• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Mindful of my Mind full

How am I so late to this? But congrats on the new job! Sorry about your hand issues but with the diagnosis you can make adjustments for improvement, right?

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 8:06 AM, deftona said:

How am I so late to this? But congrats on the new job! Sorry about your hand issues but with the diagnosis you can make adjustments for improvement, right?

Hullo! You arrived exactly on time. It’s nice to have you along the journey. 

I can definitely improve with some adjustments. My hands. Well, all of it, really.   :) 

I’m so tired today! It was my first day as youth services clerk, and I knew I shoud’ve trusted my instincts on that one. No the job will be quite fun, and Imam looking forward to planning some amazing programs, BUT, my boss is completely unprepared for a new person to start.  But, it’s not a surprise, so we’ll soldier on. It is a vast improvement from clerking. I’m going to like this a lot. 

I made a promise to myself not to buy junkfood anymore unless its on mom’s grocery list. But no more trips to the store for snacks. At first it was a rule. “No more junk food runs”  and I’d break the rule, but oh THIS time, I’ll be really good and stick to it. For half a day. 

Then a few days went by, and I thought “i’m okay, arent I?I can do this.” And then today, I was so tired and stressed I was thinking of going, and I recognized this thought “no, I promised myself not to do that to me anymore.” A promise. To me. Not to do that to me. This acknowledgment that I am hurting myself and the promise to stop. Promises seem More important and valuable than rules.  Its fun to break rules, and hurtful to break a promise. 

That’s my quite lengthy thought process on that. 

• Like 2

I slept for a really long time after work today. I was so tired I almost wept after coming home. Storytimes are delightful, but there just isnt any recognizeable system of organization and planning here, and I find myself Feeling frustrated beyond measure. 

Not my best day, and I cant help but wonder if this hasnt been a terrible mistake. It will continue to be better. 

I'm sorry about your hand :(

About new hobbies: how about dancing ;):D And biking, watching movies, reading, learning a new language, learning how to sing.... That's all I've got for now :)

On 10/10/2018 at 1:08 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Also, is this REALLY the last week of this challenge? I semse  sense a giant gap in mindfulness if THAT slipped by me, 

No, really?! You're not the only one who forgot...

9 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I was so tired I almost wept after coming home.

I know that feeling :( I hope you got tons of sleep. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Then a few days went by, and I thought “i’m okay, arent I?I can do this.” And then today, I was so tired and stressed I was thinking of going, and I recognized this thought “no, I promised myself not to do that to me anymore.” A promise. To me. Not to do that to me. This acknowledgment that I am hurting myself and the promise to stop. Promises seem More important and valuable than rules.  Its fun to break rules, and hurtful to break a promise. 

I love this! 

17 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I slept for a really long time after work today. I was so tired I almost wept after coming home. Storytimes are delightful, but there just isnt any recognizeable system of organization and planning here, and I find myself Feeling frustrated beyond measure. 

Not my best day, and I cant help but wonder if this hasnt been a terrible mistake. It will continue to be better. 

Maybe this is an opportunity for you to help with the organization and planning?   

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:28 AM, Terah said:

I'm sorry about your hand :(

About new hobbies: how about dancing ;):D And biking, watching movies, reading, learning a new language, learning how to sing.... That's all I've got for now :)

No, really?! You're not the only one who forgot...

I know that feeling :( I hope you got tons of sleep. 

You know, I've always been meaning to learn a new language. What a great time to start!

Thanks for the positivity and support

22 hours ago, Shello said:

I love this! 

Maybe this is an opportunity for you to help with the organization and planning?   

Thanks Shello. You know, I think it is a good opportunity to help out with the admin part of it. I told her I didn't want to mess up her system, and she confided that there was no system, and that I could create my own, thank you.

yessssssssssss :)

• Like 2

I have reached the end of therapy. I felt so lost and distressed, but then just talking it out, I realized some important themes in my life to change, and I really just needed a mental tune-up to help cope after two deaths of loved ones this year. 

mindfulness isn't a habit yet, so I'm going to continue to keep it as a daily goal. Now that the weather has finally cooled off, I'm going to walk more for exercise and pay a little more attention to my diet. Having arthritis in my thumb has brought to attention that I can get arthritis anywhere, and I want to lose weight and love my joints. :)  having that diagnosis, I am aware of a dull ache in my thumb that I conveniently ignored before. HOW VEXING. I need to take better care of myself. I'm in the middle of life, and I don't want to spend the second half of it in pain. Blarg!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Having arthritis in my thumb has brought to attention that I can get arthritis anywhere

My dad has this and needs to take a lot of medication for it, with the necessary side effects :(

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I need to take better care of myself. 

Please do, you're more than worth it <4 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terah said:

My dad has this and needs to take a lot of medication for it, with the necessary side effects :(

Please do, you're more than worth it <4 

This made me cry but in a good way. Thanks, friend 

• Like 1

It is the end of the challenge! Well, it’s been the end of the challenge, but its the official end of this one. 

I caught my boss’s cold, or rather it caught me. Its not so bad, except I cant breathe, am super snotty, and exhausted all the time. Not bad at all. Lots of tea and soup. I need to be better for storytime!

this was not a perfect challenge. The journey towards mindfulness will continue with a few more specific goals. But not today. Today I am back to bed, and I will see you before the challenge officially begins. Good night

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 4:04 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Its not so bad, except I cant breathe

I don't know... breathing seems pretty important.  Rest up, friend!  

Related image