• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

model1234

Need help becoming slim/lean for modeling!

Hello! I am very much in need of help and do not really know what to do. All my life I have done different types of sports, but I have always kept soccer. Because of this my thighs are pretty muscular. However, I recently am getting into modeling and my upper body meets the requirements amazingly however my lower body does not. My thighs and glutes are too big, they are not HUGE, but too big for modeling I have been trying to slim them down but I am not sure what the most efficient way would be. I currently go to spin class once a week, run every now and then and mainly do Pilates and some weight training.  I would have to loose muscle mass and some fat, but I am not sure how to do this. I need to loose inches off of my thighs/legs as soon as possible! I’m 5’8 and 140 lbs. the help would greatly be appreciated!

I deleted your other post in the Workout Plan subforum because it's identical to this one and fits better here. You can't target fat loss on your body, it will come off where ever it comes off. All you can do is lose weight and let your body do what it wants. You are right in the middle of Healthy on the BMI chart, if you lose more than 15 lbs and go down below 125 you would be considered underweight. I'm not generally a big fan of BMI for individuals, it was designed to analyze large populations, but I don't generally recommend weight loss for people who are already at a healthy weight.

Agreeing with Tank (that's normal aroud here:friendly_wink:) about losing weight. If you want to lose muscle, on your legs. I'd skip the spin cycle, and maybe do a little less weight focus on legs ad glutes . Or maybe find a good modeling job that actually appreciates woman with  strong legs and a nice well rounded behind.:smile-new:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^ What they said.

Here's the thing: we can't change our body types. If you store most of your weight on your lower body, that's not going to change regardless of how much you workout or how little you eat. You can increase fat storage on your stomach from increasing cortisol (which, coincidentally, rises when you're exercising too much or eating too little), but I don't think that's what you're going for.

If you want to slim down your legs, you just need to lose more fat - women can typically maintain 16-20% BF without impacting their health, but it's dependant on the individual. This is done through a caloric deficit, and eating enough protein/lifting weights to ensure you don't lose too much muscle - frankly, I don't think you should be AIMING to lose muscle for the sake of modelling, but that's just my opinion. I suspect that you lost 10-15lbs, most of which SHOULD be fat, you'd naturally see that 'shape' that you're aiming for. Do cardio 3x a week and resistance training complexes/circuits 2x a week,  eat 200-300kcal below your TDEE every day, get lots of sleep, stay hydrated, and give it time.

Going the opposite direction, you could add some delt/shoulder work which would increase the appearance of an hourglass shape and balancing out your lower half. This is an interesting article on attaining those kinds of ratios, and training specifically for a slender/model look: https://bretcontreras.com/how-to-attain-a-slender-look-like-jessica-alba-zoe-saldana/