• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Harriet

Harriets Year of Energy: Act II

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Thank you for internet hug :)
In fact I do have a friend who has complained about her lack of hips/butt, the things I have an abundance of. 

Lol, yes, there are plenty of men who never think twice about whether they're good enough. I think it's changing a little as advertisers are realising they can create and profit from body insecurity in men, as well. Two wrongs, eh? My mood is returning to normal, now that I'm away from the evil mirrors. I guess I should be patient and happy, and know that lifting and diet will continue making small positive changes to my figure.

Yes! Staying away from mirrors is my motto! I've noticed that since I only have one small bathroom mirror, I've been thinking about my appearance a whole lot less and it's pretty liberating! (yay for internet shopping that doesn't involve any mirrors! doesn't work for every garment, but still yay!)

• Like 1

a couple of my favorite things to remember is that our bodies are part of nature and we value the different ways nature looks in it's unobscured state. we would never say this flower is ugly because it looks different from another. the second thing is to remember who benefits and profits from our "bad feelings" about our bodies? the answer is a multi-billion dollar diet industry. not ourselves or our friends or family or nerds <3

i actually love skinny stretchy denim but have spent (and returned) thousands of dollars trying to find something that is comfortable. i try to overcome the feeling that "my body doesn't look good in this type of pant" with remembering why i have been taught to think that. it's hard. excruciatingly so. but you are not alone and we can do our best to relearn the lies that stem from "my body is wrong"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nol said:

Yes! Staying away from mirrors is my motto! I've noticed that since I only have one small bathroom mirror, I've been thinking about my appearance a whole lot less and it's pretty liberating! (yay for internet shopping that doesn't involve any mirrors! doesn't work for every garment, but still yay!)

Yeah, internet shopping is especially useful if you're picky about colours. I hate how, every time we walk into a classy menswear section, there's a boatload of neutral and desaturated complex colours. Then in the women's section it's either hard black or super bright fashion colours. Same for the cuts and styles--the mens' will be mostly classic stuff, the women's will include a few classic pieces and lots and lots and lots of experimental weird fashion stuff. Then my husband is like "See, this is a great store" and he'll hold up a classy sweater with a heathered navy yarn and I'll be left holding some bright pink confection with a cutout at the back and sleeves that hit at a weird angle. 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

a couple of my favorite things to remember is that our bodies are part of nature and we value the different ways nature looks in it's unobscured state. we would never say this flower is ugly because it looks different from another. the second thing is to remember who benefits and profits from our "bad feelings" about our bodies? the answer is a multi-billion dollar diet industry. not ourselves or our friends or family or nerds <3

i actually love skinny stretchy denim but have spent (and returned) thousands of dollars trying to find something that is comfortable. i try to overcome the feeling that "my body doesn't look good in this type of pant" with remembering why i have been taught to think that. it's hard. excruciatingly so. but you are not alone and we can do our best to relearn the lies that stem from "my body is wrong"

Thank you for the lovely cartoon. It's true I have never berated a mountain range for being the wrong size :D

On 11/16/2018 at 6:56 AM, Gemma said:

"She never did find that perfect pair of pants. Turns out, she doesn't like pants. She likes dresses." I'm going to go see if I can find that in case you are interested.

Maybe I should start wearing kilts. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grumble said:

Maybe I should start wearing kilts. 

Dress for power, my friend. Dress your truth. And don't stop to check how it looks in the mirror. That's what I learned.

• Like 3

End of Challenge Reflection:

Oh, sod. The last three weeks were kind of rubbish because of feeling sick with a cold. Now we're in an airbnb to escape the air in the Bay Area and I feel even more tired and unmotivated than ever. I told myself I was going to do meditation and bodyweight exercises. But I hate bodyweight exercises, and I skipped the meditation because I've been waking up groggy and unmotivated every day. I haven't even been eating properly. My spouse loves travelling, but I'm a house cat who doesn't like being removed from my favourite cardboard box. I'm not motivated to shop and cook when I'm taken out of my natural habitat. I've just been eating tea and protein bars because I don't feel hungry and I got sick from eating eggs again. WTF eggs??? The only good thing is I've been doing my writing homework. Oh, and I did one brave thing. I agreed to drive our rental car. It's been years--like 8 years or so--since I drove, and I was worried about getting flustered and forgetting something important. But it's fine. Even driving on the right side is okay for me. So I opened up a new ability tree which should be helpful.

So, in terms of quests, I failed at cardio and cleaning the house (I blame the cold), and mostly succeeded at reading/writing a little each day and meditation every day (apart from the last few days). I'm in a not very good place terms of habits right now. Not sure if my lethargy is caused by travelling or illness, but I assume I'll get back to normal when we return home.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so unwell. I hope your body manages to reset and recharge a bit while you're by the sea.

tenor.gif?itemid=7266476

Nonetheless, congratulations on finishing another challenge! :D

And you've been writing consistently, that's amazing!!!

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 1:56 PM, Nol said:

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so unwell. I hope your body manages to reset and recharge a bit while you're by the sea.

tenor.gif?itemid=7266476

Nonetheless, congratulations on finishing another challenge! :D

And you've been writing consistently, that's amazing!!!

Thank you. Still challenging with the druids?