• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jenglish

Jenglish Copperfield Blackstone Dresden

OK, so last challenge essentially didnt get tracked.  I will just summarize that as my lifting slacked, my runs lagged the last two weeks, I stopped even attempting to track.  So I got heavier and had a terrible 13.1 time.  But I got through it. 

Image result for why do we fall bruce gif

So despite this topic probably having few gifs, my new challenge starts today with a theme of Harry Copperfield Blackstone Dresden!

image.jpeg.3ede00d9559aafb04e29cecacf08b738.jpeg

Part one:

Time in the lab.  Making potions is very precise.  So I need to work with Bob the Skull (myfitnesspal) to track my ingredients more closely. Log food daily.  If I miss.  Make it up.  Not pressing the measuring yet just get back to logging.

part 2: The winter mantle

The awesome power of the Mantle of the WInter Knight needs to be harnessed.  This strength must learn to be managed.  So lift weights 4x/week,  Still dialing in program

Part 3: preparing for the Nevernever:

One must never brave the dangers of the Nevernever unprepared.  I must learn the ways better and prepare to defend myself.  I'm hiking part of the AT and Standing Indian loop in Nantahala in November.  Spend at least 15 minutes twice a week planning or preparing.  I have done almost nothing.  The hubris of unprepared hikes has previously left me lost, wet, out of food with silver dollar sized blood blisters.  

Part 4: The summoning circle must be unbroken.

Nothing lets beings of spirit loose like physical matter breaking the summoning circle.  So I need to spend 10 minutes a night cleaning or other adulting since I am way adult and not aging like a wizard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenglish said:

One must never brave the dangers of the Nevernever unprepared.  I must learn the ways better and prepare to defend myself.  I'm hiking part of the AT and Standing Indian loop in Nantahala in November.  Spend at least 15 minutes twice a week planning or preparing.  I have done almost nothing.  The hubris of unprepared hikes has previously left me lost, wet, out of food with silver dollar sized blood blisters.  

I hear the lecter specters are particularly useful this time of year.

23 hours ago, Grumble said:

I hear the lecter specters are particularly useful this time of year.

I actually found the treatment of ghosts to be very odd in the series.  Still one of my favorites series and it keeps getting better

51 minutes ago, jenglish said:

I actually found the treatment of ghosts to be very odd in the series.  Still one of my favorites series and it keeps getting better

How far in are you?

OK, Day 1

Squat 145 5x5

Bench 115 5x5

cable p/d 90 5x5

cable row 90 5x5

I did get 3 lifts in 0 week.  I did squats on Friday morning for the first time since taking a week off after the half marathon.  Even though last week was 0 week I'm still going to try to go back and do food log for the weekend

I have been adulting but I do need to start being mindful of it and tracking it. I didn't clean a whole lot over the weekend but I put locks on the bar cabinets, fixed a hanging bar in my younges sons closet, cleaned the utility room and moved my squat rack, cleaned under the sink and organized chemicals, moved some of my composting from the bucket at back door to a larger recepticle and cleaned out the baking cabinet.

• Like 1

Part one: Just played catch up so this one is limping along.

part 2: The winter mantle: Didn't set the alarm this morning so I am at 2/4 but can still do it tonight and in the morning

1/2 hike planning but will have time to catch up tomorrow

Part 4: The summoning circle must be unbroken.

haven't been tracking this as well.  I would say 4x this week so far

I only did squats this morning but I am counting it for one this week

Last week I hit my 4 if I count spending 1.5 hours in a climbing gym.  I'm sore enough that I say it counts

Still failing on the planning hike

Still doing part 4 but must be more mindful