Need an Accountabilibuddy!

I've only just joined up and am looking for extra support.

I have family and co-workers who are all on board, but I would love someone outside my current little circle to keep me accountable.

I am located in Far North Queensland Australia, I'm not sure there are many of you out there who are located nearby :confused:
I am totally ok if you are located ANYWHERE else, as long as you are able to touch base with me daily and keep my lazy butt in line.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow".  Mary Anne Radmacher

Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it's holy ground. There is no greater investment. S Covey

/wave

I am still looking and I'd love to help you out too :flustered:

I'm not entirely sure where to start though.

Have you been a member long? Where are you at in your journey? What would you like from me to help keep you accountable?

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow".  Mary Anne Radmacher

Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it's holy ground. There is no greater investment. S Covey

I just started this week! I am years in but also brand new. I go to the gym for a couple months then take a month off then rinse repeat. Right now I am trying to build muscle and increase my stamina. Just having someone to talk to that understands the struggle would be amazing!

:frog:

:adoration: awesome! Do you stop deliberately to give yourself a break? Or do you sometimes just hit a slump? What have been the hardest things for you in this process?

I have just hit 6 weeks in, so I am still very new to all this. I don't go to the gym but I am doing the bodyweight workouts.

I hit a slump at 4 weeks in and had a week of feeling bleghhh. I still did the workouts but I didn't do anything on rest days and ate terribly. I somehow snapped myself out of it though and am powering on again.

I've already realised I have 2 big triggers that slump me: money problems (which I have now taken steps to fix woo go me!) and my mother (slightly more difficult to figure out, I'm thinking I just need a healthy snack option I can binge on when I'm done dealing with her)

I am currently just trying to lose weight and get back to a healthier me. Years ago (aka Before Children!) my husband and I went to the gym, had a trainer and ate Paleo. So most of this isn't new to me which is good. I eventually want to get back to the gym and try weights which I have NEVER done before and does scare me. That'll definitely be a 20soc moment haha. I also want to run a marathon and climb a mountain. Right now though I'm just getting used to using my body again.

And this second I'm off for my walk before work :chuncky:

It is always a slump. I take rest days. I try to work out 4 days a week so I can recover. It is very hard for me to get to the gym before work. I just love to sleep. Even when I go to bed two hours early, I just sleep two extra hours. Money problems also make me binge sweets! I like to keep tasty fiber bars on hand because they are sort of a treat but they are very filling!

I just jumped into weights, I watched some youtube videos and talked to a guy at my gym but thats mostly it. I have to use the smallest weights and empty bars and the lowest setting on the machines but I really enjoy it and am seeing a change in my muscles! Another problem I have is getting off work at 5, getting home, changing, talking to my fur babies, and getting back to the gym for a 530 class that I love. I came into work 10 minutes early today so I could leave 10 minutes early. Hopefully that helps. I have never tried Paleo because I try to be vegan but I have heard good things about it!

Have the best day!