elizevdmerwe - Barking up a different tree

MrsVan

Barking up a different tree...

I'm taking a leaf from how I'm feeding our dogs and cat (balanced raw), because macro-counting and I don't mesh.

image.png.50fd8145772db486bac434aa9c34be7a.png

My main aim for this challenge is to check how much I eat. Too much, too little, just right? I think I'm getting the balance of macros mostly right, most of the time. I want to eat what I feel like, without guilt of following some or other 'diet' with no subconscious guilt talks about why I should swap my batter-covered fish for plain fish... I still like a bit higher protein and fat to carbs though.

image.png.b840ba15d3f84f34512519c8684bf98e.png

But back to the dogs...

When you work out how much to feed dogs and cats, you go on a formula of

• 3-3.5% for working dogs (1-2hrs serious work+30min. play per day).  [2.7kg food - way too much for me]
  • 2.5% for some exercise (30min.-1hr per day) [2.25kg food - still too much], and
  • 2% for a sedentary lifestyle (<30min. exercise per day) [1.8kg food - little bit too much for me still],
  • 1.5% for this human's experiment [1.35kg food - just right?] Dogs/cats are NOT fed this low, ever! I added this for myself as I found 2% a tad too much still.

Now I'm not a dog, I'm built differently, my body works differently, and the amount of exercise I do with my not so compact and sleek body, is very little compared to what they pull off with their bodies. Think of a sausage dog jumping onto a bed 3x his height! No way can I jump 3x my height/length. I just like the uncomplicated way of measuring balanced food eaten. So I'm starting off on LESS THAN SEDENTARY amounts. Thus aiming for: 90kg body weight at 1.5% I should be eating less than 1.35kg of food per day. This does not include water, black coffee or tea. I'm literally plopping my plate of food on the scale, weigh it, and let my little spreadsheet do the calculations for me. Thus far I had one day with 1.41kg of food (I felt it was a bit too much) and another day with 1.18kg of food (weight of plate not included :friendly_wink: ). In the meantime I'm trying to make peace with the fact that I'm a woman with some big muscles, and a good, strong and able body.

This is not a scientifically formulated experiment.

Do not try this at home!

image.png.68b5a5a2e9ad69c25b9fd74c28737586.png

Now on to the other topics of the day...

Those who checked in last time, may remember that we've started our boys on an exercise routine 3 mornings a week (Mon/Wed/Fri). Between hubby and myself we try to help them w.r.t. form and encouragement, while doing our own routines. Youngest (Rocco) has taken to it like a dog to a bone, while Oldest (Adam) wasn't as enthusiastic at first. But it seems both are now keen enough, and both are excited about our upcoming hike (10-12Nov It will be their first, and our first as a family - if the weather permits) and some future Waterra obs.course races (family fun, not big league). Anyway, on to this challenge's goals for myself:

• Bible study (5x/week);
  • Exercise (BW - Mon and Thurs)(Walking Tue, Wed, Fri afternoons);
  • Dry fire practice (Wed);
  • Food (as explained above)(7x/week);
  • Water (1-2bottles of 750ml every day, min.);
  • Sleep (<21h30 every night).

See, nothing new. I'm just struggling to get my exercise in on a Monday morning if I do bible study first, because I tend to leave my own routine to help the boys, and obviously don't get my exercise in then. And space is a problem if we all train at the same time. If I can fit in a big chunk of my routine before Rocco gets up (5h30), it should work. The boys need to exercise before they are allowed on the computers that day.

image.png.6e0271d7fc49804e3362c042606119c4.png

Exercises:

BW - Mondays and Thursdays

• Joint Circles (warm up)
  • Jumping Jacks (Star Jumps) 20x
  • Push ups (try for full - improving every week) 4x5
  • Abs Roll Out 3x10 (left, straight, right)
  • Goblet Squats 2x10@10kg
  • X Lunges 2x10
  • Inclined Pull Ups 2x10
  • Sit-Twist Stretch
  • Shoulder and Chest Stretches
  • Touch Toes Stretches (Yeah! I can touch my toes again!)

Walking - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays

• Tuesdays: walk during lunch time (12h00-14h00) with hubby in the plantations behind his office block. It's normally around 5km serious hill work.
  • Wednesdays: walk during boys' Lego course (13h00-14h00) on flat farm road, mainly in the sun. Work on speed, maybe a slow jog *gasp*.
  • Fridays: walk with boys and dogs (new) (14h00+) in the field close to our house. Not sure of distance as I've never walked here before. Hubby and the boys have and they tell me there are sometimes farm goats and some cattle grazing there, which we have to be careful of, but otherwise it should be safe enough.

The rest of my days are still the same: home school - mornings, finances - afternoon or evening, household chores - during the day, boys' extra murals - afternoons...

image.png.80c72964ab14a2aa6d21897a973fac9f.png

I've had my say... Your turn!

• Like 8

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Elize! Good to see you're still killing it! 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Following along Elize! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Following!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Elize! Good to see you're still killing it! 

Hey Rho! I'm fighting tooth and nail to keep at it.

5 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Following along Elize! 

Thanks Jon. Glad to have you here.

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

giphy.gif

Thanks for all the support, Annyshay *hugs* :loyal:

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Following along :) xx

Good to 'see' you, Sal. Thanks for being here.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

giphy.gif

:D Love that dog, looks like an Irish something or other

52 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

I'm here! Have a great challenge :)

Great to have you along. Thanks, and a great challenge for you too.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your support, everyone. I really appreciate it. :love_heart:

This week was off to a fast start. Did Monday exercises, and today we walked with Brandt. Straight up one of the slickest, steepest paths I've walked yet! At least it was overcast and cool, so no heat exhaustion or sunburn. The boys walked with their backpacks with only our ponchos inside. Adam had Brandt's army poncho, while Rocco carried our three light weight ponchos. A lot of moaning from R did not get him off carrying the backpack, and when we finished he was proud of himself. Adam had no issues, and is looking forward to the hike in 4 weeks' time.

The boys' extra-murals are back in full swing again this week, so a lot of driving around. Mil is coming this weekend for the Amashova cycling race that she and Brandt does annually, and neither have trained enough, apparently. I told them to tell the boys they'll be cycling slowly to give them more time to play in the ocean, and not that they are cycling slowly because they aren't fit enough ;) I'll be waiting with the boys at the beach, which is close to the finish line, and then drive all back home.

Almost every weekend until end of November have one thing or another happening. The last weekend in November, Brandt and the boys usually go up to Sabie for Noon-to-Moon cycling race and to visit his mom again. I normally stay at home then as it is my breather weekend for the year, BUT... :(mil phoned last night with devastating news about a friend of mine, whom I still have contact with through her. I worked with S for 3 years, and we were as close as sisters. Funny, because she is about 15yrs older than me. We did so much together when I moved to Sabie just after finishing high school; she was the one who took my hand and led me to the horse stables and got me to learn to ride. And she was on the horse right next to me! She was the one at whose house I stayed over the night before my wedding, and we had a good time drinking coffee, roasting marshmallows over the hearth fire, talking nonsense, and she did my make up the next morning. She was always there while I lived in Sabie... and now she has cancer - spread throughout her body, and the drs gave her 6 weeks to maybe 3 months. They can't do anything. So I'm hoping that if I go up to Sabie end of November with Brandt and the boys, I'll still be able to see her. I'm praying that she won't suffer, that she will just go quick and please just don't let it drag out. My heart is so sore. I don't know how she must be struggling right now. Mil says she is staying with her younger sister (who doesn't like me at all), and not answering the phone or talking to anyone at the moment. She just found out this past week. They are out of town and don't have good cellphone reception.

So this challenge I'll again face a lot of excitement (including Adam's birthday in two weeks' time), but also tears. That's life isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Oh im so sorry about your friend :( horrible. Thinking of you, try to keep calm and self care xxxx

Thanks Sal. I'm ok, had a good cry last night, remembered all the good times. I'm more worried about her. Wish I could be there for her.

• Like 1

Sorry about your friend. Hope you get a chance to visit her.

I'm interested to see how the weighing your food experiment goes.

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Let me add my condolences to everyone else's about your friend, that's really sad.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

15 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yes :( its very difficult. Sending you lots of love xx

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about your friend. Hope you get a chance to visit her.

I'm interested to see how the weighing your food experiment goes.

12 hours ago, annyshay said:

*hugs*

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Let me add my condolences to everyone else's about your friend, that's really sad.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Mil is coming down to us this weekend, for the cycling, but she'll keep me posted on S.

--------------------------------------------

Summary: Tuesday

Bible study: done - reading from Proverbs.

Exercises: we walked with Brandt.

Dry fire: Wednesday

Food < 1.35kg (2.976Lb -> 3Lbs): 1.225kg - breakfasts seem to be around 200g mark (2x eggs with either one slice of wholewheat toast and butter, or avo, or grilled mushrooms - and I add the butter and coconut oil that I use too); the rest seems to be up or down depending on what I'm having and at what time. If I wait till much later to have lunch, like yesterday after the walk and running errands in town, then I eat a bit more. The cream in coffee is added (50ml=50g roughly) and I have about 4 mugs a day max. I definitely don't need to eat over 1.35kg if I don't seriously, seriously exert myself, or maybe face a very hot day. Which it isn't at the moment.

Water 750ml< : Just over one bottle yesterday, about 1Lt in all. That was not enough, but it was cold. I should have drunk more rooibos, but didn't. *shrug*

Sleep <21h30: About an hour late - chatted to Brandt after the boys had gone to bed, but I slept through the night. Didn't wake until just before my alarm was to go off. I was still seriously tired and couldn't get up to do dry fire. Hope to practice some later today.

Started raining around 18h00 last night, and still raining. We're starting school just now, I've got chicken for lunch and dinner in the oven (don't need Tank's descriptions to make me hungry today), and washing going in the back. Lego is starting again, but I'll probably not be walking.

• Like 7

Summary: Wednesday

Bible study: not - reading from Proverbs.

Exercises: nothing - rained.

Dry fire: Wednesday - not.

Food < 1.35kg (2.976Lb -> 3Lbs): Ate 875g, so under 1kg . Not planned, just how it happened. Normal breakfast of 2 eggs scrambled with some sauteed mushrooms, coffee with cream, and later on a piece of chicken with skin on, and plain avo with salt and pepper. Supper was more chicken with mixed veg of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in a white sauce. And coffee with Brandt late that evening. Rocco offered me his oats and chocolate cookie from Lego (he dislikes oats), and I said no with a smile. I just didn't want it.

Water 750ml< : Very cold and rainy the whole day, so under 1 bottle of water.

Sleep <21h30: Late - maybe around 23h00, because B and I were looking up labour law, domestic workers law, etc. We're having an issue with a local labour inspector.

Summary: Thursday

Bible study: not

Exercises: Yes! The whole lot as set out in the beginning. Basically double what I've been doing till now. Yes, I'm quite chuffed.

Dry fire: -

Food < 1.35kg (2.976Lb -> 3Lbs): Ate 900g again, because that is how it worked out for the day. Did feel a bit lean most of the day, but not hungry or ravenous as such. Couldn't finish my piece of pork chop last night, did however devour the fried brinjals! I need a bit more veg. Had chicken mayo sandwich for lunch, with avo. The normal 2 eggs and some leftover veg in white sauce for breakfast. A bit too much coffee with cream during the day, due to stress/being worked up.

Water 750ml< : 1 bottle + for the day.

Sleep <21h30: Only just over. Slept through! Woke up during the night, but fell asleep again.

Bureaucrats!

Spoiler

Our neighbours and us are having an issue with a specific labour inspector who is harassing our workers and us. He can't seem to accept that we are abiding by the law, and actually doing more than what is required, and that our domestic and garden help are happy and content. They've been hounding us with phone calls, demanding private information over the phone which we aren't allowed to give (laws on private information in our constitution), and then got angry because "you are not doing what I tell you to" and is now "out to get us doing wrong" (his own words to me over the phone). Anyway... B and I double checked and we are really innocent in this regard, and we informed T and E who work for us, what this guy is aloud to ask for, and what not. So they refused to give him information as well, and that stoked the fire even more.

The whole issue is with our gardener E, who wants to be paid on a monthly basis, which we complied with, and wrote it up thusly in the contract, and this guy insists that he be paid weekly, (insisted on seeing bank statements, and then wanted private information about pension plans and savings, which he has no right to ask for). Then he tried to "nail" us for not paying our gardener, thus withholding money from gardener on purpose! And he did the same to our neighbours, where the gardener is also working.

But luckily for us, the neighbour is a policeman, and is currently studying law application to get a promotion at work... And as such had been working through (amongst other SA laws) labour law this year! And we are definitely in the clear. The guy from labour dept. is seeing him today, and us on Monday. The two men are ready and even more worked up than I am.

Our gardener went to see the labour guy at his office yesterday, and as is his right, told the guy to stop harassing him, and stop interfering with his payment and work. He wants to be paid monthly - as the law says he can. The guy had to concede as this "argument" was held in front of co-workers in the offices, but then he continued to phone E after the meeting. E is going to talk to the policeman next door today, and just maybe going to lay a charge of harassment against this man. Yesterday I had to try and calm T down because the guy had been phoning her in the evenings as well, asking her to lay complaints against us and the neighbours, that she wasn't being treated fairly or nicely. T refused.

It has been very stressful for all of us, and I had a moment of doubt there whether I've read the laws correctly and are doing the right things with regards to payslips, leave, etc. but I'm totally in the clear. I did send in a complaint about this guy to a "Labourwise" company, and am waiting for a reply from them.

Otherwise... things are just peachy.

image.png.a5059f50b3eb6c1e4eafc982ad015af8.png

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

That sounds awful about the labour inspector. I hope that he leaves you guys alone very soon.

Indeed. Can you complain to the inspector's superiors?

• Like 2

Wow, that sounds stressful. Woohoo for being able to do all the exercises!

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

9 hours ago, annyshay said:

That sounds awful about the labour inspector. I hope that he leaves you guys alone very soon.

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Indeed. Can you complain to the inspector's superiors?

I told mil tonight, as she also has a lot to do with the labour dept in her town, and she also said we are not doing anything wrong, and I was within my full rights refusing to give out private information. She also suggested we contact this man's manager. Brandt said if the guy doesn't come to see us on Monday, he is definitely taking it up with the manager. As luck would have it, the man who drove down with mil, is a private consultant in exactly this: labour relations. Brandt and his mom knows him well. She said he loves these kinds of things, and would relish handling an incident like this. His position (although in another city) carries a lot of weight. Brandt wants to discuss it with him tomorrow evening. From the way I know him, he'll probably tackle this guy personally on Monday morning, and he has the authority, experience and knowledge to make it count.

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Wow, that sounds stressful. Woohoo for being able to do all the exercises!

It was good to get a nice hard workout in. I'm also chuffed that I seemed to have retained my muscle strength.

I couldn't walk this afternoon. There's been some incidences in the neighbourhood, so Brandt said he would prefer if I just walk up and down the street like usual, if I don't want to go out somewhere, but definitely not in the veld. Then mil and M arrived a lot earlier than we first anticipated, so I never went for the walk.

--------------------------------------------------

Mil brought the usual biltong, dry wors, biscuits (cookies) and rusks along. I had a handful (about 5max) cookies. It was delicious. I'll probably be a bit quiet over the weekend with everything going on. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I told mil tonight, as she also has a lot to do with the labour dept in her town, and she also said we are not doing anything wrong, and I was within my full rights refusing to give out private information. She also suggested we contact this man's manager. Brandt said if the guy doesn't come to see us on Monday, he is definitely taking it up with the manager. As luck would have it, the man who drove down with mil, is a private consultant in exactly this: labour relations. Brandt and his mom knows him well. She said he loves these kinds of things, and would relish handling an incident like this. His position (although in another city) carries a lot of weight. Brandt wants to discuss it with him tomorrow evening. From the way I know him, he'll probably tackle this guy personally on Monday morning, and he has the authority, experience and knowledge to make it count.

tenor.gif?itemid=6107199

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/20/2018 at 6:15 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

tenor.gif?itemid=6107199

I spoke to M and he also said we have to report this guy to his manager as soon as possible. He says all our stuff is 100% and we are actually doing more for the people who work for us than we legally have to.

Cycling race went well. The boys even played in the water, which was luke warm while the air was freezing cold. We had a good day so far, but I'm tired. Was up at 3h30am to get things ready, left the house 4h45am, and were back by 12h30. The boys and I walked +-1km from the parking area to the beach, I stood in the shallows for about an hour with a heavy day pack on my back, and then after eating there at a Wimpy, we walked the +-1km back to the car with Brandt, his mom and the friend. I've caught up with cleaning the kitchen, making the beds, and sorting out other stuff. Busy with laundry, and catching up here, but I hear my bed calling for a short snooze :D I'm trying to get Brandt to light the braai, so he can "cook" the meat. Then I only have to do corn on the cob (mielies) and a salad. But I know he is tired and also just wants to sit, so I might grill the meat in the oven.

• Like 6

First off, challenge related: I didn't measure any food over the weekend. I ate mostly right, except for a kiddies waffle with cream at Wimpy, too much coffee, and some cookies. But I didn't over indulge and I think I mostly stayed within my limits. Water was good, sleep was not, but Brandt and I figured out what I need to sleep through the night. It's been working like a charm.

image.png.3c539f45380a0fa3279c19e495883993.png

Summary: Monday

Bible study: No.

Exercises: Yes. Got through the whole set, watched the boys, but they actually went on by themselves.

Dry fire: -

Food < 1.35kg (2.976Lb -> 3Lbs): Didn't weigh, but I'm pretty sure I stayed within the limits. Started weighing again this morning. On Friday morning the scale said 94.1kg, which is the lightest I've been in a couple of months, but I haven't weighed myself since the weekend.

Water 750ml< : 1 bottle + for the day, and now I've misplaced it. I think I left it in the car late yesterday afternoon, after returning from Rocco's dance lesson.

Sleep <21h30: Not getting to bed before 22h00. Have to make a better effort. At least now I'm sleeping through with NOTHING waking me up.

So the Labour Inspector never came to inspect our neighbour's house on Friday, and never came to our house yesterday. Brandt was here, M was here, and the guy was shining in his absence. Brandt phoned him on the number that E gave us, and when he heard who he was talking to, switched to broken Zulu/English and acted like he couldn't speak English properly, neither knew anything about us. Brandt gave his cellphone for E to speak to the guy and E confirmed it was definitely the guy, who wanted to know why E gave his private cell number to us. :D So Mr. Inspector wasn't so high and mighty after all. I phoned various offices to try and speak to his manager, but no one answered anywhere. We're not sure whether to pursue this or not. Maybe this guy got enough of a fright?

Our lawnmower finally decided that it will blow a bearing and not work anymore, just as the growing season starts. Had to take it in yesterday, and will probably hear the verdict today. There was also a group of people from Stats South Africa, doing the rounds with thick survey forms. They mainly concentrated on the political issues and people's feelings with regards to the current situation in the country. Right at the end she told me in summary that no matter who she spoke to, no matter the race, the social standing (poor, rich, living in rural areas, in the city), everyone felt the same: the country can stand up and stand strong, people are trying to make things work, and have no major issues with each other, IF WE HAD A DIFFERENT GOVERNMENT. The Gov. is breaking everything down that the people are trying to build, and the majority are sick and tired of it. The majority don't agree with what the government is doing and planning, but don't know how to stop them.

I also "saved" her from a cow that had followed her as she walked from house to house along the road :D I just said "shoe!" very loudly and it moved away to greener grass :D

This week I need to buckle down and plan Adam's birthday party. Nothing big, but he wants an Indoraptor theme. We might be hunting them through the garden. Adam wants me to form a flat 2D cake of this thing's head. He says if I can make a cake look like Scooby Doo, I can make it look like an Indoraptor. He has more faith in my abilities than I do.

image.png.00d205076d69bfa92f584c8318c15168.png

We're walking with Brandt again today, and we have to test out how to fasten the sleeping bags and mats to the boys' backpacks. B bought a pack of ??? (can't remember the name now - stretch bands with hooks on the end to fasten things with?) which I'll try today. I'm also going to put my sleeping bag and mat in the big rucksack, and walk with that.

Our Nature Club is visiting the Sharks Board this Thursday. They found a small dead shark in the nets and will be keeping it to dissect for the group. This visit will only be for two hours, and afterwards the group will be going to the beach for some sun, beach and surf! And a picnic.

This Saturday is a rally that Brandt will be taking part in. The organisers arranged for a big family outing, with jumping castles, play areas, food stalls, seating, etc. So we'll be going along to watch B race. I might get that lap in the back of the car when he has to familiarise himself with the track. Then the evening is the dinner and prize giving event. Sunday is club shoot day.

And now we have to start with school work for the day.

• Like 5

Hey Elize, just catching up. I really hope the inspector clears the hell off soon. I'd still report him though. You've stood up to him, but what if there are others less sure of their rights and responsibilities that he's harassing?

The walks with the boys sounds amazing, have fun!

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

He says if I can make a cake look like Scooby Doo, I can make it look like an Indoraptor. He has more faith in my abilities than I do.

Take a Scooby Doo cake, turn it green and add sharp meanicing teeth? :D I've no idea what I'm talking about but good luck! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24