in bed by 11:35 pm. 35 points per week.

Goal #4 - No really, get working on your list

OK, since moving I have had a list of things that still need to get done. I did get my bedroom window tint done, finally! Man, it has made a difference. Now I need to get to other projects. I am tired of having stuff the way it is. So this time, I am adding grading. Each day, I need to work on something for at least 15 minutes, or until a project is done. Like if I hang up the shelves in my sons room in 10 minutes, then that is fine.

• Unpack computer area boxes
  • Hang new shelves
  • Hang pictures
  • Re organize my closet
  • Build my LEGO! (Doctor Who, and Voltron!)

Longer term list items:

• Get through my sports cards (massive downsize)
  • Board/Bag/Go though all my comics
  • Try to sell off my old bowling balls/equipment
  • Start sending off pictures/slide/videos to get digitized (very expensive, but a little at a time will help)

5 points per day. 15 minutes or a project completion. 30 points per week. Will give myself one day off ;)

Goal#5 Check in and blog each day

I am going to add this one in as a bonus goal. No points, but just something to make me keep checking in, and blogging. I severely got away from this during last challenge. 

Week 1 (09/17 - 09/23) - 95/120 - 79%

Week 2 (09/24 - 09/30) - 0/120

Week 3 (10/01 - 10/07) - 0/120

Week 4 (10/08 - 10/14) - 0/120

Challenge total: 0/480

Measurements: Day 1 / End of Challenge

Neck - 18.36 in

Chest - 48.85 in

Waist - 52.71 in

Bicep(L) - 15.03 in

Bicep(R) - 14.84 in

Forearm(L) - 12.08 in

Forearm(R) - 12.36 in

Thigh(L) - 26.10 in

Thigh(R) - 25.86 in

Weight - 275.8 lbs

• Like 3

Checking Macros today. https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

If I am lightly active, and want to be at a 30% deficit then my numbers are

1862 Calories, 125 g fats, 19 g carbs, 165 g protein. 

25% deficit is

1995 Calories, 140 g fats, 19 g carbs, 165 g protein,

I think in this range I would be happy enough. Though I think I would rather have higher fats then protein.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tateman said:

Since January 1st, I am down 89 lbs. I originally wanted to hit 100 lbs gone by my birthday on November 2nd. That should be easy to do now. I want more though. Let's see just how much I can do by the end of this year. I want this to be one amazing year to look back on. Something I can say "Damn, I can't believe I did that last year".

Good on you! Sounds like you're on the right track, that's going to be an amazing feeling! Also your moving list is getting shorter every time :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Good on you! Sounds like you're on the right track, that's going to be an amazing feeling! Also your moving list is getting shorter every time :)

I do get some things checked off, but always seem to find more to add on haha

• Like 2

I think your doing great. I am excited to see you hit that next milestone. Just keep working at your self and the moving list, and both will get smaller before you know it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I think your doing great. I am excited to see you hit that next milestone. Just keep working at your self and the moving list, and both will get smaller before you know it.

Indeed. :) I'm working on getting on track this week for the challenge. I haven't worked out yet, but maybe tomorrow. I didn't get to bed earlier last night, but not late either. I'll get it better!

• Like 2

Following! You're my keto inspiration, Tateman, so I might ask to pick your brain later. Serious congrats on your weight loss, you're doing amazing!!! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Following! You're my keto inspiration, Tateman, so I might ask to pick your brain later. Serious congrats on your weight loss, you're doing amazing!!! 

Thanks! Feel free to ask away. I will try to help :)

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hows it going Tateman? Are you getting to bed any earlier?

Yes, and now. haha. Night before last, I was up until 3:30 am. Mostly reading. I just went nuts and didn't feel like sleeping. So paid the price the next day. Last night, I got to bed perfectly on time, but woke up at 4 am. Could not get back to sleep. Brain would not settle back down. After 1 1.2 hours of trying, I just got up.

I've been semi sick this last week. Mostly sinus/head cold type. Plus weird stomach issues. Though twice last week, I had huge calorie days. Like yesterday, I felt like I couldn't stop eating. Over 3000 calories. Damn self sabotage I tell you!

Today, I shall strive to start the week off better! I am going to be tired (thanks brain), but it is challenge time. I have to stick to my goals officially now. haha

• Like 2

Well, today started off a little rough with waking up so early. Still did pretty well though. I got my workout in this morning. I also went through my closest. I may revisit the closet later since it has photos and such in there. Eating has been fine too.

I did skip bowling. I just don't feel up to it. My throat was starting to hurt a little bit. I hope this cold or whatever isn't going to get worse. Hopefully, I can get some sleep tonight! :)

• Like 2

There is something going around, well at least here. Hopefully you have the allergy thing and not the "back to school crude" as I call it. I get the sleep issues. Hopefully you got some sleep last night.

Great job still getting so much done today even with feeling tired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hopefully you have the allergy thing and not the "back to school crude" as I call it.

Children are menaces. On Sunday I ran into the class of preschoolers I visited a month or so ago and they all wanted hugs and high tens. Cute as buttons, but I woke up with a sore throat the next day. >_< I hope your recovery is swift and painless, Tateman! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

There is something going around, well at least here. Hopefully you have the allergy thing and not the "back to school crude" as I call it. I get the sleep issues. Hopefully you got some sleep last night.

Great job still getting so much done today even with feeling tired.

Yeah, that could be part of it :)

15 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Children are menaces. On Sunday I ran into the class of preschoolers I visited a month or so ago and they all wanted hugs and high tens. Cute as buttons, but I woke up with a sore throat the next day. >_< I hope your recovery is swift and painless, Tateman! 

Yeah, germ magnets haha

Today has been decent I suppose. I am feeling better, so that is great :) Sleep was much better. I did wake up a little once or twice, but more or less stayed asleep.

WRXup1L.jpg

Felt like I needed more sleep still when I got up. haha. 11:36 pm to 7 am. 6 hrs 54 mins total sleep. 15 x awake for 30 minutes.

I did well with eating yesterday.

09/17 MyFitnessPal - 1728 Calories, 8 net carbs. 112 g protein, 129 g fats. I am trying to keep fats > protein. So I hit that. Also stayed low on the net carbs.

Exercise done yesterday

3 x 10 squats

3 x 10 Elevated pushups (done at my kitchen counter)

3 x 10 Doorway bodyweight rows

3 x 30 secs farmers walk. I used 15lb dumbbells in each hand, and just walked the circle around my kitchen and living room area.

I also worked on my list

• Unpack computer area boxes
  • Hang new shelves
  • Hang pictures
  • Re organize my closet

Longer term list items:

• Start sending off pictures/slide/videos to get digitized (very expensive, but a little at a time will help)

Got my closet done. Will probably revisit later to unpack more boxes that are in there too.

I also checked in here a bit, and made a blog post.

All in all, a good day yesterday. Tonight I still need to get a blog post done, and spend some time working on something. I think I am going to hook up my computer speakers. My old ones started shorting out, and the company replaced the, So I need to reset up some stuff in my computer area. Just moving some things around on my desk. :)

• Like 3

Well, I didn't get to setting up my speakers yesterday. I did clean dishes and such, but that really isn't on my list ;)

I also did not work on the list today. So tomorrow, I need to get something worked on! I did however get in my workout in today. Nothing fancy.

I am feeling much better. Not quite 100%, but I don't feel as bad as I did a couple of days ago.

I did fairly well with food.

09/18 MyFitnessPal - 1813 Calories, 7 net carbs, 95 g protein, 146 g fats. 

I did no exercise, so I probably needed calories to be lower. Still, I was low on net carbs. My fats were also greater then my protein. 

Sleep was alright, though I woke up wanting more sleep. :) I am having less big awake times. The blimp this morning was my son coming into ask us a question. haha.

5pfnsAK.jpg

11:37 pm to 6:59 am. 6 hrs 53 mins. 14 x awake for 29 minutes.

No work on my list yesterday. No exercise. I could have went for a walk, but didn't.

I got in a couple of posts here, and posted on my blog as well.

Well, another day of not working on my list haha. 

Other then that, I felt much better today.  No extra walking or anything today. Just bowling tonight.

My sleep was decent, but I did wake up at 5:30 or so. Never did get back to a good sleep after that. 

6qzhoH4.jpg

11:36 om to 6:59 am. 6 hrs 46 mins. 14 x awake for 37 mins.

My food was higher then I wanted in calories. Wife made some pork in the instant pot, and I had to try a bit. ;) 

09/19 MyFitnessPal - 1916 Calories, 8 net carbs, 91 g Protein, 154 g Fats. So I hit the low carbs, and had more fats then protein. I did workout yesterday, so the calorie numbers are close to where they should be. It just would have been better without that extra pork ;) 

I did get a post here and my blog done too.

Tomorrow, I want to actually spend some time here lookign at everyone's threads. Too much I leave it till too late at night, and have to rush. I'll also be hitting up my workout after I take my kid to school.

• Like 1

Got around to a few threads today. Nothing too crazy today. I did get in my workout, and I actually worked on my desk area a bit. Though, I am not 100% happy with it, so I will probably mess with it more tomorrow. :)

Sleep went mostly ok, but I got a little awake again in the morning. It is hot here again. We even had red flag warnings for fire danger. Low humidity, and high heat. I think this week is all going to be hot. Will probably effect my sleep!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 2:20 PM, Tateman said:

Sleep went mostly ok, but I got a little awake again in the morning. It is hot here again. We even had red flag warnings for fire danger. Low humidity, and high heat. I think this week is all going to be hot. Will probably effect my sleep!

My parents mentioned they're getting the usual late September heat wave up in North Bay. Watch out for fires and stay safe! Don't forget to hydrate extra and keep your electrolytes up when it's hot :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I had some trouble sleeping last night, but still got in 8 hours at least ;) I think it has been a long time since that happened.

I also went for a decent walk today. Went over to the Fremont hub. It has Target, Gamestop, and a bunch of other stores. Not too far from where I live. I had fun just walking and doing my Pokemon things :)

I did get to sleep later last night. Shame on me for wanting to finish off extra reading haha. I knew it was the weekend though, and I didn't need to get up at 7 am.  I also did not get over here yesterday and post. Nor did I do my blogging.

• Like 1

Today, I have beaten the level 1 boss General Doms at the NerdFitness Academy. :) Now I move on to the next set of exercises.

My exercise today was:

21 squats

7-8 good form Knee Push ups. 

1 minute front plank

17 seconds left leg, 22 seconds right leg for one leg balance.

Will get to my week summary next :)

• Like 1

Well, since posting my challenge, my weight hasn't changed much. In fact, I am up 0.4 lbs since I posted. That off week was rough. I am however making some progress back. This week, I am down 1.3 lbs total. 

DMX5E0k.jpg

I am 276.2 lbs this morning. 88.6 lbs total since January 1st. While I am disappointed to not see more results here, I just have to stick with the progress. I know that I had one really horrible over eating day then night before the challenge started. Plus that off week, I over ate a lot. I was sick a bit. I have also been doing more exercise this week, adding to body stress. My hope, is that by next week, I will really have that whoosh moment, and everything is clicking again.

Goal#1 - As always, keep on the Keto path

09/17 MyFitnessPal - 1728 Calories, 8 net carbs, 112 g Protein, 129 g Fats
09/18 MyFitnessPal - 1813 Calories, 7 net carbs, 85 g Protein, 146 g Fats

09/19 MyFitnessPal - 1916 Calories, 8 net carbs, 91 g Protein, 154 g Fats

09/20 MyFitnessPal - 1704 Calories, 8 net carbs, 102 g Protein, 134 g Fats

09/21 MyFitnessPal - 1715 Calories, 4 net carbs, 144 g Protein, 117 g Fats

09/22 MyFitnessPal - 1543 Calories, 9 net carbs, 99 g Protein, 113 g Fats

09/23 MyFitnessPal - 1815 Calories, 4 net carbs, 184 g Protein, 111 g Fats

I did have a couple of days that my IF was not done on my normal times. Like one night I at some pork the wife made at 7:30 pm. I just made sure the next day I ate later. I actually had a couple of days I didn't eat until noon. I also made some progress of my secret goal of having higher fats then protein. It is much harder to do when there isn't many options left to choose from here at home. Still, I am doing what I can.

35 points total. 100%

Goal#2 - Get the exercise routine down

I did in fact get in all 3 workouts this weekend, and had my walk yesterday as well. Not bad. I had skipped some bowling because i was feeling sick, but still got the workouts done.

Monday:

3 x 10 squats

3 x 30 secs farmers walk. I used 15lb dumbbells in each hand, and just walked the circle around my kitchen and living room area.

Wednesday:

3 x 10 sets “Good Morning”
3 x 5 sets “Standing Wall Walk”
3 x 5 seconds each leg “One Leg Balance”
3 x 20 seconds “Planks”

Friday:

3 x 10 squats

3 x 30 secs farmers walk. I used 15lb dumbbells in each hand

Sunday:

Went for a bit of a walk. Over 5k steps on fitbit

20 points total. 100%

Goal #3 - Get more sleep

09/18 - 11:36 PM to 7:00 AM. 6 hrs 54 mins. 15 x awake for 30 mins.

09/19 - 11:37 PM to 6:59 AM. 6 hrs 53 mins. 14 x awake for 29 mins.

09/20 - 11:36 PM to 6:59 AM. 6 hrs 46 mins. 14 x awake for 37 mins.

09/21 - 11:35 PM to 6:51 AM. 6 hrs 48 mins. 10 x awake for 28 mins.

09/22 - 11:39 PM to 7:26 AM. 6 hrs 59 mins. 14 x awake for 48 mins.

09/23 - 11:58 PM to 8:52 AM. 8 hrs. 19 x awake for 54 mins.

09/24 - 11:29 PM to 6:45 AM. 6 hrs 25 mins. 14 x awake for 51 mins

Each night, I did get in my reading before heading to bed. Only the one night I decided to finish the chapter out. So I lose points. Last night was a really rough sleep, or lack of sleep. A couple of warmer nights had me moving around a bit too much too. Overall though, I feel like my sleep has improved. I wonder if I should trying moving my schedules up by another 30 minutes. Just to get that little bit of extra sleep. Maybe something to play around with for next challenge. :)

30/35 points. 85 %

Goal #4 - No really, get working on your list

• Unpack computer area boxes (did some work this week)
  • Hang new shelves
  • Hang pictures
  • Re organize my closet

Longer term list items:

This goal, I didn't do so well on. I did get through my closet. I am sure I will need some more organizing in there eventually. For now though, it is fine. I did work on my computer desk area one day as well. Swapped out some speakers. I need to work a little hard this week on it!

10/30 points. 33%

Goal#5 Check in and blog each day

I did mostly OK with my no points goal. I missed one day on my blog, and a day here that I didn't post. I want to get more time to spend on checking out everyone's posts here too, not just post in my own thread.

Week 1 total 95/120 point.  79%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tateman said:

I am up 0.4 lbs since I posted. That off week was rough. I am however making some progress back. This week, I am down 1.3 lbs total. 

They say weight loss isn't linear, but I think you're doing a pretty good job overall anyway! 88lbs since January is nothing to sneeze at. Sometimes hiccups happen, so it's good to see you sticking with it. You'll get your whoosh soon! 

I also made some progress of my secret goal of having higher fats then protein.

Just curious, is this higher by calories or by grams? (I'm assuming grams because fats are 9cal per while proteins are only 4, so even if the grams are similar or slightly favor protein fat cals can be way ahead.) 

This goal, I didn't do so well on. I did get through my closet. I am sure I will need some more organizing in there eventually. For now though, it is fine. I did work on my computer desk area one day as well. Swapped out some speakers. I need to work a little hard this week on it!

Your list looks like a lot of mid- to large-sized projects. For me when I have something like that staring me in the face, it feels like too much to deal with, so I set it aside for the magical "later" when I feel like I have the time, energy, and interest to spare. If you're having that problem, I've found writing out a list of steps for each item on the list makes them much easier to tackle, since I know exactly where to start. If that's not the issue, maybe try scheduling some work at specific times in the week to make sure you don't gloss over it? 

• Like 2

Yeah, by grams. I have been watching the Ketoconnect couple for awhile. They usually like to try having more fats then protein to help feel more satisfied. I figured I would aim to do that too. I am trying to make sure I see how I feel as well during it.

59 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Your list looks like a lot of mid- to large-sized projects. For me when I have something like that staring me in the face, it feels like too much to deal with, so I set it aside for the magical "later" when I feel like I have the time, energy, and interest to spare. If you're having that problem, I've found writing out a list of steps for each item on the list makes them much easier to tackle, since I know exactly where to start. If that's not the issue, maybe try scheduling some work at specific times in the week to make sure you don't gloss over it? 

Very much no real little projects. I've been trying to just get myself to work on something for 15 minutes each day. Even the bigger projects would get done after awhile. Plus I know that once I start on some of them, I probably won't stop until it is done. I probably need to get strict with myself. Like come home, exercise, work on a project, or come home and work on a project. It is just very easy to push it off. Then it becomes "too late" to start ;) haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

They say weight loss isn't linear, but I think you're doing a pretty good job overall anyway! 88lbs since January is nothing to sneeze at. Sometimes hiccups happen, so it's good to see you sticking with it. You'll get your whoosh soon! 

Seconded! You've lost the equivalent of an average 12-year old. That's an entire 12-year-old you're no longer carrying around with you all the time! Good on you :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

You've lost the equivalent of an average 12-year old. That's an entire 12-year-old you're no longer carrying around with you all the time!

Well damn, there's a way to look at it I hadn't considered... That's a little mind-blowing, I gotta say! 

• Like 1