• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grandkai_NL

Grandkai Goes Wick

Grandkai Goes Wick

john-wick-3-1024x576.jpg

John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about.

Last challenged i did a respawn here in the forums and with fitness, habits, nutrition. Despite having a decent 2 weeks challenge i need more focus on my goals, commitment to not be distracted with videogames & sheer will to succeed in my challenge.

FOCUS: Don't be distracted by videogames until my task for the day are complete. These task are the following:
- Working out;

- Pomodoro Cleaning;

- Shopping (if needed);

- Making meals for the week

This one is important to me because the last weeks i went straight to my console to play games instead of making sure my apartment is clean which resulted in a dirty apartment. And then only cleaned when i had no clean dishes. NEVER again! Games are fun but they don't decide my life.

tumblr_oorp07IV1r1w8p7s7o1_500.gif

COMMITMENT: Workout every other day. 

I bought the Rings & Handstand Super Pack here on Nerd Fitness. I'm going to alternate between Rings & the Handstand workout. For example: Monday Rings with Bodyweight, Tuesday Off, Wednesday Handstand, Thursday OFF, Friday Rings and so on...depending if i get my rings on Monday or it will the other way around. And once i get more used to all the exercises i will probably do both Rings & Handstand in the same workout but thats for later. Now i want to get back into the routine of working out.
Besides the Rings/Handstand stuff i'm going to do basic Bodyweight stuff (push-ups, pull-/chin-ups, squats, planks) to become stronger.

landscape-1485875324-giphy-1.gif

SHEER WILL: Update every day

Doesnt matter when i update, no matter what shift im doing i will update here everyday as much or as little there is to tell.

giphy.gif

100% Gaming Goal: Deus Ex Mankind Divided

I used to do 100% gaming goals ever since i got inspired by a old friend ( @Lilmissbri, she does on PS4 and i do on Xbox :D ). This challenge i'm going to do my best to 100% Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Who knows, maybe ill even stream it (the time between my last REAL challenge here and now i started streaming a bit on Twitch, but i had to drop it because i had a period where i just had no energy for it. Now i have some more energy and i want to try and start streaming again). 

Leather-Adam-Jensen-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-Coat-355x600.pnglatest?cb=20180617135914

Also: i get the same vibe with these 2. Looking like a Gentleman & being deadly when pissed off.

And to get in the whole John Wick theme even more, one of the best, maybe even THE best scene's of the movie.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 8:57 PM, Grandkai_NL said:

This one is important to me because the last weeks i went straight to my console to play games instead of making sure my apartment is clean which resulted in a dirty apartment. And then only cleaned when i had no clean dishes. NEVER again! Games are fun but they don't decide my life.

That is one very HARD goal!

How is the rings and handstand programme going? I haven't looked into it before, will check it out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @mu said:

That is one very HARD goal!

How is the rings and handstand programme going? I haven't looked into it before, will check it out.

I have only done 1 day on the handstands which invols wrist mobility. Tomorrow or wednesday the rings are being delivered. But i saw it involved 45 degrees rows. And i will update my progress with Rings & Handstand in here. 

10 hours ago, raptron said:

Chores first, games later? Sounds terrible! ;) Good luck! 

Yeah its not great but sometimes you have to choose when you have your own apartement. There’s still enough time to game tho. 

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Following. I love the "looking like a gentlemen but deadly when pissed off." Definitely a goal to strive for.

Yay, welcome back. 

Week 1, Day 1

A good start of the challenge. Woke up after my nightshift and immediately did my morning routine (#5 minute flow, 30 minutes read, breakfast). After that i had an hour before my workout and decided to watch a bit of Twitch. No gaming myself so far in the day. Then got to my workout:

Did Wrist Mobility & Quadruped Rocking. I liked the Wrist Mobility exercises and will probably add them to my #5 Minute Flow as a little bit more mobility. Quadruped Rocking felt the same except that i had to get used to were my weight is. After that i did push-ups, chin-ups & squats.

After that it was time for Pomodoro Cleaning & 100% gaming. Here i started with gaming. Did the first mission of Deus Ex Mankind Divided with 2 youtube guides (one for all the achievements in order of the story & one for the stealthiest route). And did a basic cleaning of the apartment (dishes, cleaning tables and cleaning the toilet).

Overall a good start of the week and the challenge. Tomorrow i have no workout planned so the extra hour i have i'm going to get some groceries.

FOCUS: + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

COMMITMENT: + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

SHEER WILL: + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

100% GAMING: + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

• Like 1

Week 1, Day 2

Today was a rest day. But i got my rings in and immediately tried them out on my pull-up/dip station i have at home. I was a bit afraid that while doing rows the whole thing might tip over. But after looking in the Rings Faq i see the mentioned being more in the center of gravity of the station, so i moved the station a bit from the wall and no more worries of tipping over. Just need to see if it stays sturdy when i remove the dip bars....

Didnt clean or do my 100% game :( was distracted while reading a online comic. Tomorrow ill ditch the hour break between morning routine & workout and start earlier with my workout and earlier with my Pomodoro Cleaning & 100% gaming.

FOCUS: + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

COMMITMENT: + - - - / - - - / - - - - / - - - 

SHEER WILL: + + - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

100% GAMING: + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Didnt clean or do my 100% game :( was distracted while reading a online comic.

Those things are deadly... they will kill hours at a time without you even noticing. How do you like the rings?

Week 1, Day 3

Got my first workout in with Rings. And it was interesting, i did both the Rows & the Straight Arms Support for this workout. Rings felt easy and because of me kinda needing to be near the center of my pull-up station i was starting with the 30 degrees angle i already nailed 1 or 2 levels? (need to check it out). The straight arm support was doable for the first level, had a bit of trouble of finding my balance at the start but the third set i got it. 
Now i only need to see if my pullup station is strong enough when i remove the dip bars (ill try to post a pic later today of my pullup station). 

Also did some more Handstand wrist mobility and will probably take more time on those to really give my wrist more mobility before i move on to the next level.

I cleaned & 100% gamed. Didnt progress a lot in the story because i was trying to get a certain achievement which i had to do stealthily (like a assassin ;) ) and had to re-do it a few times.

Not a lot has happened besides that...

FOCUS: + - + - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

COMMITMENT: + + - - / - - - / - - - - / - - - 

SHEER WILL: + + + - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

100% GAMING: + - + - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Those things are deadly... they will kill hours at a time without you even noticing. How do you like the rings?

The rings are interesting, but already feel that they will be great for follow-up workouts

• Like 1

Sadly, my doorway isn't wide enough to do a full turnout for straight-arm support, but even with half turn-out, that is tough. Been at it for a few weeks, and can do 2x15 seconds, but shaking like a leaf the whole time. Looking forward to pics of the station. 

Week 1, Day 4 till Day 7 + Week 2, Day 1

Was quite tired the last few days from my nightshift and thus i barely updated here. But the workouts are still going good, right now on Lvl 2 with Rings but still keeping it at Lvl 1 with Handstand since my wrist mobility is not that great yet.

Missed 1 day (yesterday) but made up for it today.

Dont have a lot more to tell right now. Spent the weekend playing a bunch of Destiny 2.

Here is my workout station, a pull-up/dip station with rings added. If i have time this week ill try to get the dipbars off and see if it stays strong:

https://imgur.com/gallery/XRaFBmH

FOCUS: + - + + + - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

COMMITMENT: + + + - / + - - - / - - - / - - - -

SHEER WILL: + + + - - - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

100% GAMING: + - + + + - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - -

• Like 1