• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble works out at work

Doing physio on weekends didn't really work out so I'm going to work out at work instead. I already do isometrics, bouhler exercises, and physio at work, so there will be no raised eyebrows if I do a little more.

Quest 1: Work in

Do exercises at work and track them (other than the stuff described below). Any exercise, any number of reps. Warm up before and stretch afterwards.

Goal: 15/20 days.

Quest 2: Let's go physi-o

Do physiotherapy sessions for my shoulder once a day. I have not been doing as many reps as I should be, I'm aiming for 30 reps x 5 exercises.

Goal: Full sessions on 15/20 days

Quest 3: Static Isometrics

Isometric shoulder exercises every weekday morning. The first five from this page.

Goal: 18/20 days

Quest 4: They see me Bouh-ling

5 reps of the Bouhler exercises described here (and this one). This usually happens right after isometrics in the morning.

Goal: 18/20 days

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bob the Bard said:

I used to work out in my cubicle (when I worked in one).  You get a couple of weird looks, but with all that I accomplished I didn't really care.

Tha's awesome! I feel the same way! I'm lucky because the old-ish lady next to my cubicle works out as well, so it was much easier for people to accept it when I started doing it too. We work out together sometimes!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Tha's awesome! I feel the same way! I'm lucky because the old-ish lady next to my cubicle works out as well, so it was much easier for people to accept it when I started doing it too. We work out together sometimes!

This is how revolutions start. :) Glad to hear the work and coworkers are still a positive for you. 

On 9/17/2018 at 2:16 PM, Manarelle said:

This is how revolutions start.

giphy.gif

On 9/17/2018 at 2:16 PM, Manarelle said:

Glad to hear the work and coworkers are still a positive for you.

I often think of how lucky I am to have landed a job with nice coworkers. It's such a relief.

-------------

I found a book called Bulletproof Knees and of course I want I bulletproof knees so I tried out one of the exercises. It's basically a one leg squat (called Skater's squat, but I like its other name King deadlift because it sounds cooler).

2 days ago...

Bodyweight King Deadlift x3 each side (not max ROM)

BW King Deadlift x1 each side (as far down as I could go)

Wrist curls(?) 5 lbs x20 (and reverse wrist curls x20)

Yesterday...

Nothing. Boo.

Physio        MTWTF

Isometrics MTWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF

• Like 1

Yesterday...

Oldish lady and I did a workout together. Warmup, regular squats x12, wide squats x12, close squats x12, sumo squats 10 lbs x12, lunge squats x12, bicep curls 10 lbs x12, arm raises (front) 5 lbs total x12, twist-punch cardio thing x12, cooldown.

I was a running bit late in the morning so I didn't do my usual isometrics-bouhler combo.

Physio        MTWTF

Isometrics MTWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Yesterday...

Close squats (20 lbs) x12, wrist curls (+reverse WC) 5lbs x12, bicep curls (10lbs) x12. My workouts are wimpy when oldish lady is not leading them.

Late AGAIN, so I missed my isometrics/bouhler wombo combo. Got a little bit of isometrics in before I left though. Set my alarm back to normal (15 min earlier). That'll fix this.

Physio        MTWTF

Isometrics MTWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF

giphy.gif

(that's not what she looks like)

• Like 1

Yesterday...

Setting the alarm back worked! Of course this means I have to go to sleep a bit earlier too. Did isometrics/bouhler while listening to Oxy. Didn't have time to do any exercises though, it was busy at work.

Physio        MTWTF

Isometrics MTWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF

giphy.gif

• Like 2

The last few days...

Isometrics and bouhler exercises are going smoothly but physio is in trouble. My theraband has been gradually breaking apart and I couldn't do physio yesterday because it tore again and the pieces are too small to use. I need to get another one ASAP. Oldish lady and I did a workout together yesterday. I learnt a bit of line dancing from her too. She says it might be useful if I go to a club but another coworker pointed out that its just grinding and twerking these days.

Physio        MTWTF MTW

Isometrics MTWTF MTW

Bouhler      MTWTF MTW

giphy.gif

(this is mostly accurate)

• Like 1

I tried to pick up a new theraband on Friday but the place closes early on Friday. I'll try again Monday. Also, unrelated to the challenge, I've been jumping around almost every day and my shoulder is able to keep up so far. I'm going to continue to try keep my effort at 60% during parkour training as that's been working fairly well.

Physio        MTWTF MTWTF

Isometrics MTWTF MTWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF MTWTF

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Picked up a new theraband yesterday, and I thought I might as well upgrade. Behold! Theraband green! With 25% more resistance!

image.png.2ad8753d6963667e6012cf5f8306c1fa.png

Physio        MTWTF MTWTF M

Isometrics MTWTF MTWTF M

Bouhler      MTWTF MTWTF M

• Like 2

The last few days...

Did a workout with the one and only oldish lady on Tuesday. Different kinds of squats, tricep extensions (10 lbs), and a sprinkle of other cardio-like stuff. No line dancing though. I'll ask her next time.

Yesterday I did a bunch of one leg calf raises (20 lbs) alternating legs. I did both the straight and bent leg ones. And then shin raises. And then shin and calf stretches. I want massive calves.

Physio        MTWTF MTWTF MTW

Isometrics MTWTF MTWTF MTW

Bouhler      MTWTF MTWTF MTW

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The last two days...

Did a workout with oldish lady the day before yesterday, and then a bunch of line dancing. I think I'm starting to get it. We looked at videos of the cha-cha slide afterwards. I didn't do iso/bouhler that day because I was really tired in the morning. No workout yesterday but I did my physio stuff.

It's impossible to hit my goal for isometrics and bouhler anymore, so I'm adjusting those goals to 17/19 days, since its a long weekend. Adjusting physio to 15/19 days, and workouts to 15/19 days.

Physio        MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF

Isometrics MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Yesterday was a close one. I went for a really really long walk after work the day before so the next day I was so tired I didn't feel like doing isometrics/bouhler in the morning. I was going to tell myself I would do it later in the day but I knew that wouldn't happen so I sucked it up and did it. I wouldn't have been able to achieve my goal otherwise, so I'm glad I did.

Physio        MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF TW

Isometrics MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF TW

Bouhler      MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF TW

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Physio        MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF TWTF

Isometrics MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF TWTF

Bouhler      MTWTF MTWTF MTWTF TWTF

Work out at work: Goal was 15/20 days, did 7/19. I forgot to revise this goal... whoops.

Physio: Revised goal was 15/19, did 15/19.

Isometrics: Revised goal was 17/19, did 17/19.

Bouhler: Revised goal was 17/19, did 17/19.

Pretty good challenge overall. Didn't hit my goal for working out at work but now I have a good idea of what to expect in terms of the frequency of workouts that I do with oldish lady. I didn't count the stuff I did during my lunch break and after work. For physio/isometrics/bouhler, I usually didn't do all the sets/reps (5x30,5x20,4x5), but I think the important thing is that I'm doing it consistently.

• Like 1