• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kat on the Run

Flipping my perspective on its head (or hands)

Hi guys, this is my first challenge in a while but I thought some accountability would be nice.  Trying to keep my goals simple, though my tendency is to want to do all of the things.

1. Handstand work - I've tried for this on and off for a while, then fell and tore two ligaments in my wrist earlier this year :o.  I'm fully healed now so it's time to get back to it.  Shooting for five minutes a day.  5 days a week is a B effort, 3 days a week is a C.

2.  Saving money -  I'm not the BEST at sticking to a budget.  I'm shooting for 5 no spend days a week.  I pack my lunch and drink workplace coffee most days, so it's making sure I do that and avoiding stupid purchases that I don't need, but somehow convince myself that I do.  Hopefully, I can keep planned purchases to 2 days a week.  4 days a week is a B, 2 days a week is a C.

3. Get up, meditate, journal, take the dog out - keeping to the theme of things that I keep trying to do, I'm working on getting up at 6 every day, doing my morning routine, and taking the doggie out before getting to work at a decent hour.

So that's it. Things I continually struggle with, trying to conquer them this challenge.  Here's to flipping upside down for a bit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kat on the Run said:

Trying to keep my goals simple, though my tendency is to want to do all of the things.

That's the hardest part!

19 minutes ago, Kat on the Run said:

2.  Saving money -  I'm not the BEST at sticking to a budget.  I'm shooting for 5 no spend days a week.  I pack my lunch and drink workplace coffee most days, so it's making sure I do that and avoiding stupid purchases that I don't need, but somehow convince myself that I do.  Hopefully, I can keep planned purchases to 2 days a week.  4 days a week is a B, 2 days a week is a C.

Oooh, that's smart.

Good luck! 

Well, darn.

Sunday night before the challenge started, we missed our flight and got back home at 2:45 a.m.  Which means I didn't prep my food for the week, or get to sleep at a normal time.  Which meant I slept in and still didn't have food so I bought lunch.  I think I got a C in handstands and no spend days, but pretty much an F on the morning routine side.

Today has already been better though, so this week is looking bright!

Although I'm feeling some pain in my left wrist after this morning's handstand practice...

Ack, sorry about the  late flight, and how that messes with the next week.

What are you doing right now for handstand practice? I'm just starting (after some failed attempts) and using NF's handstand program

On 9/26/2018 at 10:49 AM, Elastigirl said:

Ack, sorry about the  late flight, and how that messes with the next week.

What are you doing right now for handstand practice? I'm just starting (after some failed attempts) and using NF's handstand program

I'm doing the NF handstand program too, sort of.  I really went through it a while back and now I just spend about five minutes warming up, doing a few crow poses, then doing (still far) wall walks.

Week 2 was slightly more successful.  I'm giving myself a B for morning routine, because although I did it most days, I didn't get up early to do it so that gets deducted points.  B for handstand and B for saving money....average all around :P

• Like 2