First off, I've never said "Ya'll" with a straight face...it always involves me at least turning around and snickering to myself.

I've been poking around Nerd Fitness for a few days now and finally decided to join up in the community because 1. I wanted to join the new 28-day challenge, 2. taking a lesson from Chuck, I need some Cpt. Awesomes in my life and ya'll seem pretty awesome *snicker*, 3. I do, actually, need to get my fitness under control and I'm hoping this will help me maintain some accountability.

Some background...I'm feeling wordy today.

As a little brat I danced ballet and tap for 3 years, then I quit. In grade school I played basketball for two years and scored 2 points total (foul shots), rocked at gym class volleyball, played town soccer (loved), became an amateur artist, was a member of CEE (I cannot remember for the life of me what that stood for...but we did logic puzzles and random projects during study hall...it was for nerds), and cried when I didn't get an A. To this day my mom tells me I was the most stressed out 4th grader she ever knew. I pretty much maintained this lifestyle through high school, switching out soccer for tennis, CEE for math team, and crying for studying longer when I didn't get an A.

As a freshman in college I rowed crew, then quit because I wanted a life. I'm still fond of the sport and get all sentimental every morning when I ride over the Charles and see all the college kids freezing their butts off out on the water. For the following 3 years I did the whole "work hard, play hard" college thing. When I graduated in '08 I was 100% aimless and landed in a temp admin position at a medical school in MA...that lasted about a year and half and I realized that I had wasted 2 years of my life doing nothing at I job I didn't care about. So, what was the logical thing to do? quit my job and join the Army! not logical you say? maybe not... it was an impulsive decision, but the best decision I've made thus far. I joined the NG and went to basic training this past May - July...came home to living in my parents' house with no job, no friends in the area, and again, was 100% aimless.

Then, September 2010 happened. I got a new job at a hospital/medical school, moved to Boston, got to a new NG unit, joined a new gym where a friend from college is a trainer, made a bunch of new friends, started my retirement account, and bought myself a kindle. Life is looking up! :D

So here I am. My challenge goals are mainly geared toward the fact that I'm starting officer school in April, and it will be tough enough without having my physical abilities/stamina getting in the way. I want to be in the best shape of my life when I go to that first weekend! I know its only a few months away, but I can accomplish a lot in that time...I need to clean up my eating (semi-paleo, but I do far too much cardio to stop eating whole grains and potatoes *I probably just tell myself that because I really love them) and get rid of the processed junk that I find myself grabbing around 3pm. I also want to focus more on body-weight exercises, enjoying distance running (don't talk to me after I run 4 miles....I'm irritated and bored) and my ninja fighting skills (currently I have none). I also want to find somewhere to play in a fun soccer league (anyone in Boston have an idea?), read more books, and become better friends with my brother.

So that's me!!

Oh, some basic stats, I'm 5'9, 140ish lbs, female, and I just dyed my hair some reddish/brown color and I can't tell if I'm fond of it.

Nov. 25 - Gobble Gobble Gobble 4-miler

Dec. 19 - Jingle Bell 5k

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem

First off, I've never said "Ya'll" with a straight face...it always involves me at least turning around and snickering to myself.

I love "ya'll." It's the gender-neutral, plural-specific, second person pronoun that the English language seems to be lacking. However, whenever people say "you-ins" I shudder.

I just dyed my hair some reddish/brown color and I can't tell if I'm fond of it.

You know what they say: Life's a bleach and then you dye!

That said: Welcome! Hope the NerdFitness experience is helpful to you.