When the Body Speaks

Week 1 - Day 5 update

3b52376f6daf304ade2ad896796c0e04.gif

Food: 5/7

Stretching: 4/5

Exercise: 0/1

Had a few vegan meatballs for dinner that contain about 30% chickpea/corn, it doesn't add up to much within a whole day of food but I might still count it as breaking my rule... we'll see.

Still not done any yoga or ballet practice yet. It shall happen during the week-end then!

Not stretched today, yet. If I do, I'll add it in tomorrow.

Otherwise, been feeling super under the weather this past couple of days.

I've really wanted to go crazy with my favourite comfort foods today but managed to stay reasonable and within my rules.

I hope motivation kicks back in for a wee session of yoga or barre, that's all i'm asking ^_^

Seeing everyone doing so well is helping for sure!

Let's breathe in. Try to centre myself.

bfbf7716e5b076faffa148460a58c6fd22dd06ac

• Like 2

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

3 hours ago, Nol said:

I've really wanted to go crazy with my favourite comfort foods today but managed to stay reasonable and within my rules.

bfbf7716e5b076faffa148460a58c6fd22dd06ac

Oooh, glowy sailor. I feel energised by the glow. Yeah, I was super tired yesterday and today in the afternoon. I don't know if I'm catching a cold, or if it's just normal variation in energy. I tried taking naps, but they made me more tired. All my nerd fitness nerds gave me the Bock (translate: goat? desire?) to go for a walk this afternoon. It perked me up much more than the stupid nap. 

I hope you start feeling better and get some Bock as well. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

22 hours ago, Nol said:

I hope motivation kicks back in for a wee session of yoga or barre, that's all i'm asking ^_^

Oh man, looks like we both had a bit of a day yesterday. Hope today was better? 

As Harriet put so nicely, I hope you have more Bock aujourd'hui (My best Frangledeutsch) ;) 

• Like 1

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Previous challenges: 01, 02

"Just sitting here on the corner of awesome and bombdiggity..." - unknown

On 9/22/2018 at 4:52 AM, Harriet said:

Oooh, glowy sailor. I feel energised by the glow. Yeah, I was super tired yesterday and today in the afternoon. I don't know if I'm catching a cold, or if it's just normal variation in energy. I tried taking naps, but they made me more tired. All my nerd fitness nerds gave me the Bock (translate: goat? desire?) to go for a walk this afternoon. It perked me up much more than the stupid nap. 

I hope you start feeling better and get some Bock as well. 

giphy.gif

Haha! Thank youuuu :D

These baby goats are so cute! aaaaaaah 8D

Makes me feel better instantly!

10 hours ago, Mera said:

Oh man, looks like we both had a bit of a day yesterday. Hope today was better? 

As Harriet put so nicely, I hope you have more Bock aujourd'hui (My best Frangledeutsch) ;) 

Hahaha! Vielen merci my dear!

Yesderday was a lot better, and today is even better! I hope Mezzo gets better!

7 hours ago, Exylem said:

I hope motivation appears! But, if not, remember you can do it! These challenges aren't easy, and sometimes we need to fight even if motivation is low. But you can do it! :)

Thank you so much!

I did some cleaning around the house and I feel a lot more motivated, it always makes me feel better.

We can do it! :D

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Week 1 summary.

tenor.gif?itemid=4709976

Happy Autumn Equinox everyone! I'm celebrating by eating lots and lots of grapes, how about you?

Food: 5.5/7

Stretching: 5/5

Exercise: 1/1

In the end, I decided to count my vegan meatball slip as a 0.5, but I also had a small bowl of granola yesterday, so that's -1.5 for me.

It's not great, but my other meals were so healthy that my gut feels really good already and that's the goal for this challenge!

I stretched everyday, I always feel so relaxed afterwards that I didn't need to coerce myself into it ^_^

Aaand finally did a beginner barre routine this morning, it was 33°c here so it was a hot workout! But after a shower, I felt so good! It was really hard though, just maintaining base positions was difficult. I really need to practice!

And now I'm dead. Good night guys, see you tomorrow for week 2!

tenor.gif?itemid=10916474

• Like 3

Current Challenge

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

Great job on your week and the barre class! Oh, that gif is making me want to yawn too. 

giphy.gif

Aaaaw! So adorable 8D  I've also been tired lately, so these gifs are really triggering! haha!

tumblr_oq3ykxTclb1rontjno1_400.gif

4 hours ago, Exylem said:

You are doing good! Keep it up :)

813S.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge

9 minutes ago, Exylem said:

(btw, i forgot to add that Parks and Recreation gifs are also awesome. Leslie is so funny on that one you used! :P)

giphy.gif

Yes! Leslie Knope is one of the best TV characters of all time!

giphy.gif

Though, as your gif shows, the whole cast is hilarious!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Week 2 - Update on day 3.

Food: 3/7

Stretching: 3/5

Workout: 0/1

Finally took the first step towards my life quest. I got to the local social security office 45 minutes before opening time, so I was "only" number 20 in line. It does mean that I got to see someone really quickly and only waited 1 hour in total, yay!

Sadly, but as expected, I needed an extra paper :/

I now need to get a certificate of residence, which requires visiting at least two other administrations. There's several options for me to obtain it, so right now I'm trying to figure out which option will be the least painful xD

As Lady Amezan might say, hwaiting!

tenor.gif?itemid=12155068

• Like 2

Current Challenge

On 9/27/2018 at 7:55 AM, Nol said:

Finally took the first step towards my life quest. I got to the local social security office 45 minutes before opening time, so I was "only" number 20 in line. It does mean that I got to see someone really quickly and only waited 1 hour in total, yay!

Sadly, but as expected, I needed an extra paper :/

I now need to get a certificate of residence, which requires visiting at least two other administrations. There's several options for me to obtain it, so right now I'm trying to figure out which option will be the least painful xD

As Lady Amezan might say, hwaiting!

Woo hoo, I got quoted! :)

Congrats on starting the bureaucratic quest. Every time I go to the immigration office here in Korea, I end up needing another piece of paper. It's not the worst process--we can make appointments online ahead of time--but it still always takes more time than I expect, and feels confusing as heck!

I have to send a work-related email this weekend that will take 20 seconds of courage, so I'm going to try to take inspiration from your skirmish with the social security office. 

Time to gather my magical weapons and do the tough stuff. I hope the next stage in your quest is successful!

252514168_yatoswords.gif.841914786e602a26865d7744d20ba1c8.gif

• Like 1

"Believe that a further shore is reachable from here." --Seamus Heaney

My character sheet

On 9/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, Harriet said:

Good job with the paperwork. Ugh, it's so tempting to put it off. But you started, which is the hardest part.

Thanks! It does feel a little easier now that I took the first step. We'll see what happens this week ^_^

6 hours ago, Lady Amezan said:

Woo hoo, I got quoted! :)

Congrats on starting the bureaucratic quest. Every time I go to the immigration office here in Korea, I end up needing another piece of paper. It's not the worst process--we can make appointments online ahead of time--but it still always takes more time than I expect, and feels confusing as heck!

I have to send a work-related email this weekend that will take 20 seconds of courage, so I'm going to try to take inspiration from your skirmish with the social security office. 

Time to gather my magical weapons and do the tough stuff. I hope the next stage in your quest is successful!

Yessss! We can overcome! haha!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Nol said:

Yessss! We can overcome! haha!

giphy.gif

Yep, that's that only way to treat paperwork – take your shirt off and slam it. Wear knee guards. The actual bureaucrats, on the other hand, just need to be spoken to in a firm voice with heroic persistence.  

• Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

On 9/29/2018 at 4:32 PM, Harriet said:

Yep, that's that only way to treat paperwork – take your shirt off and slam it. Wear knee guards. The actual bureaucrats, on the other hand, just need to be spoken to in a firm voice with heroic persistence.  

This made me laugh so much! Thank you :D

• Like 1

Current Challenge

So, it's time for WEEK 2 - SUMMARY!

awesome-anime-gif-6.gif

Food: 5/7

Exercises: 1/1

Stretching: 5/5

Life Quest: in progress

I stretched everyday and did my barre practice on Friday so the fitness part went well.

However, I did have granola as a snack friday and saturday evenings + my usual cheat meal, so that's not so great. Granola will be my demise!

I'm already getting symptoms, so let's do better for week 3!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

WEEK 3 - DAY 1

Food: 1/7

Exercise: 1/1

Stretching: 1/5

Today was great!

I did my barre practice and added in a few centre exercises that kicked my butt and got my shoulders burning! It felt so great that I might do another practice this week, who knows.

Food-wise, we had guests and I cooked for a legion as usual (does anyone else have this paranoia of making too little food for guests?), so we'll be eating risotto for a few days xD rice is way less triggering for my symptoms, so I'm letting this pass as long as I eat lots of veggies and fruits every day.

tumblr_mesxvmv6IG1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Let's see what happens bureaucracy-wise!

Have a good week everyone!

Current Challenge

Good job on last week! Yes, I tend to cook too much when people come over. Then again, you can't bake half a cake. Or can you?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bb2d9de4a35716d36

• Like 2

You're rocking this challenge!!

I'm also a huge feeder when I have friends over. I blame it on my mother. Never run out of food, and never run out of drinks either! Even though I don't drink anymore I'd still buy like 2 bottles of wine per person for a big dinner :D you never know... 

tumblr_lnrrtz4cQA1qd664go1_500.gif

• Like 1

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Previous challenges: 01, 02

"Just sitting here on the corner of awesome and bombdiggity..." - unknown