Greetings from the Abyss

Hello new nerd friends.  I'm new to the boards, new to nerd fitness, and new to fitness in general.  

I'm here to change my life.  To level up.  Total transformation.    

I've already made the change to my nutrition.  Approaching it as a lifestyle change is key, it seems.  I do miss the sugar and higher carbs, but I'm viewing that as being similar to how I miss smoking cigarettes.  It isn't that I miss it, it's that I'm addicted, and the addiction tricks me into thinking I like them.  And if there's anything I can't stand, it's being ruled by my pea sized reptile brain. 

Goal: I want to be Batman.  Or Wolverine.  Deadpool.  Any of those guys.  Mostly Batman though.  Ripped at 11% body fat (currently around 17%), and strong throughout, flexible, and able to walk on my hands about as well as I walk on my feet.  I just need to find out where he gets those wonderful toys.

So, I'm Adventurer class.  Why?  Because I want to do all the things.  Each one will be its own adventure.  Plus I love hiking, camping, and general adventuring.  And Custom Class name wasn't an option. Else I'd be, well, Batman.  Duh.  

How I'll get to my goal:  I'm on a lower carb diet while cutting body fat.  I hit about 20% carbs, and 40% for protein and fat.  I cut carbs in half on non-training days and leave the rest alone, basically. 

For exercise, I'm lifting high weight, low reps, moderate sets, mostly on full body lifts, three days a week. Another three days I do bodyweight training focusing on slightly higher reps, with regressions as needed(due to heavier workouts on the previous day.)  If I haven't hiked or walked enough in a week, I might throw in a T25 workout. 

My plan comes from everything I've read, boiled down to the most logical and scientifically sound.  As it happens, Nerd Fitness appears to recommend much of what I'm doing, and they don't sell supplements, so I decided to make this my homebase.

So, I think I'm on my way, but I'd like a little community and a good place for advice and knowledge sharing, so here I am. 

I love learning new things, so if you have advice, criticism, general tips, or whatever, feel free!   I'm REALLY not sure that I know what I'm doing.  I might sound like I know what I'm talking about, and I hope I actually do, but I have NEVER considered any aspect of my diet, and I have never voluntarily exercised(though basic training was one of my favorite parts of being in the military.)

In fact, here's my current working, training document.  Feel free to view, comment, copy, whatever.  I find it useful.  I call it The Plan.  

So, greetings stranger; let's be friends.  

• Like 3

View and comment on my Working Training Plan.

Who is Renatus Aurelius?

My Introduction.

Hi friend, and well met. Good choice of target/role models. I can tell by your worksheet that you already have the computer/technologically assisted part of being the Goddam' Batman pulled off (love the name of the weight training tab, by the way).

Not much advice or tips to give, here. You seem to, indeed, be on your way. I wish you the tenacity to stick with it. Keep at it, be inspired and inspire us.

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Welcome!

Looks like you've already got things under control. KUTGW!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

6 hours ago, Jean said:

... (love the name of the weight training tab, by the way)...

Thanks.  Haha, yeah, I need to get that done. Tomorrow.  It's been a day, I swear I'm not procrastinating.

5 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Welcome!

Looks like you've already got things under control. KUTGW!

Thanks!  I hope I do, but, that's also why I'm here.  I've done everything on my own so far and can only assume I've got some of it right, but I'm always looking for pointers(though I'm not at all a fan of null pointers(ewww(nerd joke!)).)

• Like 1

View and comment on my Working Training Plan.

Who is Renatus Aurelius?

My Introduction.