• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Katerina

2nd Challenge

On 11/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, Gemma said:

say this specifically as the woman who tried to figure out low bar back squat by reading books about it for two years before breaking down and hiring a trainer - which gave said trainer a big large impressive pile of form problems to help me correct!

Yep, that's what I am trying to avoid.  :)

So the trainer and I hit it off perfectly today. We are going to get along just fine. (I'll be meeting with him weekly for 5 weeks.) I had a couple of minor form errors, but it wasn't too terrible. Still, better to fix it now. I had been trying to go by the books, too. That's hard to do because there's so much to think about.

Then, this afternoon I was playing with my neighbor's dogs (I live in the Midwest; it was snowing lightly today, much to the dogs' delight.), and I took a spill running across a field with one of them. I sprained a muscle pretty good. So yeah, I have to take it easy this week. :( Worth it, but I am annoyed at having consequences for my actions.

• Like 2

Excellent news about the trainer. It's a great idea, and something I should probably do, too. I learned all my form from youtube. I did read a book but there were very long explanations of mechanics and lever arms that were far less illustrative than just a video of someone doing it right.

Sorry about the sprain, and I hope it's only a minor thing that heals in a week. But yay for puppies in snow! 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf199e57166587859

• Like 1

Ok, so wrap up reflection. . .

Overall goal: I have, since September, lost about 5 pounds. The body composition quest is a long term one, but I have made at least a little progress.

Task 1: Daily movement has been generally good. I think I will keep this as part of my next challenge, though. I would score myself a 6.5-7/10 here. Some of this has been weird schedule stuff, but I can do better. 

Task 2: My appetite seems to be somewhat less haywire. There are still some variances, but at least now it seems fairly predictable. (This keeps me from freaking out on ALL THE FOOD days. I had been very worried about undoing progress even though the CONTENT of what I eat is generally good.) The faithfulness to the higher protein absolutely helps, and trying to not eat until 930-10 in the morning drives me to drink more water.

Task 3: Learning the ropes in the weight room is a work in progress. I am happy that my starting form isn't really bad, but this task will also carry over. I think switching gyms and buying myself a few sessions with a trainer is going to be hugely helpful as s*it gets real the next few weeks. :) (Btw, this is through my park district which keeps the cost from getting really nuts. Some of the name brand gyms. . .omg! Too rich for my blood.) I learned a lot over the past few weeks, so I am pleased there, but I know I still have a lot to learn. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:59 AM, Harriet said:

But yay for puppies in snow!

Yeah, they're pitties. Watching them cavort makes me laugh. :) The best is when they're cuddly afterwards because Baby, it's cold outside! :)