• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM warms up

8 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 1 – Tuesday

No workout but did get an hour yoga class in! was tempted to buy a class pack which are on super sale but my schedule is always so erratic.

We got a lot of laundry done, finally uploaded our wedding photos, VOTED! And cooked up a batch of flank steak for some lunches. finally made nomnom’s all purpose stir fry sauce and it’s bomb. We went to pho for late lunch and I had ice cream after yoga.

Week 1 – Wednesday

Ran outside! it was in the mid-40s which was actually really nice with a couple long sleeve technical shirts on. 2.34 miles in just under 27 minutes. 

crazy busy day at werrrrrk. also our niece arrived! she's adorbs. went for a walk with the pup when i got home. love checking that box and it always makes me feel good to take a walk. made a really delicious lentil soup for dinner and got to bed early instead of doing more TY cards. 

Sounds busy but awesome. Being able to fit challenges into a schedule when you have lots of extra things like nieces and puppies and voting is good work! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sounds busy but awesome. Being able to fit challenges into a schedule when you have lots of extra things like nieces and puppies and voting is good work! 

thanks! and most of the stuff i do on here for goals is what ends up keeping me sane/happy/thriving. it's like self-care goals i guess?

i just accidentally deleted my thursday update

giphy.gif

brief: i did a bw circuit of mostly arms and abs and 10 mins of yoga

• Like 1

h4DC61011

Week 1 – Friday

Another treadmill run: 34 mins; 2.85 miles; 72 ft climbed.

Ended up getting chipotle for dinner and saved the salsa chicken to make for bro-in-law on Saturday.

workouts: 3/5

walk: 5/5

restaurant food: 2

yoga: 70

Week 1 – Saturday

Went out to bro-in-law’s to visit the new niece super early in the morning (3hr drive one way). stayed for 4 hours and did some grocery shopping on the way home.

Decided I wanted to go to the Halloween party after all! May have gotten home at 6am…

restaurant food: 3

Week 1 – Sunday

Sleep, lunch with fam for my bday, a quick shopping trip, nap, laundry, and bfast prep for the week. SO is on a work trip until Thursday night so trying to stay on top of house chores!

week 1 scores!

restaurant food: 4

slipped on workouts and restaurants because of the show and family travel but happy to have gotten in yoga and walking! hoping for a stellar week 2!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, raptron said:

:D Your Sunday was much more productive than mine, at least. Despite holding down the dance fort to the very end! 

i was definitely on the struggle bus during fam lunch. post-nap chores were much easier! my feet are still asking me why i left my heels on all night.

Week 2 – Monday

got almost 8hrs sleep, woo! did 5mins of yoga/stretching in the morning before getting ready for work.

after work I ran outside as it was still light out and in the high 40s! 2.08 miles in 24:15. ankles and calf areas were exceeding tight after which made me think it wasn't such a good idea to run after dancing for 5 hours in heels.

exhibit A:

sgqLR5YT0kyOYXSp6H0fD7D4qXre_20qBZEcC_Bn

exhibit B:

Z2WB5XBjheW-bwPlgaCKxqpMIlQ1XvT318Y0-36p

cooked a big batch of chicken thighs with nomnom’s stir fry sauce in the IP. added quinoa and a ton of veg. I did get the dishes washed but of course, made more. I’ll need to get those done tonight along with folding laundry.

workouts: 1/5

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 5

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RedStone said:

High heel hangover is totally a thing! 

Only if you forget to thoroughly stretch everything between hips and toes after taking them off... 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 6:31 PM, scalyfreak said:

Only if you forget to thoroughly stretch everything between hips and toes after taking them off... 

ain't nobody got time for that :D

19 hours ago, The Tin Man said:

HEY! What 5k are you doing?

And it makes me so very smiley to see "Spouse" now instead of "SO" <3

oh hi! dis one

yeah! i kept doing SO for a little while until a better nerd than me came up with Spouse. (it was @Grumble)

• Like 1

Week 2 – Tuesday

Woke up at what I thought was my normal time. got to the gym and was so confused as to why there were a bajillion more cars than usual. I was an hour later than I thought… very disorienting and I almost just went back home so I wouldn’t be late for work. but I stuck it out and only ended up being 15 mins late.

16.gif

BB curls

50x8

40x9

40x9

Standing cable push downs

70x10

65x10

65x9

Underhand cable pulldowns

75x10

75x10

75x10

Toe touchers

15, 15, 15, 15

Ended up getting pizza for dinner and then did some yoga.

workouts: 2/5

restaurant food: 1

yoga: 15

Week 2 – Wednesday

Stayed home from work as I needed a mental health day. got 8.5hrs of sleep! and then did some yoga and went to the gym.

Back squat

100x8

90x9

90x9

Leg curls

85x8

70x9

High step ups

10x8 each leg

10x8

Smith machine calf raises

65x8

75x8

I wanted a bagel sandwich with deli turkey and I don’t really have any place near me that does that so I went to the grocery store and picked up the ingredients! Had a jalapeno cheddar one for bfast and an everything one for lunch. halo top and Halloween candy throughout the day and leftover pizza for dinner. it was a good food day.

I did get an online return to the ups store and one work phone call/emails but that’s about it productivity-wise. Watched a ton of luke cage and was totally planning on going to bed early but that didn’t happen. 6h54m sleep.

Also Misty Knight is the absolute best and now that Disney is terrible and canceling all my marvel shows they can go right ahead and make one for Misty.

tumblr_oecqxcjvcU1qa9qc7o1_540.gif

yoga: 27

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yeah! i kept doing SO for a little while until a better  different nerd than me came up with Spouse. (it was @Grumble)

FTFY

22 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Also Misty Knight is the absolute best and now that Disney is terrible and canceling all my marvel shows they can go right ahead and make one for Misty.

Keep your fingers crossed. Plus with Disney's streaming service coming out next year Marvel may not be down and out yet.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grumble said:

FTFY

haha! ok ok

32 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Keep your fingers crossed. Plus with Disney's streaming service coming out next year Marvel may not be down and out yet.

yeah though i feel like you can't just cancel shows and then reboot the same exact show a year later. it would've made more sense for them to just take the show and say it was now going to be on our service. the whole thing is stupid, i'd rather pay more money to ONE freaking streaming service and pick which channels i want on it. is that a monopoly? whatever i don't care!

tenor.gif?itemid=4404813

40 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yeah though i feel like you can't just cancel shows and then reboot the same exact show a year later. it would've made more sense for them to just take the show and say it was now going to be on our service. the whole thing is stupid, i'd rather pay more money to ONE freaking streaming service and pick which channels i want on it. is that a monopoly? whatever i don't care!

I would like to formally introduce you to the business side of entertainment

40 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4404813

Appropriate gif is appropriate

Belle Beuty And The Beast GIF - Belle BeutyAndTheBeast Disney GIFs

• Haha 1

I didn't hear that Luke Cage and Iron Fist were being cancelled...one of those is a shame and the other is Iron Fist. 

That daid, I haven't seen season 2 of either yet. If viewership is down it is because TOO MANY SEASONS TOO FAST. I'm still working through Jessica Jones S2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Tin Man said:

If viewership is down it is because TOO MANY SEASONS TOO FAST. 

QFT.

Haven't they heard of things like jobs and families and being adults? Sheesh.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Tin Man said:

I didn't hear that Luke Cage and Iron Fist were being cancelled...one of those is a shame and the other is Iron Fist. 

That daid, I haven't seen season 2 of either yet. If viewership is down it is because TOO MANY SEASONS TOO FAST. I'm still working through Jessica Jones S2.

12 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

QFT.

Haven't they heard of things like jobs and families and being adults? Sheesh.

VERY TRUE didn't watch any iron fist... bc iron fist. and the good parts are in the Defenders anyway. we finished JJ s2 pretty soon after it came out but are just getting to Luke now. and it's about that time of year when regular shows come back on TV AND I'M JUST NOT READY

Week 2 – Thursday

Ran outside! accidentally paused my run on my app for what I think was about 0.5 miles so my numbers are an estimate. 2.54 miles in 31 minutes.

No walk. it’s hard to motivate myself to go when the pup is at my mother’s house…

I made broiled haddock and sautéed collard greens for dinner. super easy and quick. yoga happened after!

yoga_1445522439.gif

workouts: 4/5

yoga: 37

• Like 1

Week 2 – Friday

stayed in and did some modified bridges and clamshells for yoga. hoping these help my knee doing lunges.

then I did a quick bw circuit

60s plank

30s R lunge

30s L lunge

10 shoulder presses, palms in, 10# each hand

10 counter pushups

10 squats

X3

Work was craaaazzzyy. Went home and prepped stuff for dinner but then opened up the poultry sausage and phewwwwyyy did it smell. This was like a third or fourth chance for these sausages so I will not be buying them again. ate chips and guac and halo top and the broccoli I have cut up for the real dinner. oh wells.

Image result for comfort food cozy gif

workouts: 5/5

yoga: 47

Week 2 – Saturday

Got a solid NINE HOURS of sleep! then grocery shopping and some house chores. Prepped a spinach and artichoke dip for a friends gathering and spent the evening chatting and snacking and drinking.

Week 2 – Sunday

Definitely a bit hungover but also my stomach felt like it was on fire. could’ve been a million different things but I took care of what I consumed yesterday. ended up getting my first sweetgreen warm salad and it was delicious – and huge portions! Saved the rest for later after going to see Bohemian Rhapsody. IT WAS SO GREAT

Hung with a friend for a bit watching old queen videos and then went home to meal prep some lunches.

week 1 scores!

workouts: 5/5

restaurant food: 2

yoga: 47

so not exactly a STELLAR week 2 but I got all my workouts in, cut back on restaurant food, and nearly made my yoga goal. like I said before the pup was with my sister all week so going for a walk wasn’t high on my list. I walked a lot around an outdoor mall over the weekend though… does that count? ~970 steps in 15 minutes.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2018 at 6:03 PM, The Tin Man said:

Seaosn 2 of Luke Cage was... luke warm.

Just now, Grumble said:

Seaosn 2 of Luke Cage was... luke warm.

ouch. halfway done and I agree the villain plot is messy. BUT Misty's arc keeps me loving it and I actually learned a ton about Caribbean history that they didn't teach me in school (the show's references combined with my own googling). The group of people called the Maroons lived/live in extremely isolated or hard to reach places which seems to be where the term marooned comes from!

:P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ouch. halfway done and I agree the villain plot is messy. BUT Misty's arc keeps me loving it and I actually learned a ton about Caribbean history that they didn't teach me in school (the show's references combined with my own googling). The group of people called the Maroons lived/live in extremely isolated or hard to reach places which seems to be where the term marooned comes from!

:P 

It definitley has some good parts. Everything's coming up Misty, but the quote by Fish made me legit laugh "Just because you're a woke superhero doesn't mean you have to be a broke superhero." But overall, it was lackluster and not worth keeping around.

20 hours ago, Grumble said:

It definitley has some good parts. Everything's coming up Misty, but the quote by Fish made me legit laugh "Just because you're a woke superhero doesn't mean you have to be a broke superhero." But overall, it was lackluster and not worth keeping around.

i disagree! i think it was definitely worth keeping around for a multitude of reasons. but that's okay you get to have your opinion... even if it's wrong :P 

Week 3 – Monday

Outdoor run with spouse. It’s been awhile for her so my first mile was slowish for me. ended up getting 2.72 miles in 32:18. ~100 ft elevation in hills.

Very off day. I feel like I’ve been having those often. Forgot my spousal ring and then my computer at work wouldn’t work. I troubleshooted and waited around for 2 hours for IT before calling it and going home to use my own computer.

fur_sure.gif

Didn't get a lot done after work besides cooking dinner and watching a full episode of sherlock. leftover spinach artichoke dip is great on top of haddock and broccoli btw.

workouts: 1/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 0

• Like 1