• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski: the SHeL thief

On 9/17/2018 at 8:51 AM, Mad Hatter said:

You just did more in a day than I do in a week haha. :o 

:lol: I'll probably pay for it the rest of the week in feeling a bit crummy!

23 hours ago, raptron said:

BEFORE 5 AM ON A SUNDAY? Oh lord.

It was roughhhhhh.

21 hours ago, Grumble said:

This is the opposite of college. 

Haha indeed - I would sometimes still be awake at 5.

16 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Very good point. Though to me jävlar anamma is a lot less positive and enthusiastic, and consequently, less loud as well. (Yes, I'm from Norrland. Why do you ask? :P )

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

And I'm a southerner sooo... :P:D 

I didn't really follow this, but I feel like I'm learning so much about Nordic culture. At a glacial pace.

Week 1 Day 2: Bit of a rough day yesterday, to be expected. Got up and folded some laundry, paid bills and got my butt to work for maybe half the planned deep working time. Work was solid if a bit uneventful, took a break to work out, and got started on data science work by 4 until teaching class needed to happen at 6 (and then practiced after). Managed to get my lecture watching and problem set due today done, but it required a bit of a late night after dance to do it and skipping some evening routine stuff. I am wiped today and cannot wait to get home and sleep. Went over on calories due to some cookies I didn't *need* to eat or particularly enjoy - gotta get better at skipping the "meh" junk food I'm offered.

Sisu:

• Work: 7-9: 0.5/1, Addtl Deep Work: 0.5/1, Leave by 4:30: 1/1
  • Dance: Mindset: 2/2, Reflections: 0/2
  • Feet Stretches: 1/2, Workouts: 1/3, Foot Strengthening: 0/3 
  • Data Science: Caught up, time to start working ahead

Hygge:

• Candles: 2/2
  • Pray / Reflect: 1/2
  • Read: 0

Lagom: 

• Stretch and/or self-massage: 1/2
  • 7.5+ hours of sleep: 0/2
  • Cal / Macro targets: 0/2
  • 2-3 social things / week: 1/2 1+ small talk with someone every day: 2/2

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

0400e94288e7a7f91689dc44cf320527.480x270

whoops, sorry i'm late!

i bet the extra calories were needed due to lack of sleep.

Is that supposed to be Oaken?

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, MikeW said:

Yes! I’m currently reading 2 non-fictions: “The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything,” which is a primer on Jesuit spirituality (kinda sorta Catholic hippiedom) for the complete beginner. The writing is A+ for the material, and I feel like it’s really helpful in deepening my experience of my faith (may or may not be your speed at all, and no worries if not).

Haha I really like that description of Catholic hippiedom.  My sister went to a Lasallian college, which is apparently similar to Jesiut, and that term basically perfectly describes her.

Second one is “Designing Your Life,” written by two Stanford design school professors who teach a course by the same name - all about applying design thinking principles to how you set up your life, which is also super cool. Highlight so far is encountering the phrase “encore career” which is a possible plan for me with dance teaching.

I feel like I've been ramping up for my midlife (quarter life? idk. whatever it is when you're 30) crisis to hit in the next few years and I think whatever an encore career is sounds like a good way to deal with it.

Speaking of dance, same-sex partner is aware that a potential competitive partnership is on the horizon and is very eager for it, which is exciting. Another benefit of the change would be having a more set practice routine, rather than the current week by week variation dictated by current partner’s work schedule (no fault of hers, it’s the nature of nursing). Certainly would make solidifying my weekly routine much easier.

That's super exciting!! Plus having a set schedule I can imagine would make your life a billion times easier.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, MikeW said:

Agreed - super fascinating how so much meaning gets packed into a single word!

I am continuously astounded at all the cool words other languages have that take like, 100+ English words to describe the jist behind.  English seems so boring at times like this.

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

Is that supposed to be Oaken?

25 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

If not, that is definitely copyright infringement..

it is! from the broadway version

• Like 1