TimovieMan on the Road to AwesomeDad™

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

The new Twin peaks is..... special :D

So was the original series. :D

Or basically anything Lynch has made, apart from The Elephant Man, Dune and The Straight Story. And given the source material, I'm not even sure we can count Dune. :P

• Like 1

Active challenges: Work. Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat. | Walk to Mordor and Back Again | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP

2021 threads: Respawn | Challenge V

2018-19 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV

Logging my food for a few weeks has shown me something interesting: I have basically been fasting intermettently on a 16/8 (or even 17/7) schedule for 9 days out of the last 10.

I hardly ever eat breakfast (except in the weekend together with the wife and kids, and on vacation), but the lack of morning and late-night snacking now meant I had all my meals between 12:30 pm and 8 pm.

Coupled with some other ideas I've had over the course of this challenge, I've already got a clear outline of what I'm going to do for my next challenge. B)

As for this week's challenge, I'm at 2.5 workouts in 4 days, at just over 6 hours of sleep (despite two short nights on Monday and Tuesday), and in compliance with the other goals, so well on my way to get a pass across the board!

• Like 1

Active challenges: Work. Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat. | Walk to Mordor and Back Again | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP

Since I'm practically fasting intermittently anyway,  I tried something different today. While I was cooking lunch, I had a little bit of time so I tried doing a few minutes of rope skipping and a minute of burpees. Not much, but enough to get my heart racing.

Since I rarely (well, actually almost never) have a chance to do anything while in a fasted state, this was a good opportunity to try *something*. Even if it was too little to be effective, it's the thought that counts. :P

22 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Great multi- tasking

Well, I was idling anyway while the potatoes were boiling and the chicken was frying, so why not do some exercising?

Jump rope for a while, flip the chicken in the pan, continue jumping rope, turn the stove off, do some burpees, drain the potatoes and dish up. :P

I'll have the opportunity to try something similar again tomorrow. :D

Don't tell the missus I can multi-task. I'd have to do it more often... :angel:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Turns out I didn't have an opportunity to try something similar today because I had breakfast. Sorta.

Well, let's just say my kids had half a donut left over and I ate it.

My point is, it was useless to try some exercising before lunch because I wasn't in a fasted state.

But I did the Bodyweight 3C workout this evening. I did 10 jumping squats each set instead of 6 because I can (I've always had strong thighs), I was reminded once again how much I hate wall slides :P, and the leg lower downs were brutal, mainly because every time I'd get my legs back in the starting upright position, I could feel my pelvis rotating which was actually unpleasant.

Lacking a pull-up bar, I tried the dead hang from a door (wedging it in place, putting a towel on top for grip and hanging on). Unfortunately after my first set of 30 seconds, my hands were hurting from grabbing a square edge (instead of a round bar), and I couldn't do more than 3-4 attempts of 5 seconds for the second set.

Not wanting to be outdone by an exercise, I looked up the muscle groups that are most affected by a dead hang, and broke out the 10 kg dumbbells for 15 reps of side raises, 15 reps of wrist curls and 15 reps of hammer curls.

And then I had just about enough energy left to sit down on the couch and write this post. In fact, I can feel the workout in my forearms so much that it was hard to control my pinky finger on the keyboard. That'll be a case of DOMS tomorrow and the day after that...

But at least this workout means I've completed the fourth week of the challenge with a pass across the board. Details tomorrow, for now I'm off to bed....

giphy.gif

• Like 3

So, the challenge is over.

Let's go over the fourth week:

4 workouts: I completed 3 bodyweight workouts (1 followed by my full dumbbell routine and 1 followed by part of my dumbbell routine), a yoga session, and a couple of really small (and one slightly less small) rope jumping sessions, so I'm counting that as a 4.5 workouts.

Soda consumption: one single can on Saturday evening, because I really wanted to treat myself to one.

Coffee: I didn't drink any coffee all week! W00t!

Sleep more than 6 hours: the week started with a night of 4 hours 35 minutes, followed by a night of 5 hours 40 minutes. After that I managed 7 hours, 6 hours 40, 6 hours 30, 6 hours 40 and 6 hours 15.
That averages to over 6 hours 11 minutes. I call that a pass.

All green this week, just like in the second week.
Basically, the weeks were like the old Star Trek movies: the even ones were great, but the odd ones not so much... :D

Full challenge overview:

Workouts: 3 + 4 + 2 + 4.5 = 13.5 workouts (out of 16+ envisioned)
Technically a fail, but I'm quite happy with a compliance rate of over 80%, so win!

Soda consumption: 4 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 12 (out of 12 max)
I used to drink 12 cans per week, so 12 in 4 weeks is definitely a win!

Coffee: no sugar whatsoever, and only a single cup consumed after 6 pm (but that was very early in the challenge, before I realized I had the option of tea, and before I manned up and started ordering water at a bar). The no sugar thing is permanent, so win!

Sleep: 5 hours 45 minutes on average for the first two weeks resulted in *barely* passing the first week and passing with an hour to spare on the second one. 6 hours for the last two weeks resulted in *barely* passing the third week and passing in the fourth week, so win!

Overall goal:

Lose weight: I've lost almost 7 kgs (15 pounds) since starting, and 4.5 kgs (10 pounds) during these 4 weeks, so win!

Become fitter: I still tire really quickly when doing anything that requires more endurance than strength, but I could only do 6 burpees when I started out, and last week I managed 15 consecutive burpees, so I'm calling this a win as well!

Maybe not 100% for the entire challenge, but meh.
 giphy.gif

• Like 3

• TimovieMan changed the title to TimovieMan on the road to AwesomeDad™
  • TimovieMan changed the title to TimovieMan on the Road to AwesomeDad™