• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian: Lean & Mean

HELLO TEAM

Kettlebell class this morning. In ten minutes I'm taking the eldest cat to the vet for checkup and vaccinations (don't tell him; he finally came out from under the sofa so I think I can nab him and stuff him in the carrier). When I get home, I'm picking up stuff for salad to go with pizza tonight, and I'm making veggie enchiladas tomorrow for dinner. Ms. Rogue has been working two weekends in a row so probably just a movie or some Xbox on my own this evening.

Workouts: 2/3

Healthy snacks: 5/5

Project work: 4/4

• Like 3

I made the African stew thingy and it was very tasty! :) I think it could work well with a bit of a kick to it, the flavour profile otherwise was very similar to the chickpea/butternut squash/tahini salad I sometimes make. Especially on the second day. But this recipe can happily go into my rotation. 

• Like 2

Hello, beloved nerds.

Still alive. Still not hitting the fitness goals to the extent I'd like. Next week should be better.

Have spent about four hours today working on presentation (next week, holy shit). 

Last night I made broccoli and tofu for dinner and for lunch leftovers; I'm about to stop writing to go to the store to get vegetables to roast for tonight's dinner. (Brussels sprouts, onion, potatoes, bell pepper, with rosemary and thyme and olive oil, very easy: cut into chunks and stick in the oven.)

May see @karinajean in a few weeks.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Still alive

This is a good thing.

17 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

(next week, holy shit). 

So soon! You'll do fantastic!

18 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Hello, beloved nerds.

Still alive. Still not hitting the fitness goals to the extent I'd like. Next week should be better.

Have spent about four hours today working on presentation (next week, holy shit). 

Last night I made broccoli and tofu for dinner and for lunch leftovers; I'm about to stop writing to go to the store to get vegetables to roast for tonight's dinner. (Brussels sprouts, onion, potatoes, bell pepper, with rosemary and thyme and olive oil, very easy: cut into chunks and stick in the oven.)

May see @karinajean in a few weeks.

YAY FOR LIVING. Ooh, I do love good roasted veggies. :) 

When's the presentation next week?

Roasted veggies were *very* good and easy to make; will do more next week.

Presentation is next Thursday. Once that's done I have about ten days to get my promotion file turned in (Nov 1).

Then I think I'm done with super stressful projects until next year? We'll see.

• Like 2

Hi, gang --

This is the first challenge in a long time that I really feel like I've just fallen by the wayside. I'm going easy on myself because it's my busiest time of the year even if I hadn't added extra stuff on myself like presentations, and even if I didn't have my promotion stuff due in a few weeks, but man, I feel like I'm being slack on the fitness stuff.

I'm getting one workout class per week in, and I'm trying to at least do something like take a walk when I can (just took one this afternoon). But I feel like I can *hear* myself losing muscle. 

Goals wrapup --

Workouts: not so much. Averaging 1/week this month. I'll go to kickboxing class tomorrow morning. It doesn't feel like enough. Next week I'll start ramping it back up.

Healthy snacks: did well. I brought a piece of fruit and/or a nonfat yogurt every regular workday during the challenge. Diet in general is pretty good. I ate reasonably healthy while away at a conference for a couple of days last week, and haven't been drinking too much at all on my occasional nights out. Making salad for dinner once a week or so.

Project work: Doing well. My slides are 99% ready for next week's presentation, and I've got time Mon-Wed to polish up the script before I have to deliver on Thursday. Then I'll be able to focus on the promotion for the remaining time. It's mostly ready. I've got one more project due before the end of the year, and a self-training thing on my annual goals. I'll have six weeks to get those done, which shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

Hang in there! It will calm down sooooooon. 

And don't worry, your muscles won't go anywhere. :) Your endurance might a little, but you'll get it back in no time. The most important thing is that you're still moving. :) 

• Like 2

Consider it like a nice deload month/recovery month for your body. :) It'll be ready to go again when you want it! And your food and work aspects weren't slacking in the slightest! 

• Like 1

Thank you, my dears -- this was even a lower-key challenge than I'd planned on, but at least I've done a good job keeping the weekend kickpunching going, and I think this coming week 0 I can start re-accelerating just a bit.

• Like 2

Well, now I'm pissed off because someone else dropped the ball at work and I've missed my window for a gym break. That's okay; can go after work tomorrow.

Thinking about what I want to work on for my next challenge now that I have a little breathing space. Getting back to regular scheduled workouts is a priority, and I enjoyed the progress I was making on pullups for a while. And it's perfect weather for backyard workouts again. Probably should give some thought to making meal prep a little more organized too.

• Like 2

Big news, everyone. Check out the goals in the signature.

take a karate class

Last night I took a karate class! It was fun.. I was very bad at it. I couldn't keep track of which foot to spin on during spinning kicks. (Instructor: "When we say 'spin,' we mean this way. When we say 'turn,' we mean the opposite way." Me: *look* Instructor: "Yeah, I know.") For one exercise, I was paired with a small teenage girl with a black belt. I kept thinking, "This child half my size could definitely kick my ass." She was very patient with me.

Once I literally kicked myself off my feet and fell on my ass.

It was fun and I'm going to try it as a regular thing for a while. .It feels really really good having/making the time to be active again after a few weeks of slipping out of the fitness routine.

I have to be home this morning for a repair to the phone lines, but I have meditated and I have my presentation notes to run through while I wait. No workout today, but I'm definitely feeling like I need to schedule some yoga or something light after a karate class. I'll get back to the work gym on Friday.

• Like 1

Fantastic!

29 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I did aikido for some time, it was a lot of fun! And that happened to me a lot too :D

30 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

For one exercise, I was paired with a small teenage girl with a black belt. I kept thinking, "This child half my size could definitely kick my ass." She was very patient with me.

I was in a small club where everybody was either black belt or nearly there (training in Japan and stuff). Sometimes it was hard! I remember being thrown around A LOT :lol: Which I actually did enjoy most of the time to be honest but my practice was getting more and more into assisted aerials rather than martial art maybe :D

You had a good challenge I think, you still managed to keep training despite a busy schedule, it's not so easy. Don't let the evil twin minimize your effort or lash out because "it's not enough". You kept at it which I think is a win, and more important than the volume.

• Thanks 1

Killing the assassin game!

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Love it! :D Glad you had a good time. 

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

"This child half my size could definitely kick my ass." She was very patient with me

I'm imagining this now

tenor.gif?itemid=7359400

• Like 1