TimovieMan's Daily Struggles on the Road

Friday, November 9th

Sleep:
Bed time: 1:00
Time slept: 5 hours 25 minutes

I got in bed far too late, especially since I had to get up earlier. Not good.

Food:
Breakfast: 3 croissants
Lunch: skipped
Dinner: a plate of pork tenderloin, a mix of carrots, parsnip and asparagus and a sesame cracker
In-between meals and snacks: 2 bowls of pumpkin soup1

(1) This was technically what I had for lunch, but soup can't really be called a meal imo, so I'm not counting it as one. :angel: 

Intermittent fasting:
Fasted for 13 hours and 45 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 2.4 liters
Other drinks: 3 cups of coffee

Activity:
None2

(2) I intended to do a workout, but I was doing some more research into activity trackers after the missus was complaining about the cost of a Fitbit Charge 3, and then Dangerous Liaisons came on on TV, which (*gasp*) I'd never seen, and I watched that instead.

That also resulted in me not posting this log and getting in bed too late again for the third day in a row... :(

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Weekly weigh-in:

Weight: 102.6 kg (-3.1 kg)

Body fat: 27.5% (=)

Visceral fat: 13% (=)

DAMAGE UNDONE!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

Saturday, November 10th

Sleep:
Bed time: 1:55
Time slept: 6 hours

Food:
Breakfast: skipped
Lunch: 2 hard sausages and a plate of stir-fried chicken, linguine, soybean sprouts, carrot, leek, onion and courgette
Dinner: a bowl of soup, two plates of fries, pork tenderloin and a salad, and a scoop of ice cream1
In-between meals and snacks: a tiny piece of cake and a few Nic-Nac cookies2

(1) Dinner with friends always means far too much food, but at least this time there were no pre-meal crisps and assorted snacks, and I kept all portions relatively under control.

It's a coincidence they made pork tenderloin, which was exactly what we had yesterday as well. :) 

(2) We went to see a Saint Nicholas parade for the kids, but due to the rainy weather, we very much needed something to get us warmed up afterwards, so we went for a coffee (and hot chocolate for the kids). The cake and cookies came with it. The kids had already gotten candy and cookies at the parade, so I wasn't going to give these up. :P

Intermittent fasting:
Fasted for 17 hours and 45 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 2.5 liters
Other drinks: 4 cups of coffee, 2 rum-and-cokes3

(3) Our friends made them with less alcohol than I would have, and with Coke Zero, so I'm not counting them towards my soda goal. I would have with regular Coke.

Activity:
None4

(4) I know, I know, never miss two in a row...

giphy.gif

Sunday, November 11th

Sleep:
Bed time: 3:55
Time slept: 5 hours 35 minutes

Food:
Lunch: 2 slices of white bread with filet américain
Dinner: a plate of rice, chicken gyros and raw vegetables (lettuce, carrot, bell pepper)
In-between meals and snacks: a piece of apple pie, a slice of cake, muffins, biscuits and chocolates1

(1) We had a friend over in the afternoon and for dinner, which meant lots of coffee and pastries, bordering on a binge.

Intermittent fasting:
Fasted for 16 hours and 15 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 1.6 liters
Other drinks: 4 cups of coffee

Activity:
Bodyweight Level 3B + pull up bar exercises (incl. warm up and stretching)2

(2) I'm scrapping the dumbbell exercises for a while in favour of grip strength exercises now that I have a pull up bar. For now this meant bar hangs with neutral, overhand and underhand grip, and an attempt at fingertip (knee) push ups.

• Like 1

Monday, November 12th

Sleep:
Time slept: 5 hours 55 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of tomato-pumpkin soup and 2 slices of white bread with chicken cervelat and ketchup, and an additional chicken cervelat
Dinner: a plate of stir-fried chicken, linguini, soybean sprouts, carrot, leek, onion, courgette1
In-between meals and snacks: a mandarin

(1) Leftovers from Saturday

Intermittent fasting:
Fasted for 18 hours and 15 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 3.2 liters
Other drinks: none

Activity:
Yoga Water Series A + burpee AMRAP

Tuesday, November 13th

Sleep:
Bed time: 0:15
Time slept: 7 hours 10 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of celery-carrot soup and 2 slices of white bread with "filet de saxe"
Dinner: 2 slices of white bread with garlic sausage and ketchup, and an additional garlic sausage, a bowl of pumpkin soup and a bowl of raw vegetables1
In-between meals and snacks: a mandarin

(1) A larger meal than planned, the garlic sausages were originally intended for tomorrow at lunch, but an organisational SNAFU made me change my plans. The meal was spread over 2 hours (bread and sausage, then putting the kids in the shower, then a bowl of soup, then putting the kids in bed, then the leftover raw vegetables from Sunday evening), and I'm planning to skip lunch tomorrow to compensate.

Intermittent fasting:
Fasted for 18 hours.

Drinks:
Water: 3.2 liters

Activity:
None2

(2) DOMS from Sunday are preventing a workout, and I'm getting to bed sooner anyway because I've been tired these past two days. Sleep > exercise.

Wednesday, November 14th

Sleep:
Bed time: 0:00
Time slept: 6 hours 55 minutes

Food:
Dinner: a bowl of pumkin soup (with added cheese) and a plate of bread-crumbed cod, leek in cream and stir-fried courgette wisps
In-between meals and snacks: an apple

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 19 hours 35 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 3.7 liters

Activity:
25 minutes of walking

Bodyweight Level 3C (incl. warm up and stretching)

Thursday, November 15th

Sleep:
Time slept: 5 hours 50 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of paprika soup and 1/2 brown baguette "tonijntino" (tuna salad, anchovies, onion, mustard, Tabasco, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, carrot, egg)
Dinner: 3 slices of brown bread and 4 eggs sunny side up (with a bit of added cheese)
In-between meals and snacks: a handful of Nic-Nac cookies

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 17 hours 30 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 3.6 liters

Activity:
Biking to work (23 km)

Archery practice (48 arrows)

• Like 1

Friday, November 16th

Sleep:
Bed time: 0:00
Time slept: 6 hours 45 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a banana and 3 hard-boiled eggs
Dinner: a plate of chicken Tandoori with rice and bell peppers, a couple of cubes of cheese and a few cherry tomatoes
In-between meals and snacks: a handful of "sugar beans"1 and a couple of cookies

(1) A colleague of mine became a father recently. It's tradition here to treat people with "sugar beans" then. Think of an oversized M&M with a thicker, harder sugar shell.

munt.jpg

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 17 hours 40 minutes.

Drinks:

Activity:
Biking to work (23 km)

25 minutes of walking

Weekly weigh-in:

Weight: 100.6 kg (-2)

Body fat: 27.4% (-0.1)

Visceral fat: 12% (-1)

Almost in double digits!!!

giphy.gif

Saturday, November 17th

Sleep:
Bed time: 1:10
Time slept: 6 hours 30 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a plate of macaroni with ham and cheese
Dinner: 2 bowls of tomato soup (with added cheese), 4 small slices of brown bread with filet américain
In-between meals and snacks: 2 hard sausages, a handful of "sugar beans", a handful of crisps and a small Snickers bar

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 14 hours 20 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 2.3 liters
Other drinks: 1 cup of coffee

Activity:

Gym class "parent-and-child"
Bodyweight Level 3A + grip strength exercises (incl. warm up and stretching)

Sunday, November 18th

Sleep:
Bed time: 2:20
Time slept: 7 hours 30 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a plate of Ardennes pork roast, potatoes and leek and cauliflower in cream
Dinner: a bowl of tomato soup, 1 slice of Maya bread with tuna salad and 1/2 chicken cervelat
In-between meals and snacks: a slice of raspberry cake and a bunch of Nic-Nac cookies

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 17 hours 20 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 1.8 liters
Other drinks: 7 cups of coffee

Activity:

1 minute of rope skipping and burpee AMRAP

Monday, November 19th

Sleep:
Bed time: 0:30
Time slept: 4 
hours 45 minutes1

(1) I just couldn't fall asleep. Was awake until 2 am, where I normally doze off within minutes or even seconds.

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of tomato soup, 3 slices of Maya bread with chicken cervelat and ketchup, and an additional piece of chicken cervelat
Dinner: a plate of Alaska pollock with broccoli, gluten free noodles and leek in cream
In-between meals and snacks: a smidgen of meringue, a small piece of bread pudding and a small piece of square apricot jam cake2

(2) I believe I did rather well, despite the desk diagonally across from mine at work (six feet away) looking like this:

Mannendag.jpg

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 16 hours 15 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 3.1 liters

Activity:

None

Tuesday, November 20th

Sleep:
Bed time: 23:50
Time slept: 7 hours

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of onion soup and 2 "Stutenkerle"
Dinner: a plate of stir-fried chicken, noodles, carrot, broccoli, courgette, celery root and pineapple in sweet-and-sour sauce
In-between meals and snacks: a small slice of apple cake and a chocolate, a couple of cheese cubes

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 17 hours 40 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 3.4 liters

Activity:

None

Wednesday, November 21st

Sleep:
Bed time: 23:30

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of chicken soup, 2 garlic sausages, and a plate of raw vegetables (carrot, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, radishes)
Dinner: a plate of roasted turkey breast, potatoes, carrots, onions and bell peppers
In-between meals and snacks: a small slice of frangipane cake

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 17 hours 20 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 3.1 liters
Other drinks: 1 can of Ice Tea

Activity:

Biking to work (23 km)

• Like 1

Thursday, November 22nd

Sleep:
Bed time: 23:55

Food:
Dinner: a cold dish (lettuce, tomato, carrot, cabbage, potato salad, various cold cuts, and a hard-boiled egg)
In-between meals and snacks: none

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 22 hours 50 minutes.

Drinks:
Water: 4.0 liters

Activity:

25 minutes of walking

Archery practice (75 arrows)

Friday, November 23rd

Sleep:
Bed time: 23:55

Food:
Lunch: carrot sticks and hummus
Dinner: oven-baked eggs in bell pepper cups, with Parmesan slivers
In-between meals and snacks: carrot sticks and hummus1

(1) Lunch leftovers that I ate at 4 pm.

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 18 hours 10 minutes.

Drinks:

Activity:

25 minutes of walking

Bodyweight Level 3B + grip strength exercises (incl. warm up and stretching)

Weekly weigh-in:

Weight: 99.2 kg (-1.4)

Body fat: 26.9% (-0.5)

Visceral fat: 12% (=)

Double digits for the first time in a decade! B)

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf944f4493448614d

• Like 3

Monthly measuring:

Measurements:

Neck: 42 cm (-1)
Chest: 106 cm (+1)
Left biceps: 33 cm (=)
Right biceps: 34 cm (=)
Waist: 105 cm (-2)
Hips: 108 cm (-2)
Left thigh: 56 cm (=)
Right thigh: 57 cm (-1)
Left calf: 39 cm (=)
Right calf: 39 cm (=)

How do I interpret this?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf9d9034163317351

• Like 1

Saturday, November 24th

Sleep:
Bed time: 23:40
Time slept: 7 hours 45 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a plate of Lasagna Bolognese
Dinner: pancakes with powdered sugar and whipped cream1
In-between meals and snacks: 2 hard sausages2, a handful of Nic-Nac cookies and a handful of marshmallow-like candies

(1) Yearly tradition at my parents' house. Normally on All Saints' Day, but with our week of vacation and my parents not being at home then either, it got postponed a few weeks.

(2) I seem to be making a weekly habit out of this. :D

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 13 hours

Drinks:
Water: 1.2 liters
Other drinks: 4 cups of coffee and 2 cans of Ice Tea

Activity:

A couple of minutes of rope skipping

60 seconds of planking

A burpee AMRAP

Monthly measuring:

Measurements:

Neck: 42 cm (-1)
Chest: 106 cm (+1)
Left biceps: 33 cm (=)
Right biceps: 34 cm (=)
Waist: 105 cm (-2)
Hips: 108 cm (-2)
Left thigh: 56 cm (=)
Right thigh: 57 cm (-1)
Left calf: 39 cm (=)
Right calf: 39 cm (=)

How do I interpret this?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf9d903416331735177f79d

If you’re actually asking. Discount the leg measurements, they’re notoriously hard to repeat accurately.

As a dude, the most important measurement is your belly circumference, it tracks body fat very closely. As it drops you’re losing body fat. I also measure my bicep to track overall muscle level. It’s not a great metric, but it’s satisfying to see it go up.
  • Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

13 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

If you’re actually asking. Discount the leg measurements, they’re notoriously hard to repeat accurately.

As a dude, the most important measurement is your belly circumference, it tracks body fat very closely. As it drops you’re losing body fat. I also measure my bicep to track overall muscle level. It’s not a great metric, but it’s satisfying to see it go up.

Yeah, I noticed that the thigh measurements vary greatly if I take them even 1 cm higher or lower. That's why I take several each time and pick the average (although it's only the thighs that actually give me different measures).

I know the waist circumference is the one that needs to drop the most. I'm just unsure what the rest really mean (especially the chest size that went up slightly)...

Sunday, November 25th

Sleep:
Bed time: 02:00
Time slept: 6 hours 10 minutes

Food:
Lunch: 3 slices of brown bread with filet américain, and 2 Wiener sausages
Dinner: a plate of meat loaf, potatoes and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
In-between meals and snacks: a couple of pieces of pop corn, and a mandarin

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 20 hours 30 minutes

Drinks:
Water: 1.5 liters

Activity:

A couple of minutes of rope skipping

60 seconds of planking

A burpee AMRAP

• Like 1

Monday, November 26th

Sleep:
Bed time: 00:30
Time slept: 6 hours 25 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of tomato soup, 2 "Stutenkerle" and 2 chicken cervelats
Dinner: a plate of chicken with curry sauce, rice and iceberg lettuce
In-between meals and snacks: a crust of bread and two cheese cubes

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 17 hours 20 minutes

Drinks:

Activity:

None

Tuesday, November 27th

Sleep:
Bed time: 21:30
Time slept: 9 hours 20 minutes

Food:
Lunch: a bowl of pumpkin soup, 2 slices of brown bread with ham and cheese
Dinner: a plate of bread-crumbed chicken breast with ham and cheese, raw vegetables (carrot, cauliflower, celery, tomatoes, radishes) and guacamole
In-between meals and snacks: none

Intermittent fasting:

Fasted for 18 hours 10 minutes

Drinks:
Water: 3.8 liters

Activity:

A few minutes of rope skipping, a core routine, grip strength exercises and a burpee AMRAP