Eating is hard

I have Crohn's/IBS which is aggravated by that which is golden and melty and good.

Cheese. 

Milk, actually. I'm lactose intolerant and it's so hard. I love cheese melted on nachos, cheeseburgers, mac and cheese.

I've had to replace it with Almond Milk which is fine but I've also had to live with not eating quite a huge chunk of foods that make up a huge portion of what I CAN eat (as a kid, vegetables made me vomit, so sadly I cringe really hard against them but I'm getting better!)

But today, I ordered through Door Dash with the specifics NO CHEESE!! and no bun as I'm following Paleo right now.

Guess what I got. Cheese.

Don't worry, I'll just be horrendously ill Sunday, it's fine, it's fine.

Anyway, the thing is, everyone says 'oh just return it' or 'just eat it' but I can't just do that. It's not a diet thing, I literally will be sick for hours a few days later, then NOTHING. I'm not hungry, not anything, for a while and it's not fair you know? I just.

This is turning into a rant and I didn't mean to do that. 

Anyway, I ate the bun-less burger, which point given and point taketh away.

On the upside, I had a banana, almond smoothie WITH KALE yesterday! And it didn't taste bad at all! I got it from Smoothie King, and I've gotta be honest, I'm the pickiest eater in the world so for me to be able to branch out is a huge step already!

I just pray to the gods above that my stomach just says 'whatever' and lets it pass. Please. Just once.

Glad you liked the smoothie. I feel you on this, I'm lactose intolerant too. And there really isn't a good replacement for gooey melted cheese. Do you have a Panerra Bread near you? They have a dairy less smoothie. MOD pizza has fake cheese that they will put on the pizza. It's not as good as real cheese, but it's decent (not Paleo though- it's more of a treat food) 

I get why you can't eat it, but why not just return it? If you ordered it without cheese, and you got cheese, , than you need to ask for what you ordered. I have learned the hard way that if I am getting carry out, I need to check my food before I leave the restaurant

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Oh I loved my smoothie~! I drank it all day and felt good!

There isn't but my friend showed me melted cheese made of almonds and. I need to know more lol . Panerra Bread does? Niiiice, I need to pop in there some time.

I do all the time, but sometimes I'm in a rush, and one time I got chicken nuggets and came home with a chocolate chip cookie...which was the world's way of telling me I didn't need them I guess. But today I ordered through the Door Dash app, and I give permission for them to check, which the driver didn't as it was in a box since bunless, and it was right on top. I'm still a bit rankled by it.

But I'm just so tired of fighting you know? It's frustrating having to tell someone over and over something. But I couldn't return it today or I would have. Sadly I forgot my card at home so I couldn't even buy an alternate at the vending machine, and they had a going away party but with tacos and I'm...still trying to force myself to eat new things.

I had an ice cream two weeks ago. It was so good going down. So. Good. I regret everything. 

29 minutes ago, Cherry said:

Oh I loved my smoothie~! I drank it all day and felt good!

There isn't but my friend showed me melted cheese made of almonds and. I need to know more lol . Panerra Bread does? Niiiice, I need to pop in there some time.

I do all the time, but sometimes I'm in a rush, and one time I got chicken nuggets and came home with a chocolate chip cookie...which was the world's way of telling me I didn't need them I guess. But today I ordered through the Door Dash app, and I give permission for them to check, which the driver didn't as it was in a box since bunless, and it was right on top. I'm still a bit rankled by it.

But I'm just so tired of fighting you know? It's frustrating having to tell someone over and over something. But I couldn't return it today or I would have. Sadly I forgot my card at home so I couldn't even buy an alternate at the vending machine, and they had a going away party but with tacos and I'm...still trying to force myself to eat new things.

I had an ice cream two weeks ago. It was so good going down. So. Good. I regret everything. 

Oh yeah, I get sik of fighting too. SOmetimes I'd rather just not eat out. And then I figured out I couldn't eat gluten either. We have gift certificates to eat out tonight at a really cool restaurant, which I'm part excited about and part dreading, because it just gets so complicated. 

On the bright side, I now know what is bothering my stomach, and so I can live a much happier life, so I guess it's a trade off.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ah, very true, because now instead of 'wtf did I eat???" now it's 'oh well, that thing is a no go, bro'

Except now my family likes to ask "What CAN you eat???" like milk is the be all end all thing. I can eat other things! Shock and awe! Ugh. Every time someone says something like that, I just say "Well next time I throw up I'll just call you" and they laugh nervously.

I just. I don't know, I guess I get a temper when people get all mocking about it ugh.

Ah, that's so cool!! Yeah, trying to figure out what you can eat, what the restaurant is willing to work with (I went to get a smoothie from a closer place and they told me they only put coconut milk in one certain one but the others have yogurt (I can't handle yogurt either) and they couldn't substitute it which sucked), but I hope you have a good time! All I ever get is McDonald's or a buffet around here lol :D

• Like 1