Burn fat while feeding muscle (or how to fix skinnyfat people).

Hello community, I'll properly introduce myself in the appropriate section, but first I'd like to leave you with a question which is plaguing my daily routine.

Well, I do want an another perspective from maybe someone with a similar situation, and how to overcome it.

First, some context:

As an endomorph I get fat really fast, I need to be constantly working out, or I will get fat. I do know that. I also know that by barely lifting a dumbell off the ground, I get massive muscle gains. That's probably the only advantage of my body type, and why I went into sports that took advantage of that, like rugby or boxing in the past.

I'm also a Doctor, so as far as human physiology goes, I do know the hows and why's. But I also know that I don't know everything, specially when treating myself, as your perspective gets distorted and do things you wouldn't do with a patient in the name of science.

I started this year with an accident that left me bedridden for a month. During that month and the days afterwards, I lost all muscle mass, and my only activities were to eat and play my backlog of videogames, so I went from normal to almost morbidly obese. And when I tried to lose weight in the way I've always done it, by creating muscle, I was so weak It wasn't effective.

So, using my evil Doctor mind, I did something I recommend none of you do. With enough self inflicted psycho/hypnotherapy and a cocktail of drugs, I reverse engineered anorexia. That's right. The human mind is a powerful tool. And I spent from May to this day eating between 0 and 300 calories a day, and doing 2 hours of daily jogging. (No, I won't share specifics. You shouldn't do it. I only did it to prove it could be done, and will publish it as a case study). Needless to say, I'm back to a normal weight, or maybe the lowest I've been in my life, without any need for food. In fact, eating anything more than a protein shake, triggers my gag reflex.

Now I'm in a position I've never been. I have no need for food, and if you look at me, you'd say I'm skinny. But my body fat index doesn't lie. I'm in the high end of overweight. And since my muscle mass hasn't recovered since I'm not feeding it, I can do a routine with low weights, but see no progress at all. I became skinnyfat.

I do know the solution is to simply fix my self inflicted mental condition, get into an hyperproteic diet, and lift my way back to normal. But I'm worried some of that food will go to fat instead of muscle, especially in the first stages where I won't be seeing much gains. So I'd probably stick with some cardio on the side. But never being in this position before, so I'd like tips from some people who are naturally of that body type and how they overcome it.

Any routine, fix, tip, tidbit, link, diet or exercise is welcome. Thank you very much in advance. 

I would gently reintroduce normal eating patterns, focusing on whole foods. Gently meaning see how your body reacts on 2-week time scales. You are so far out of having a normal metabolic feedback loop at this point that all you can do is go slowly and hope for the best. Bend your macros toward fat and protein, but don't expect anything to happen fast.

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax starts 8 weeks of stronglifts

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)
When in doubt, pick up heavy things.