• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raptron

Raptron's Spandex Season Begins

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Haha that sounds like a terrible idea before a weigh-in :lol:

Only if I eat them today! I could bring them to the meet tomorrow and make friends. :D 

3 minutes ago, raptron said:

Only if I eat them today! I could bring them to the meet tomorrow and make friends. :D 

In theory that’s a good plan, in practice I’d eat ALL THE COOKIE DOUGH. For science, of course.

20 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

In theory that’s a good plan, in practice I’d eat ALL THE COOKIE DOUGH. For science, of course.

It's definitely easier said than done. We'll see! Hahah. 

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Did you manage to resist? :D 

I did by not... trying. I was too tired to make cookies!

Day 4.6

53f5d2460acb8aa6cdd23c85332e790c.png

I hit 260 / 275 / 290 for squat! 10# PR for this! Super stoked. 125 / 135 / 140 for a (relatively) sad bench. 5# less than my previous meet PR and 15# less than my gym PR. Closed it up with 270/290/310 to match my current gym deadlift PR. I shoulda/coulda gone heavier but it felt nice to end on a good lift. My total was 735# and that got me 2nd place in my weight class (30# behind the first place person, so not really upset about that either), and 65# higher than my meet total 10 months ago.

Videos to follow!

69033ff31c7a0bb48292686d2192e0ee.png

f9a17be087326db34d7683730b845dc6.png

• Like 3

Woooooaaah! Fantastic result! Awesome trophy and cool spandex too (not easy to make those look good) and wooot those quads!!

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty pleased with the result.

And I think it's something about the placement of the shorts plus the knee socks makes it so the quads really draw the eye, hahah. 

Day 4.7

Went for a long walk to enjoy the nice fall day, get some blood moving, and run errands. Most of my errands involved buying food, haha. I had a bit of a "TREAT YOURSELF" day as a reward for my meet. I went to a nice coffee shop to get a london fog latte and a scone (latte was great but the scone was eh), wrote up my meet in my bujo, and hung out outside in the crisp fall day. I browsed at the Goodwill for costume pieces for Halloween (didn't find what I was looking for, but I found a GREAT $6 green velvet dress that will go in my holiday rotation), bought groceries, and stopped at the bakery to pick up a loaf of olive + hot pepper sourdough and a nice, big bavarian pretzel (seriously, I can never get enough of pretzels). 

Spent the rest of my Sunday doing laundry and otherwise couch-bound, watching the new Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. It's good! The original movie from the 60s is one of my faves. This isn't really anything like it, but still quite good.

• Like 2

FalseLegitimateBoubou-small.gif

Challenge Wrap-up

1. Do workouts √

2. Do pec mobilization √

100% 

:D 

Talk about setting the bar low. I'm still thinking through how I want to approach the next few months from a strength training and gymnastics perspective. I'll get a challenge up once I've made some decisions there.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 2:46 AM, Mad Hatter said:

That’s one kickass trophy :lol: Goes well with your socks and quads :wub:

Congrats on the squat PR too! And the 65# improvement!

Yes!  What Mad Hatter said on both accounts!  Those quads have nothing to do with shorts/socks.  It has everything to do with all of the work you are putting in.  Stoked for you.... even if it is a week or so late.