• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Does Dailies

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

"It is. It really isss..."

 

"Procrastination!! SHUT UP!"

 

:P

 

TRUFF. And then I feel bad about procrastinating anyway soooooo might as well be productive while feeling stuff? (CC has me reading up on the effects of shame and worry on the pleasure center of the brain. Surprising stuff!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

 

Morning is trolling me, too.  Hi!

 

Hey homie! We tagged each other about mornings at the same time. Twinning!

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girl!    Reaffirming what the others have said in that you're doing some great stuff here.    There's always so much insight to garner from your threads, and I love the things I learn just from being along for the supportive ride.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 12:11 PM, Starpuck said:

Hey girl!    Reaffirming what the others have said in that you're doing some great stuff here.    There's always so much insight to garner from your threads, and I love the things I learn just from being along for the supportive ride.

 

 

 

Uuuugh the hardest, best work is so unglamorous! But man it's so good. I've been developing a lot of ideas about conforming as a survival mechanism, and how detrimental that can be for those of us that are gloriously different from the mainstream. And what the hell is the mainstream anyway? I kind of don't buy it. I sort of picture these 2 roads as snowy paths - the main road and the road less traveled. The main road is full of people in big white fluffy coats and all you see is a herd of puff malls making their way down a wide road.

 

The road less traveled seems a whole lot emptier, windy, maybe dark from naked trees, a frightened traveler peaking out from behind a tree... but I dunno if that's really true. I think maybe we see it as empty because we think it's empty and that's what we look for, but actually it's full of a whole bunch of people in bright colorful shirts wearing big white puffer coats to help them hide... but the colors peak out of the collars and give us away. Then there are the ones boldly walking along in the middle of the road in a carefree stroll, bright AF colors for all to see. I think it's probably a lot more populated than it seems! Life is weird.

 

_____

 

Lots going on. Tuesday was the only day I didn't hit my dailies, and I'm on track for today even tho I'm catching a midday train into the city to see CLUTCHHHHHH!!!! But I managed to get a lot done this morning, and have just a few more tasks to finish on the train - mostly journal homework from CC. Gotta go double check my over night bag and get myself moving! Peace out lovely nerds!!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedStone said:

And what the hell is the mainstream anyway?

 

One of my favorite quotes/statements of all time is "there is no such thing as 'normal' " What there is, is whatever seems to be most common in the group/society that we spend most of our time with. What is seen as the norm, becomes what people think of as "normal". If you don't follow that norm, then you will be seen by others, and maybe also by yourself, as "weird" or "strange", when in reality the only thing different about you is that you are different from what is most commonly perceived in and by the people around you.

 

If we're not fitting in (=conforming to the mainstream) that doesn't mean something is wrong with us. It means the group is the wrong fit for us. And at that point, we can either change who we are (NOT A GOOD CHOICE!!!), or we can own what makes us different and embrace it. Or, and this is my preference, we can leave and find another group that is a better fit. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 12:45 PM, scalyfreak said:

 

One of my favorite quotes/statements of all time is "there is no such thing as 'normal' " What there is, is whatever seems to be most common in the group/society that we spend most of our time with. What is seen as the norm, becomes what people think of as "normal". If you don't follow that norm, then you will be seen by others, and maybe also by yourself, as "weird" or "strange", when in reality the only thing different about you is that you are different from what is most commonly perceived in and by the people around you.

 

If we're not fitting in (=conforming to the mainstream) that doesn't mean something is wrong with us. It means the group is the wrong fit for us. And at that point, we can either change who we are (NOT A GOOD CHOICE!!!), or we can own what makes us different and embrace it. Or, and this is my preference, we can leave and find another group that is a better fit. :)


Exactly. There really is no final answer Alex Trebec, despite our (maybe not US) best intentions, which I really do wonder if they're primal but misappropriated, I think that's where my curiosity lies the most. CC recommended a book to me that I read through a bit at the bookstore earlier  - It's no. 3 on the to-read list - but deals with these ideas so I might bump it up to the on deck spot - Braving The Wilderness. I'd imagine some of ya'll have read it and I'd love to discuss :) But it dives into all these ideas about individuality/vulnerability and coexisting/belonging and stuff. I'm excited!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dailies continue uneventfully! I continue to do the things and I am enjoying it. This week in coaching I am focusing on emotional neutrality and do not have a strong feeling about that one way or another. 

 

BSZY9Zug_-gebor3pX2jwgIIZTg=.gif

 

Seriously though, things are going well and I have actionable and effective steps to take to deal with all the Tazmanian devils in my head. It's going well. Training is also going well, I was feeling pretty beat up - I injured my left delt a few weeks ago, maybe a pull, and am just sort of training around it for now. But this week is seeing all the work and recovery s becoming a little easier.

 

Halloween came and I did the costume thing kinda last minute but not unhappy about how that worked out!

 

 

I also finally finished cleaning out the art studio... it's time to start working again. Speaking of, next week I'll be taking on my first ever non-adult Kung Fu students! Self defense for pre teen girls. I'm looking forward to sharing that empowerment with developmental age ladies, I know I wish I had Kung Fu then, maybe they'll get something good out of it!

 

Hope ya'll have a lovely weekend!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome stuff: the vampire rhino, the teaching of glorious battle to girls, and the art which I assume is imminent. Also, neutrality is great good enough for when you can't manage hyper-hilarity-sparkle-happiness-unicorn face. 

 

200w.gif?cid=3640f6095bdd1d8d7a2e47706b5

 

Oh wait, that's unicorns being driven into the sea by an evil wizard and a flaming red bull. Sorry. Let me try again.

 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bdd241b656874732e

There we go. Sparkle-face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh wait, that's unicorns being driven into the sea by an evil wizard and a flaming red bull. Sorry. Let me try again

 

Childhood.... horrors.... resurfacing....

 

giphy.gif

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MASSIVELY thrilled RedStone over here! I found a set of used DBs for the house that go up to 50 (rack included) and picked them up yesterday! Worked on the basement to rearrange, made room for the weights (and the bench I'm going to need to procure asap), as well as cleaning up for classes to start. Feeling really stoked to have a private, non-work environment to train in! I think it will be a great de-stressor on certain days, and Mr Red will mostly likely use them as well, since he prefers home workouts to gyms.

 

I'm thinking I'll hang some more art, and more so, maybe making some specifically to hang! It's traditional to have 3 oranges in a bowl greeting the entrance of a KF school, but having loose fruit of any kind in my basement is a BAD idea. I do like the idea of keeping my grandmother's embroidery out, sort of as a nod to the female tradition, but more of a reference to what can happen with patient, unrelenting work and thoughtfulness. (Also WhyTF can't I have a sweet floral hand sewn grandama-ish decorative piece in my badass studio? WhyTF can't those things live harmoniously and to the same end? You want to talk about personal brands? Here we go. Maybe I'll even hang it above the damn weight rack :P)

 

Bulk in Spoiler cause wall of pics!

 

JBX5t4Bm.jpg


 

Spoiler

 

(Mr Red's baseball rug is gonna go into the laundry room)

 

YbmbD8um.jpg

 

3yVCMcim.jpg

 

21XVvOHm.jpg

 

96s0IzNm.jpg

 

i69SUFrm.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheee, having your own home gym is awesome. If I had space, I'd want a rack where the bench safety pins are at the perfect height. And where there's no suspicious oily patch on the bench. And no one leaves 90 pound dumbbells lying around.

Of course you can have embroidery and badassery. Sewing, weaving, knitting, and embroidery are ways of making clothing. Clothing is the modern person's armour. So, craftswomen who work with textiles are armourers. Modern blacksmiths. And flowers are the crowns of the verdant spirits of the earth, who represent growth. So surely, an embroidered flower is a modern blacksmith's prayer, beseeching the spirits for gainz. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gosh oh gosh!

First of all.    The Last Unicorn.   Yes.   I am right there with you.    I was devastated by that movie as a child!

And then all the stuff, and the weights.  BEAUTIFUL RACK Chica!   Mwuhahahaha.  LOL AHEM.

Love the basement reorganize.   It makes me want to go work out there with you right now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

AWESOME work on the basement!! that must feel so good

 

5 hours ago, Harriet said:

Wheee, having your own home gym is awesome. If I had space, I'd want a rack where the bench safety pins are at the perfect height. And where there's no suspicious oily patch on the bench. And no one leaves 90 pound dumbbells lying around.

Of course you can have embroidery and badassery. Sewing, weaving, knitting, and embroidery are ways of making clothing. Clothing is the modern person's armour. So, craftswomen who work with textiles are armourers. Modern blacksmiths. And flowers are the crowns of the verdant spirits of the earth, who represent growth. So surely, an embroidered flower is a modern blacksmith's prayer, beseeching the spirits for gainz. 

 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Oooh, so much gym space! New toys!

 

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh gosh oh gosh!

First of all.    The Last Unicorn.   Yes.   I am right there with you.    I was devastated by that movie as a child!

And then all the stuff, and the weights.  BEAUTIFUL RACK Chica!   Mwuhahahaha.  LOL AHEM.

Love the basement reorganize.   It makes me want to go work out there with you right now!

 

 

Dudes. It was SO. GOOD. No one to interrupt me and my rest periods went from 1-2 minutes to sub 30secs. I was WIPED in under 30 mins and got through my whole work out! I kept asking myself, hmmm, should I do more? But I got through everything! SO NICE. COME OVER AND TRAIN WITH MEEEEEEEEE <3

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home gyms are the best gyms 'cause underwear workouts are the best workouts.  True story.

 

What's the long thingy with the top and bottom bar (looming over the parallettes)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Deuce said:

Home gyms are the best gyms 'cause underwear workouts are the best workouts.  True story.

 

What's the long thingy with the top and bottom bar (looming over the parallettes)?

 

A ballet bar :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 1:06 PM, Deuce said:

Home gyms are the best gyms 'cause underwear workouts are the best workouts.  True story.

 

 

Have done so with my TRX straps in the backyard. Liberating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 4:06 PM, Deuce said:

Home gyms are the best gyms 'cause underwear workouts are the best workouts.  True story.

 

16 minutes ago, Grumble said:

 

Have done so with my TRX straps in the backyard. Liberating.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually underwear workouts sound very practical. Because sweat dries wonderfully off bare skin. However, you would still need deadlifting socks to prevent scraping. So I'm imagining a workout outfit with just knee socks and small clothes. Maybe a bit of blue paint. 
 

I saw a guy at the gym with a singlet whose sides were cut away so steeply it just covered a few inches of his chest (I mean that it would have been public indecency were he a woman). It was belted, and looked like a sort of caveman costume, though I think he was wearing it without ironic intent. Then there was a guy in a cobalt blue bodysuit and dragon ball z shoes and gloves. His hair, sadly, conformed to the usual laws of gravity. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 12:03 PM, Harriet said:

Actually underwear workouts sound very practical. Because sweat dries wonderfully off bare skin. However, you would still need deadlifting socks to prevent scraping. So I'm imagining a workout outfit with just knee socks and small clothes. Maybe a bit of blue paint. 

 

Sounds like a lot of bar burn. I'll leave it to those with a nice gleam of natural sweat, it's never been my way.

 

_____

 

So dailies have been about 70% the last week, and I'm reevaluating and optimizing the approach to include times of day, some light flexibility, and greater intent. Initial journalling and brainstorming is giving me a break down that looks like this, with optional actions to choose from. Perhaps a minimum target per week for certain actions.

 

Morning/Relax

-color
-chat
-journal
-draw
-play music
 
Midday/Produce
-paint
-study
-play music
-journal
-program
 
Evening/Evaluate and plan
-review next day's clients
-review next day's intent (?)
-journal
-model
 
Also. Why am I only finding out about this now???
 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 9:03 AM, Harriet said:

Actually underwear workouts sound very practical.

 

Not if your primary workout equipment is a barbell and plates... I'm picturing either massive chafing, or the bar sliding all over the place, every time I attempt a squat...

 

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

 

Sounds like a lot of bar burn. I'll leave it to those with a nice gleam of natural sweat, it's never been my way.

 

 

 

Good idea. Because the entire point about working out is to look pretty while we do it. :P 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

 

Not if your primary workout equipment is a barbell and plates... I'm picturing either massive chafing, or the bar sliding all over the place, every time I attempt a squat...

 

 

Good idea. Because the entire point about working out is to look pretty while we do it. :P 


Oh, I wasn't thinking of squats. Ouch. I was just thinking of deadlifts, hence the socks. Okay, I agree, it's not practical. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I squat with very minimal tank tops without a problem! Sometimes I get some knurling marks, but whatever. I feel much less secure with a t-shirt on. 

 

Your dailieees! So much progress. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now