• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Frost of the Gloaming

Rededication

I seem to keep up with my training better when I put a race on my calendar, so being that it's only 110 days until New Years and the Hangover Half marathon, that is what I'm training for 

Also I managed to do  4 weeks of my 100 push up challenge, I feel strong and dedicated enough to add in pull ups, dips, and inverted rows into the mix

Will add more to this when I get back from a run. 

• Like 3

Just signed up for my 23rd in a row Arsenal City run

I went through old records to get an accurate count and had a few years that weren't there, then I remembered oh yea they had a 10 k with the 5 k for a bunch of years, so I looked them up and sure enough I'm there. So whereas it's not 23 years of running the 5 k it's 23 years of doing the Arsenal City.  

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 10:44 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

So whereas it's not 23 years of running the 5 k it's 23 years of doing the Arsenal City.

That's awesome!  I was hoping for a tradition like this, but I haven't found my race yet.

5 k on lunch

trying to find the best deal for cable/internet and realized that they all suck and they all jack the prices up after the first year, how about instead of making us rent equipment, let us download an app on a firestick/roku/whatever and use that for a cheaper price? 

• Like 1

I get an hour for lunch, which just means I stay an extra half hour later than everyone else

I can knock out 5 miles in 45 minutes, that's half marathon pace right now, hopefully I'll be down to 40 minutes or less by next May. I just started training for it this week, starting with picking up my pace for my normal week day runs and adding in miles to my long run, because of last spring I know I am capable of running 10 miles, so know it's about rebuilding those miles at a harder pace.

No I'm not going to be running my 10 milers at 5 k pace, I'm still going to keep those nice and easy, I'm hoping that with pushing myself during a couple of runs during the week, I'll be able to drop my time for what I consider comfortable 

Om Mani Padme Hum 

Quality and Quantity is the goal of the winter, ran 4.8 miles on the treadmill in 45 minutes, which is shorter than what I ran last week, however I had random hill on so for most of the run I was running between 1 & 3% hills, which is a lot harder than just running on flat 0%; my goal for next week is to do random hill again but this time for 50 minutes; unless I can find time to get outside for a long run on the weekend and which then I'll be shooting for 6+miles