• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM warms up

9 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i disagree! i think it was definitely worth keeping around for a multitude of reasons. but that's okay you get to have your opinion... even if it's wrong :P 

I see your disagreement and raise you a cancellation.

Come Get It GIF - LukeCage LukeCageGIFs Netflix GIFs

• Sad 1

On 11/6/2018 at 11:32 AM, Grumble said:

I see your disagreement and raise you a cancellation.

Come Get It GIF - LukeCage LukeCageGIFs Netflix GIFs

well played. but it's WORTH, to me, is more than its plot line or a fairly poor second season.

tumblr_ok7xqkIpeB1vi6lxio3_400.gif

Week 3 – Tuesday

Deadlifts

155x5

140x6

Ouch. New power bar knurling

RDLs

100x8

100x9

100x8

100x8

Front squats

75x7

75x7

75x7

Bent-over DB rows, palms in

40x8

40x8

40x8

DB side bends

40x9

40x9

40x9

40x9

Got home late and starting putting together the oatmeal bake (of which I promptly forgot for breakfast today). I ate a bunch of little sweet potato crackers with hummus while baking. I did get in some yoga though too. my stomach started bothering me but spouse was bringing home chipotle for dinner and I ate the whole thing which was a big mistake.

giphy.gif

my stomach was notttt happy. took some metamucil today to hopefully help. also I think I’m pmsing.

workouts: 2/5

walk: 0/5

restaurant food: 1

yoga: 16

• Like 2

Week 3 – Wednesday

Slept in for a solid 8hrs. seemed more important even though I wasn’t be able to workout Thursday morning either. did a bit of yoga.

yoga: 20

Week 3 – Thursday

Woke up at my normal gym time but had to leave for work early as I was going to a conference in the city. Two 17-min walks though between the train stop on my venue. I did get 20 minutes of yoga in after getting home!

walk: 34/5

yoga: 40

Week 3 – Friday

Run on the treadmill – got in a 5K at just under 37 mins. had to stop after a mile to hit up the restroom and walked for about 2 minutes after making it to 5K.

Finally ordered our free wedding photos package and will do a full album through another site.

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 40

Week 3 – Saturday

Did groceries in my workout clothes so I’d have less excuses to hit the gym after. Got in some yoga before groceries as well.

Barbell curls

55x3

50x6

50x8

Cable push-downs

75x10

65x9

65x9

Underhand cable pulldowns

80x8

80x8

80x8

Toe touchers

15, 15, 15, 15

We ate bfast and a small lunch at home while getting through a good number of TY cards! Made a trip to the outlet mall to return stuff and get some nice items for spouse. Hit up our friends later on for drinks and food and karaoke.

workouts: 4/5

restaurant food: 2

yoga: 45

Week 3 – Sunday

Lots o’ lounging

week 3 scores!

restaurant food: 3

prioritizing sleep in the mornings but only because I’m not getting to bed early enough. gotta kick up that bed time.

• Like 4

Sounds like a good week! I have no means to judge your running distance and speed (my personal best is like 25 seconds), but 37 minutes sounds like good work.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Sounds like a good week! I have no means to judge your running distance and speed (my personal best is like 25 seconds), but 37 minutes sounds like good work.

haha thanks! it's not where i'd like to be (of course, where i'd like to be is an ever moving target) but with everything my body's going through right now, i appreciate its work :D 

What's been keeping you from bed? If it's the DARNED PHONE, I've been having some success with the like time management apps. Good workout clothes while shopping strategy. PRO MOVE.

19 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha thanks! it's not where i'd like to be (of course, where i'd like to be is an ever moving target) but with everything my body's going through right now, i appreciate its work :D 

Approved GIF - Seal Approval GIFs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

What's been keeping you from bed? If it's the DARNED PHONE, I've been having some success with the like time management apps.

it is and it isn't? i did well when the TV went off around an hour before I wanted to be asleep. which gave me ample time for my before-bed ritual and scrolling through insta for a bit. spouse has an alarm on her phone to turn off the TV at the right time but I should probably do the same...

2 hours ago, raptron said:

Good workout clothes while shopping strategy. PRO MOVE.

heck ya! gotta do it more often as i totally fell out of the weekend workout habit over the summer.

Week 4 – Monday

What did I do yesterday? slept in for a total of over 9hrs. NEEDED IT

Got a load of laundry in after work. cooked up a batch of beef burrito bowls in the instant pot and did yoga while that did its thing.

Smartly decided on a short (30 min) show instead of the 60 min one so that I could get to bed earlier. Of course we started into a second episode of the short show… but we did stop it before it was over!

workouts: 0/5

restaurant food: 0

yoga: 15

the plan.

11/12: laundry; yoga (15m)

11/13: running; yoga (10m); prep baked oatmeal

11/14: weights; walk; yoga (10m)

11/15: running; yoga (10m)

11/16: weights; yoga (5m); TY cards

11/17: 5K; friends bday

11/18: groceries; grandpa’s bday brunch; meal prep

i think i probably over-extended myself on dishes i said i'd cook for friendsgiving... just made my grocery list and soooooeyyy! it's a lot. roasted brussels, green bean cass, deviled eggs, and spinach/artichoke dip

• Like 2

Week 4 – Tuesday

Ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill bc it was raining out and eff that. went 2.51 miles.

Meal prepped bfast when I got home and did some yoga while it baked. We ordered pizza for dinner bc I can’t be bothered to make two meals in one night! I also decided that walks will now need to be relegated to the mornings or weekends because it’s already dark out when I get home and I’d rather not.

20905550.gif

workouts: 1/5

yoga: 25

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, raptron said:

IT IS SO DARK THESE DAYS.

(I'm fully prepared to complain about this until April.)

Rather early nights than late mornings. I hate going to work in the dark.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, raptron said:

SAME

Just now, Grumble said:

Rather early nights than late mornings. I hate going to work in the dark.

part of why i'm so excited to go to Iceland in June. SUN ALL DAY PLZ

Just now, CourtnieMarie said:

SAME

part of why i'm so excited to go to Iceland in June. SUN ALL DAY PLZ

OOOOHHHH.

Please report back if that fucks with your circadian rhythm.

And tell us all about it, I live through you peoples adventures until grimble gets older.

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Yessss I want to complain too. I don't like cycling in the dark, especially as the roads are rough. 

37 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

giphy.gif

Damnit, you're right again, Dumbledore. Getting to my class is dark and difficult, but it's the RIGHT thing to do. I must set aside my fears and go anyway. 

• Like 1

Week 4 – Wednesday

YearlyBiodegradableCrane-small.gif

it got real cold real fast out here

squat dayyyyyy

100x8

95x9

95x9

leg curls

80x8

65x9

high step ups

5x8 each leg/DB

5x8

smith machine alternating calf raises

45x5

75x8

75x8

DB side bend

40x10x4

work was okay but dinner took way longer to make that i anticipated which put me too far behind a good sleep schedule. at least it was delicious. i added mushrooms & fish sauce at the beginning (no magic mushroom powder :() and stopped it halfway to add some rice into it. really good. i did get yoga in while it cooked.

workouts: 2/5

yoga: 35

• Like 1

Yoga + cooking multitask! I clicked on that recipe before I finished reading your post and was like "ooh, that'd be good with rice" and then saw you also had the same thought. Muaha. Riceeee. <3 

How are your workouts back with the barbell feeling? :)

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Yoga + cooking multitask! I clicked on that recipe before I finished reading your post and was like "ooh, that'd be good with rice" and then saw you also had the same thought. Muaha. Riceeee. <3 

it's LEGIT and we've been loving the short brown rice variety. apparently takes 45 mins to cook on the stove top tho.

1 hour ago, raptron said:

How are your workouts back with the barbell feeling? :)

GREAT! i'm already contemplating creating my next "program"! i want to get away from these rep numbers and go down to maybe a 5x5 but only one big lift per day. then the usual accessories. depending how the upper body days go, maybe i can even attempt to bench again.

we're probably going to sign up for the tough mudder again but i don't want that to distract me from the barbell like it did last year. i get so distracted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it's LEGIT and we've been loving the short brown rice variety. apparently takes 45 mins to cook on the stove top tho.

GREAT! i'm already contemplating creating my next "program"! i want to get away from these rep numbers and go down to maybe a 5x5 but only one big lift per day. then the usual accessories. depending how the upper body days go, maybe i can even attempt to bench again.

Good plan! :)

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we're probably going to sign up for the tough mudder again but i don't want that to distract me from the barbell like it did last year. i get so distracted.

Hahah, it is easy to get distractedddd! 

• Like 1

Week 4 – Thursday

Last run before the 5K. kept it easy. 2 miles in 23:45 on the treadmill.

Got in yoga too!

workouts: 3/5

Week 4 – Friday

DL

160x5

145x6

RDL

100x8

100x8

100x9

100x8

Front squat

75x7

75x7

75x7

Bent-over DB row (palms in)

40x8

50x8

50x5

DB side bend

40x8

50x8

50x16

Got in a bit of yoga and my left hip was feeling pulled but luckily felt way better after a sleep.

yoga: 50

Week 4 – Saturday

Did better on the 5K than I thought considering the past few runs. That race day energy really kicks it up. finished in 36:41. My pace had been getting worse all through November but went back to what I’d consider normal for this. now if I can only just maintain this and run once a week that’d be great.

Rest of the day: free beers, free lunch wraps, more beers, friend’s baby, pizza, and singing.

workouts: 5/5

restaurant food: 2

Week 4 – Sunday

Family brunch for my grandpa’s birthday. grocery shopping on the worst possible day at the worst possible time but oh well. prepped some leftovers for lunch and went to chill with a few beers and friends.

week 4 scores!

workouts: 5/5

restaurant food: 3

it's officially cold all the damn time now. i completely failed the walking goal. just didn't want to do it. maybe with the weather and darkness i'll add some more yoga time instead.

restaurant food went well! kept it to a minimum and most stuff was pre-planned events with family/friends. i did notice that we ordered take out during the week more often. it'd be good to cut back on that for money's sake and overall body feels better with moar vegs.

lifting went great and i definitely warmed up that spark again. i'm excited to continue that and get it least 3x/week. i do like running most of the time as well. what i really love are 5k or OCR events. if i can maintain this type of pace until the next event then i won't have to scramble to "train"

it'll be really important for me to keep these workout habits as we get into SAD territory. lack of sun and warmth and sand. 

• Like 2