• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Asa Pond

Asa Pond.... Does Her Best

Hi! I'm Asa Pond. I'm in my second year of law school and I'm trying. 

giphy.gif

(Basically me all the time right now.)

Anyway - It's been... awhile since I've stepped foot in the gym and that should probably change. 

So my one goal for this challenge (okay 2) is to get to the gym (or workout) at least 3 times per week and to survive the rest of it. 

all_about_survival.gif?fit=250,186&ssl=1

• Like 2

I got a workout done! I figured out that I needed to change my work hours around a bit to give me a break in the middle of the week since I have classes or work from 8am - 8pm almost every day. So I now have Monday mornings free which gave me a chance to do a workout and a yoga/meditation session which was fantastic. Then my mother took off with my keys this morning (on accident) which gave me an unintentional 2nd morning off and honestly I think it was good timing. I need to get my feet back under me because I feel like I've been off kilter all semester. 

I'm going to try to add 3 sessions of yoga a week and meditate every day. They aren't goals as much as things I'm going to try to do. I don't want to hold myself to anything too strongly just yet.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

I'm going to try to add 3 sessions of yoga a week and meditate every day. They aren't goals as much as things I'm going to try to do. I don't want to hold myself to anything too strongly just yet.

These are good things to try to do! 

8am - 8pm is a LOT!

• Like 2

Well - I've gotten one entire workout in so far this challenge. 

I did go visit an apple orchard and walk around for a few hours so at least I wasn't sitting all weekend. 

I planned and scheduled a workout at the gym tonight but I forgot my clothes so... workout at home I guess? That's going to be a tough one because it'll be so. easy. to just watch tv. Wish me luck, fam.

Just now, Asa Pond said:

I did go visit an apple orchard and walk around for a few hours so at least I wasn't sitting all weekend. 

Lovely!

Good luuuuuuck!!! You got this!

6 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

Well - I've gotten one entire workout in so far this challenge. 

Me too!

I planned and scheduled a workout at the gym tonight but I forgot my clothes so... workout at home I guess?

Hey, you could ... I mean -- look, *I* can't be the one to suggest plan B

That's going to be a tough one because it'll be so. easy. to just watch tv. Wish me luck, fam.

YOU CAN DO IT

Oh hey. So I ended up getting really sick and not getting that workout it but Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Basically just stopping in to say hello because there's nothing new going on. I survived another v stressful week which is always good. Tonight I'm hoping to make it to the gym and then play my new Assassins Creed: Pirates game. 

This weekend will include:

1) At least one workout.

2) Finishing my room (people, it's soooo close. We've been on this long journey together and I can't wait for it to be complete. Although I did have some really cute plants in it and they all died - so I'm rethinking my decorating plan.)

3) Cleaning the house.

4) Decorating the house for fall!

5) All the homework.

Aren't weekends supposed to be relaxing?

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 11:47 AM, Asa Pond said:

play my new Assassins Creed: Pirates game

YOU'RE PLAYING BLACK FLAG THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST ONES

Sorry, got a little excited there. That is one of my favorite games. Edward Kenway is the most fun. You'll be humming sea shanties for weeks. 

51e642ab5555180324e337e66eec7ecb.jpg

I'm sorry you've been sick! It sounds like you're doing a lot better if you have such an ambitious weekend plan. ALSO GET SOME SLEEP

• Like 1

Ok - here's an issue with the human body =>

Don't work out = less healthy immune system

Less healthy immune system = getting sick

Getting sick = less workouts

Less workouts = less healthy immune system

Etc. Etc. Etc.

AKA: Sick again. I think I'm giving up on ever getting to the gym this year. 

Oh no!!! :( 

Perhaps your life right now is a little too busy and stressful for heavy workouts and ambitious goals, but gentle movement is always a good thing.  Take care of yourself. :) 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Perhaps your life right now is a little too busy and stressful for heavy workouts and ambitious goals, but gentle movement is always a good thing.  Take care of yourself. :) 

I was just thinking this exact thing. I'm such a ball of exhaustion and stress right now that any workouts would probably end badly anyway. Time to focus on being gentle and nice to my body.

(It's just so hard to not want to and to not feel guilty.)

I was going to say the stress response is the one with the BIG HIT to the immune system. Try to give yourself more rest and space if you can. <3 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 1:17 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

YOU'RE PLAYING BLACK FLAG THAT'S ONE OF THE BEST ONES

I started it last Friday and it took a bit to warm up to but I love it now! So fun (and a lot less repetitive than the first one).

On 10/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, raptron said:

I was going to say the stress response is the one with the BIG HIT to the immune system. Try to give yourself more rest and space if you can. <3 

This is true. I was thinking about not doing a challenge next round - but I think I'm going to do a self-care type one. Yoga / Meditation / Healthy eating etc. It seems like a good time for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

This is true. I was thinking about not doing a challenge next round - but I think I'm going to do a self-care type one. Yoga / Meditation / Healthy eating etc. It seems like a good time for it.

Sounds perfect!

On 10/8/2018 at 2:58 PM, Asa Pond said:

Taking care of ones self is very important! do a light and easy challenge :adjoint:

• Like 1