• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rab397

Rab397: Welcome to the jungle

I have been gone for quite some time and in this time everything decayed. My health went down, my joints hurt more, i got got heavier and my eaing habbits got worse. All in all i need help.
In order to do this i decided to rejoin nerd Fitness and start doing everything from level 1 again. So that is where i am right now.

• Like 1

Welcome back...I completely relate to what you're going through, I haven't been doing what I've committed in challenges and have the same issues. Looking forward to changing that this time around and providing encouragement should you want or need that :D 

• Like 1

I could defintly use some encouragement! one of my things is that i need to be held accountable by others. Not checking in on me, but asking how things are going. So you are more than welcome!

So i am adding the folowing concept to my goal. Don't eat Crap. I think i took this from @deftona. it is a simple idea and doesn't rely on a specific diet, or concept like calorie counting.It is based on the ground that when you eat whole non processed foods you get more nutrients and feel fuller, thus have to eat less. So what does this mean for me. Cutting down on processed meals, candies, sodas. I can basically eat most things as long as they are not heavily processed like candies, fastfood, ready to eat meals.

I consider products like bread, which are processed, okay though as long as it is a a whole grain variety. These are considered low processed foods for me. It is all somewhat relative but it is a start. For everyday i do not eat like crap, i earn a crap point. These crap points can be used to sometimes allow myself a crap treat. 5 crap points allow 1 crap thing, like crisps or chocolate. This in order to keep it doable.

In order to get the metabolism going i am also setting a walking goal. 5 times a week at least half an hour. Bonus points if i get to the gym!

Feedback would be appreciated

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deftona said:

I meant with your teaching :) 

i am sort of qualified. There are 2 parts to it. An "knowledge test" and a "Finishing internship with a graduate research" i passed the knowledge test so i am allowed to teach all by myself and now i still have to graduate. I am working on the graduation part now. I work at a second vocational education school where i teach citizenship. This is also where i will be doing my graduate research.

34 minutes ago, Shello said:

Welcome back, Rab!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you :)

• Like 1

So time for an update.
I did not earn my crap points today because wehn i got home we ordered pizza. Besides that i had a great day, no soda, no crisps, no sweets and only homemade or wholewheat products.
Walking my patrol was a fun thing to do today. The weather was nice and my body felt better than a week ago.

Since i have been away for a while i decided to everyday share something with you guys that happened in the time of my absence.
The first big thing that happened is that i got my drivers license and bought my first car! I bought a red peugeot 306 plus from 1994. So far i have been in love with this car, it is in great shape drives like an angel and is actually somewhat eco friendly in terms of mileage. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, Rab397 said:

The first big thing that happened is that i got my drivers license and bought my first car!

That's wonderful! Congrats to you on that!

On 10/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, Rab397 said:

I did not earn my crap points today because wehn i got home we ordered pizza. Besides that i had a great day, no soda, no crisps, no sweets and only homemade or wholewheat products.
Walking my patrol was a fun thing to do today. The weather was nice and my body felt better than a week ago.

Depending on what type of pizza it can be good. You have your bread, veggies, and protein. Granted it's probably not the best but not the worst thing either by far!

• Like 1