• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Severine

Severine Wins Without Fighting

17 minutes ago, Severine said:

weet disco ball animation when you reach 10K steps

I thought the fireworks on the Charge2 were cool, but now I realize how much I am missing. I want a disco ball animation too:smile-new:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Severine said:

This morning I went walking and apple picking with my awesome friend K and his girlfriend

Sounds like a wonderful start to the day! We need more of those days, eh?

The disco ball was a fun twist :)  Next time you should do some disco moves when you see it! :P 

8 hours ago, Severine said:

Basically instead of being so angry, I just hope he is able to get help and figure stuff out.

:wub: Again, showing just how big your heart is! Way to go!

• Like 2

Ugggggh I think I might be starting to get sick. D picked up some kind of cold on his business trip to Texas, and I think he infected me because this afternoon I started feeling the beginnings of a sore throat.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bc51127533346796b

• Like 1

Over 11K steps today, woot. I've gotten into a nice routine where I vary the length of my evening walk based on how many steps I've taken earlier in the day, and that seems to work out pretty well.

Food today started off meh because I skipped breakfast, but then I had a nice tuna sandwich from the local Italian deli (they mix the tuna with olive oil instead of mayo, much tastier the Italian way IMO) and for dinner had some leftover chicken and roast veggies that L batch cooked on the weekend, so it ended up all right. Still ate more chocolate than I would have liked (at my desk while working, always a bad move and I know better, but...) but didn't go crazy with it, so not worth dwelling on. 

I gargled with salt water to try to fend off the start of the sore throat, and as soon as I finish this post I'm going to bed. Hopefully I'll wake up feeling better, or at least the same and not worse.

And now just because, enjoy some advice form a Latin proverb LOLcat...one of my nerdy amusements. I have to justify my undergrad degree somehow, no?

nihilgaudet.jpg

(One who dares nothing, enjoys nothing)

• Like 2

I just trawled through your log and want say thanks for being so candid about your experiences (though I hate that you're having to go through with this in the first place) 

7 hours ago, Severine said:

And now just because, enjoy some advice form a Latin proverb LOLcat...one of my nerdy amusements. I have to justify my undergrad degree somehow, no?

nihilgaudet.jpg

(One who dares nothing, enjoys nothing)

100% worth years of impoverishment followed by decades of debt. Because kittens!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Severine said:

Ugggggh I think I might be starting to get sick. D picked up some kind of cold on his business trip to Texas, and I think he infected me because this afternoon I started feeling the beginnings of a sore throat.

I've been feeling the throat too :( For me it's usually a sign I haven't been sleeping enough. So whenever I feel it start coming on, I try to make an effort to sleep a little more. That usually helps!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Severine said:

but didn't go crazy with it

That's great! No? I think that sounds like a small victory!

9 hours ago, Severine said:

One who dares nothing, enjoys nothing

Love this! So true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

I just trawled through your log and want say thanks for being so candid about your experiences (though I hate that you're having to go through with this in the first place) 

I didn't use to be forthcoming about difficulties at all - I never wanted to show weakness or admit faults or ask for support or anything like that. It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I began to realize the damage we can do to ourselves that way. And it wasn't until maybe a year ago that I began to translate that realization into an attempt to change my ways. So the attempts here to be candid and open are actually quite selfish - I am doing it because I am trying to become a healthier, more balanced, more successful person. 

And I think being honest about challenges does help. Not telling everyone you meet, of course, but being honest with yourself and trusted friends and family. Obviously I don't want to go from one extreme to the other - I don't want to talk constantly about challenges or become helpless. But I'm starting to see that when you're prepared to admit your flaws and challenges, you can redirect the energy you were using to try to appear strong and infallible into actually accomplishing things. What a novel idea!  :D 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

100% worth years of impoverishment followed by decades of debt. Because kittens!

pecuniaeimperareoportetnonservire.jpg

(It's necessary to master money, not serve it)

There's a Latin lolcat for every situation  :D 

8 hours ago, Arkania said:

Crossing fingers you get not sick!

Otherwise: Get well soon :)

32 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

I've been feeling the throat too :( For me it's usually a sign I haven't been sleeping enough. So whenever I feel it start coming on, I try to make an effort to sleep a little more. That usually helps!

Throat was worse this morning but I'm battling it with homemade tomato soup, throat soothing tea, and occasional gargling with salt water. And thankfully I am still feeling well enough to work and do stuff, so not a big deal yet. Cheering for my body to battle it off before it develops into more symptoms.

I think you're right about the importance of sleep, Tobbe, and actually I slept terribly last night and I think that's part of why I feel worse today. Sadly I sleep with a very heavy snorer and I often find it impossible to fall asleep (or stay asleep) as a result. About 3 a.m. I gave up and went and slept on the couch, and then managed to get a couple hours, but it wasn't deep quality sleep.

Anyone have any magic recommendations to stop snoring? We've tried a few things and nothing seems to work reliably.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Severine said:

So the attempts here to be candid and open are actually quite selfish - I am doing it because I am trying to become a healthier, more balanced, more successful person

Oh I don’t care if it’s for selfish reasons, I’ve concluded the same thing and shamelessly use these forums for this purpose. ;) But I still appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, Severine said:

There's a Latin lolcat for every situation  :D 

:D 

Hope you feel better soon!

30 minutes ago, Severine said:

Sadly I sleep with a very heavy snorer and I often find it impossible to fall asleep (or stay asleep) as a result. About 3 a.m. I gave up and went and slept on the couch, and then managed to get a couple hours, but it wasn't deep quality sleep.

Anyone have any magic recommendations to stop snoring? We've tried a few things and nothing seems to work reliably.

It's not unheard of to use earplugs... I don't know if I could do it or not, but if I was desperate enough I'd definitely try it!

On 10/14/2018 at 2:12 AM, Severine said:

Edited to add: I remembered that @TimovieMan asked for a report about how I like the Charge 3. It's now a few days after this initial assessment and I still love it!

Good to hear, thanks. I've wishlisted it for Christmas. :)