• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anim07734

NFA: Dungeon Delver

Calling All Heroes of the Realm!

The kingdom of Ssentif Dren is under assault by dark forces and requires aid!

All interested are requested to register on the

Party Roster.

The counterattack begins September 17th!

DD.png

Once you’ve registered, select your race and class, using the guide below.  This will determine your starting stats, as shown on the Overview.  You can then choose a Level 1 specialization, which will increase the chosen stat by 1.  You’ll gain additional specializations as you gain level up throughout the mini-challenge.

Classes:

Clerics specialize in supporting their companions, drawing on the power of their faith to support and defend the party.

Fighters stand on the frontline, defending the party while attacking its enemies.

Rogues focus on taking down enemies as quickly as possible, using weak points to attack and control the enemy.

Wizards harness magical energy to control the battlefield and support their companions.

Races:

Dwarves are stout folk with an affinity for metal and stone.  Their solid frames serve them well on defense.

Elves are lithe and agile, sharing a delight in nature.  Many use their dexterity to control their enemies.

Giants are large creatures who prefer to keep to themselves.  When threatened, their attacks are staggering to behold.

Gnomes are small, friendly folk who enjoy simple comforts, like supporting their friends and family.

Goblins are sneaky and self-sufficient, using any advantage to control their enemies.

Halflings are good-natured scoundrels.  Their pranks and jokes lift spirits, supporting allies.

Humans are versatile and adaptable, using these abilities to best defend against their enemies.

Orcs are strong and independent, prefering to smash their enemies with unrelenting attacks.

Stat Explanations:

Attack is your ability to deal damage to a single enemy (your primary target).  It could be many, small strikes, a single, massive blow, or targetting joints and other weak points.  Each time you make an entry, your primary target will take damage based on your Attack stat and your Reps Performed (Attack *Reps).

Control is your ability to manage the battlefield.  You may be using magic to target multiple enemies (FIREBALL!!!), drawing enemies to you with threats and insults, or dancing through the battlefield striking any enemy that comes in reach.  Each time you make an entry, each enemy will take damage based on your Control stat and your Reps Performed (Control *Reps/4).

Defend is your ability to protect yourself and your party from physical damage.  It could represent heavy armor and skilled shield use, defensive magic, or dodging away.  Each time you make an entry, the party’s Protect will increase based on your Defend stat and your Reps Performed (Defend *Reps/100), to a max of 50% damage received.

Support is your ability to shield yourself and your party from magical damage.  It could represent casting spells to counter and negate the enemy’s, distributing potions and other concoctions, or singing an inspiring song.  Each time you make an entry, the party’s Shield will increase based on your Support stat and your Reps Performed (Support *Reps/100), to a max of 50% damage received.

Healing doesn’t use a stat and can be performed by any party member.  It can represent cure spells, antidotes and other potions, or first aid.  Each time you make an entry, you may enter enter time spent performing a static hold to heal the party (1hp per sec held).  You can’t heal more damage than your party has taken.

Other Notes/Rules:

Specialty is purely descriptive and has no effect on your stats or battles.  Use it to describe yourself, your character, or your role in the party.

Any Rep-based Exercise may be performed during a battle.  Only those with a personal AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) of 20 or less may be scored, however.  Unilateral (one-sided) exercises must be performed on both sides to count (use only the lower rep count).

Any Static Hold may be performed to heal the party.  Only those with a personal AMSAP (As Many Seconds As Possible) of 30sec or less may be scored, however.  Unilateral (one-sided) holds must be performed on both sides to count (use only the lower hold time).

This is a roleplay mini-challenge and everyone is encouraged to post updates in character as the story progresses.  Please use italics for any story (in-character) responses and normal text for rules questions and other out-of-character concerns.  Roleplaying is NOT required to participate.

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are open to everyone

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate.  

- Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

12f7962d-720a-4e23-9341-2c98fcd76712_560

• Like 4

Battle 1: Clear out the Storehouse (Complete)

Battle 2: Kobold Raid

Example:

After reading the descriptions, I decide I want to be an Elf Fighter.  Since I prefer reach weapons to keep enemies at a distance, I decide to use my level 1 specialty for more Defense and set my Specialty as “Halberdier.”  

This gives me an Attack of 1, Control of 1, Defense of 3, and Support of 0. I’ll do decent damage, and am good at protecting the party, but I’ll have to rely on others to shield us from magical attacks.

For my workout, I perform a circuit of:

10 pushups (AMRAP 30)

5 pullups (AMRAP 12)

4 pistol squats (AMRAP 8right/7left)

15sec side planks (AMSAP 25sec each side)

I complete 3 full circuits, but on my 4th, I fail during pistol squats and decide to call it a day.

When I go to log my workout:

-I find the first open line on the current battle and enter my username (exactly as I put it on the Party Roster)

-Choose my primary target

-Log a total Reps Performed of 34 [0 pushups (AMRAP>20) + 5*4 pullups + 3*4+2 pistol squats (4 on right side, 2 on left side during the last set)]

-Log a total Hold Time of 45sec (3*15sec each side)

Damage is dealt to my primary target based on my Attack and to all targets based on my Control.

The party’s protect increases based on my Defend and shield based on my Support.

The party also heals up to 4.5 damage taken.

• Like 2

Never have I done so much math for a mini, right up front. :) That's probably not true, but it feels like it. Figured "baking" probably isn't a battlefield specialty, so potions it is. Thanks for setting this up! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Never have I done so much math for a mini, right up front. :) That's probably not true, but it feels like it. Figured "baking" probably isn't a battlefield specialty, so potions it is. Thanks for setting this up! 

I once had a player make a gnome druid baker.  He made all his potions as cookies and earned everyone a free place to stay by cooking for the orc innkeep in town.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

I once had a player make a gnome druid baker.  He made all his potions as cookies and earned everyone a free place to stay by cooking for the orc innkeep in town.

Hahah, yaaaaas. Stealing this then. :) Here's your health cookie. Mana cookie, coming up. Death from above by super hot spicy cookies. Mu hu ha ha. 

• Like 1

Groog sat to the side of the campfire listening to the others arguing.  He was never the smartest member of the group, so sometimes he had trouble following the more complicated discussions.  Today was one of those days, the finer points of the discussion beyond his comprehension.  Jurkh was always the smart one he could hear him now explaining loudly to Mwrap and the others why it was better to hit with the narrow side of a hammer rather than the broad side.

Groog listened for a while but this kind of discussion was too much for him and made his head swim.  He stepped away from the fire to clear his thoughts.  He never worried too much about the finer points of strategy like that, he never needed to because he always listened to his gut feelings.  His gut had never led him wrong.

However, his gut had been giving him some trouble for the last few weeks.  He didn't know why, but he had a feeling that something very bad was happening, and that he needed to help.  He had asked Jurkh about it, but as usual received nothing but a rock smashing into the side of his head and a jeering laugh.  Trusting to his gut, he knew he was going to have to leave his tribe.  His gut was telling him that he needed to go to the other side of the mountains, where the little people lived.  It was there that he would be able to learn what this evil was, and what he needed to do to fight it.

So that night, while the rest of the giants slept, Groog set off over the mountains in search of the little people.

• Like 3

Thank you for answering the call, mighty heroes!

We have a long road ahead of us to reclaim our land, but first, there are more pressing matters.  If you wish to eat during this campaign, you'll need to help secure the storehouses.  Drive out any vermin you find, and our workmen will make the necessary repairs to keep them out.

Battle 1: 6 Giant Rats (or Rodents of Unusual Size, if you prefer)

Remember to use a new line for each workout and always select your primary target!

• Like 3

How should static holds be counted.  I tried putting them in is seconds, but it is formatted as a percentage, which confused me.  I changed it to to add an "s" but I am pretty sure that screws up the calculations...

• Like 1

Hazard the Highlander is a fun-loving giant who's always up for a good game.  He fancies himself something of a Quarterback, enjoying throwing "footballs" to his "Receivers".  That the Receivers usually don't realize they're playing a game, doesn't seem to particularly bother Hazard.

post-390-0-92137600-1456774126.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

How should static holds be counted.  I tried putting them in is seconds, but it is formatted as a percentage, which confused me.  I changed it to to add an "s" but I am pretty sure that screws up the calculations...

You should enter the total time in seconds for any hold you perform with a personal AMSAP of 30sec or less.  I've corrected the formatting error, but healing won't have any effect until after the party has taken damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will see what I can do, but I think I'm going to have to catch up with the party a little ways in.  The movers are coming tomorrow, so today is finishing packing/cleaning the new house, tomorrow is actually moving, and Wednesday is going to be unpacking.  Not seeing a lot of time to get a workout in there (beyond what I get from doing all that stuff).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Elennare said:

I will see what I can do, but I think I'm going to have to catch up with the party a little ways in.  The movers are coming tomorrow, so today is finishing packing/cleaning the new house, tomorrow is actually moving, and Wednesday is going to be unpacking.  Not seeing a lot of time to get a workout in there (beyond what I get from doing all that stuff).

Sounds like plenty of workout to me.  Moving is always more work than you expected.

Signups will stay open the entire time, so you can sign up whenever you get settled and contribute as much or as little as you have time. :friendly_wink:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

Sounds like plenty of workout to me.  Moving is always more work than you expected.

Signups will stay open the entire time, so you can sign up whenever you get settled and contribute as much or as little as you have time. :friendly_wink:

Indeed, but I don't know how to count an AMRAP of moping floors or packing boxes. :)

Already signed up, just not going to be able to contribute for a bit!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Elennare said:

Indeed, but I don't know how to count an AMRAP of moping floors or packing boxes. :)

Already signed up, just not going to be able to contribute for a bit!

One! One floor mopped! 'Ah 'ah 'ah! 

And if you didn't read that in The Count's voice, go back and read it again. I'm guessing boxes would be an amrap of more than 20 though, unless it's books or very large boxes. Good luck.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Dumb question: do we have to put all the reps from a workout on one line/ focus? Can we split it onto 2 lines with 2 different foci? Giant Rat #1 is almost dead, I don't want to waste reps on overkilling him and leave the rest untouched. 

Nevermind, I tried targeting him and the next one and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Imalda had been wandering for a while, and her supply of food was running low. She didn't really have anywhere to be, but when she'd set out from her burrow to see what else was out there, she hadn't counted on how much she missed baking. It's easy to cook over an open campfire, but baked goods required more controlled heat sources. She was mulling over how to make a collapsible oven when she heard a commotion in the distance. It sounded like a fight, and as she neared, she could see all different types of people fighting... giant rats? That meant food storage. And THAT meant food preparation! She dug out her pouch of battle cookies and jumped into the fray, happy to help anyone who would let her borrow their oven in return for some protection. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Dumb question: do we have to put all the reps from a workout on one line/ focus? Can we split it onto 2 lines with 2 different foci? Giant Rat #1 is almost dead, I don't want to waste reps on overkilling him and leave the rest untouched. 

Nevermind, I tried targeting him and the next one and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Not dumb at all.  Yes, you can split your workout to choose different Targets, if you'd like.

You, personally, won't notice a difference because you currently have an Attack of 0.  So the only damage you deal is based on your Control, which is applied to all targets equally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Le'anath sat reading in a tree on the outskirts of town, as he was wont to do, when a commotion distracted him. "What now?" he grumbled, annoyed at another interruption. Several villagers were seen scurrying about the storage sheds. But wait! They weren't the only ones scurrying. His sharp elven eyes saw the flash of a long, hairless tail. "Ah," he mused, "the RUS's are at it again. I suppose I could go for some target practice," he muttered to himself, reaching for his quiver. 

• Like 3

Spotting a few elves tight ends attacking running a screen for rat #2 a receiver, Hazard lines up his throw and lobs a large rock the ball just after rat #2 the receiver counterattacks turns in to the hitch. 

*splat*

"Fife yards gain," Hazard proclaims in a Scottish Giantish brogue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Groog wandered into the town just in time to hear someone - someone very important, it seemed - talking about getting the food ready for a journey.  Groog was always good at helping out so he joined the group as they went into the building where the food was.  Groog was pleased to see that the dinner they were preparing was giant rats, one of Groog's favorites.  Although he prefers them roasted on a spit, he didn't have a fire handy, so he decided that jellied rats would be a good second choice.  Entering the small room, he began swinging his massive hammer to mash the rats into a nice thick jelly... 

• Like 2

The last giant rat falls under the heroes' onslaught.  As the sounds of battle die down, a soldier peeks his head inside, then quickly hurries away.  After a few moments, the commander enters to survey the carnage.  He frowns slightly at the sight of a giant using a cookie, apparently from the gnome asking about an oven, to scoop up bits of smashed rat.

Shaking his head, the man turns to the business at hand.  "With the giant rats driven off, we can get our workmen in here repair the damaged walls to keep them out."  His gesture includes the original holes and several new ones, from flying rocks, fireballs, and less recognizable causes.  "If you can stand guard while they work, my soldiers can begin packing supplies for the journey.  Feel free to make use of the medical supplies for any injuries you sustained."

You have ~24hrs to heal before the next battle.  Continue to log your Hold Times under Battle 1.

• Haha 1