• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Brovatar Korra

Brovatar Korra - Terms of EnRAMPAGEment

Okay I know I'm recycling an old theme. But it was a good one.

raw

Training, nutrition, recovery, sleep, have all been going well. But I need to step up the intensity to make sure I am as prepared as possible for this meet (UPA power weekend November 18th). 

TIME. TO. RAMPAGE!!!

GOALS

1.  Follow training program

2. Hit calorie and macro goals within 10% 6/7 DAYS PER WEEK

I have been good at following my nutrition plan, but I need to dial it in to keep the scale moving toward 198#. After reviewing the last 3 months of data numbers have been adjusted to:

1,950 cal, 219g carb, 65g fat, 122g protein

50e71f8fb15f60e94a798522bcae54b4.gif

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

207.4 this morning! "A new low" LOL. 9.4 lb to go for that 198 class, 10 more weeks. THIS. IS. HAPPENING!

Sooo close... worst case scenario, you can easily do a 3-5 lb water cut without messing up performance...

• Like 1

WEEK 0 SUMMARY

1.  Follow training program - DONE!

2. Hit calorie and macro goals within 10% 6/7 days per week weekly (1,950 cal, 219g carb, 65g fat, 122g protein)

I'm still going to try and hit as close as I can each day, but I realized trying to calculate % for every day is way too much work. Will just calculate weekly averages.

Average cal: 1,972  - Sweet!

Average carbs: 212.9 - Yes!

Average fats: 71.4 - 9.8% just barely!

Average protein: 128.7 - Yup!

Week 0 average weight: 208.5

Going strong into this week, which will be 9 weeks out from competition, and week 7 of training with coach.

booyakasha1.gif

• Like 5

Monday
BP 135 plus set of chains 9x3
I did the math on the chains and weight is actually 158 at the top. This takes the lift from 67.5% to 79%. No wonder it felt so tough. Did not have to drop the weight though!

Tried squats again on Tues, I apparently have not given my back enough time to recoup because it flared up again. Le sigh. Last time it got mad at 205. This time it stayed strong until 245. Progress...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Monday
BP 135 plus set of chains 9x3
I did the math on the chains and weight is actually 158 at the top. This takes the lift from 67.5% to 79%. No wonder it felt so tough. Did not have to drop the weight though!

Tried squats again on Tues, I apparently have not given my back enough time to recoup because it flared up again. Le sigh. Last time it got mad at 205. This time it stayed strong until 245. Progress...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zzY.gif

• Like 1

Leg training is currently overcoming lower back obstacles, but upper body training is ON POINT! Nutrition and hitting macros seems to be going much smoother than any previous challenge, maybe 5 years of trial and error and learning from different experimentation is finally paying off.

Thurs 9/20

1. BP with 1 board - worked up to 195x1, then 6x1 @175, then 3x3 @140 no board

2. A bunch of rear delt and rowing accessories

Sat 9/22

1. SQ with 2 sets of chains, 6x3 @175 (movement felt good through ROM, but they were slow I had to concentrate really hard on keeping core/torso very rigid to avoid lower back from coming into play) - which I suppose is a good thing

2. DL with light set of bands - worked up to 250 x2, then 3x2 at 70% of that. I set up 260 but while getting in position I just had a feeling it was time to stop so I did. 

3. All the hamstring accessories

Week 1 Recap

1.  Follow training program - DONE accept not hitting ideal% on squats, I am playing it safe. But I didn't miss a day and adapted to any movements that were aggravating.

2. Hit calorie and macro goals (1,950 cal, 219g carb, 65g fat, 122g protein)

Week 1 averages:

Cal: 1,917

Carbs: 198.4 g

Average fats: 72.9 g

Average protein: 124.7 g

Week 0 avg weight: 208.5

Week 1 avg weight: 206.4

Overall happy with nutrition this week, I need to up carbs a tiny bit and decrease fat a tiny bit, but overall striking a good balance. Going into next week will be 8 weeks out from comp and 8# to go to make weight!

archer-back-krieger-yay.gif?w=650&h=704

• Like 5

What it is the end of week 2 already? That flew by.

Week 2 Recap

1.  Follow training program - DONE accept STILL not hitting ideal% on squats, But DL and BP are making slow progress. This week I did incline bench and used 45# DBs for the first time, PR woohoo!  I'm going for 50# DBs next week. Also happy that the back business feels 90% better.

Week 2 averages:

Cal: 2,122

Carbs: 244 g

Average fats: 76 g

Average protein: 124 g

Whoah what happened with these carbs? I've just been craving them. It was a big struggle this week. My weight didn't really budge, but looking at the numbers above that makes sense. To break below 205# I'm going to have gather up some more diet discipline and curb these carb cravings.

Week 2 avg weight: 205.7

df719e1b1f84fd5fe78ad6c627e7c9097b051b33

• Like 2

Wow this week went by fast!

Week 2 Recap

1.  Follow training program - DONE. Talked with the coach and we adjusted % numbers for squats. Working in this new range feels much better. I think I was being a bit ambitious trying to base on numbers I hit over a year ago at a higher body weight. BP is going great.

I just realized today that MFP sends out a weekly digest that does this for me :) I usually delete it but this time I took a look and realized it had already done all the work I was trying to calculate manually. :cower: I got a bit off track over the weekend with family coming to visit. Hunger got away from me a lil bit. A lot of sushi was eaten.

148291485_ScreenShot2018-10-08at3_17_20PM.thumb.png.15e3d8b92df2fa12624572f96be32dd6.png

Week 2 avg weight: 205.7

Week 3 avg weight: 205.0

Heading into 6 weeks out from competition, still ~7# away from comp weight. I've made really good progress in the last ~3 months; I am confident if I stick to the plan I will achieve this.

307b.gif?w=650

• Like 2