• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Machete

Machete Reloads From Last Saved Game

Death2

I was on a bit of a roll with the previous challenge, but I had a random encounter with the depressions, and before I knew it, it's almost the end of the month. No training, no reading, no writing, no lifting, no hygiene. I even forgot what color my toothbrush is.

Welp, reload and tackle this challenge again. I'll be seeing the doc this week to see if we can adjust anything.

On a plus side, I've been getting a lot of training lately. Impostor syndrome is kicking in, insisting that this will not last. Whatever. I'll just provide the best service I can and worry about the future when the bills start to suffocate me again.

The Rule of Three

Focusing on too many things is focusing on nothing. I end up looking for small fires to put out rather than addressing the huge ones right in front of me, burning my eyebrows off. Before bed I will write down three things I need done the following day--that's it. The three will be priorities that must be completed that day, and the other shit won't matter.

A Morning Routine

Unless I do something dumb, my wake-up routine is pretty much the same--check social media for more time than necessary, brew some coffee and Fallout Shelter, and check my HRV. Also pretty dumb. For the next four weeks I'm going to try a better 30-min routine. No social media until everything is done. HRV check, dogs taken out to pee, and 30 minutes of reading a book (which may later turn into writing). Nothing too crazy, but it's shit that has to be done, but I'm not prioritizing. (I will probably gradually add more things as we go.)

I'll add training every day to the quest list, so it's three.

======================================================================================================================

MONDAY

> laundry

> grocery

> meal prep

TUESDAY

> jiu-jitsu

WEDNESDAY

> VA appointment

> jiu-jitsu

THURSDAY

> meal prep

> dishes

> Skyrim

FRIDAY

> wake up early

> VA appt

SATURDAY

> jiu-jitsu

> curriculum

> snatch

SUNDAY

> early wake-up and work

> shoot videos

> oil change

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Machete said:

SATURDAY

> YMCA

Same. I will nag you when I get there. :D 

Glad you are back again. Something seems to be working because I feel like you are totally posting more on social media these days?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Glad you are back again. Something seems to be working because I feel like you are totally posting more on social media these days?

Yeah, I did a course on growing one's Instagram, and it was mostly basic stuff done consistently for a long time. Posting 3-4 times a day and using IG Stories is pretty much my "showing up." The comments and the likes are still sporadic, and I haven't figured out IGTV yet. Then there's the infographics that I need to start making. Getting there. The Facebook has been largely neglected though.

• Like 1

Noticed that one of your goals is to write down the three big things you need to accomplish, that's one of my goals too. I get too distracted withy too many little things. I sort of worked on it last month and it helped .

• Like 1

I started experimenting with writing down 3 things too - but I'm finding myself writing down the small fires rather than the big fires which might negate the point haha :P 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 12:18 AM, Elastigirl said:

Noticed that one of your goals is to write down the three big things you need to accomplish, that's one of my goals too. I get too distracted withy too many little things. I sort of worked on it last month and it helped .

On 10/23/2018 at 3:03 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I started experimenting with writing down 3 things too - but I'm finding myself writing down the small fires rather than the big fires which might negate the point haha :P 

Yeah, it's a long process of trying to find what my biggest priorities are. I may narrow t down to one eventually. If anything I'm limiting myself to fighting 3 fires at a time. My living room is still a damn mess.

Past 3 days haven't gone exactly as planned, but I have been keeping up the morning routine of meditating and reading. And I've been back in jiu-jitsu. Small steps. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I struggled with that a bit this week. I guess at least it's good practice in prioritizing

• Like 1

MONDAY

> grocery

> laundry

> train

TUESDAY

> school shit

WEDNESDAY

> meal prep

THURSDAY

> budget

> payroll audit

> werk

FRIDAY

> werk

> dishes

SATURDAY

> werk

> jiu-jitsu

> birthday party

SUNDAY

> work early

Morning routine wasn't hit today. Woke up too late. I'll get on it tomorrow.

1. Meditate

2. HRV and dogs as I brew the coffee

3. 30 minutes of reading Free+style

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Machete said:

TUESDAY

> oil

I think my brain has shut down. When I read "oil" my mind went, in order of priority: 1. baby oil for greasing up body, 2. cooking oil, 3. car oil. 

5 dragons down is pretty sweet!

On 10/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I think my brain has shut down. When I read "oil" my mind went, in order of priority: 1. baby oil for greasing up body, 2. cooking oil, 3. car oil. 

Maybe it's both...

Image result for the transporter oil gif

On 10/29/2018 at 12:11 PM, Mad Hatter said:

5 dragons down is pretty sweet!

Image result for two dragons gif

My body has been refusing to move all week. I've been able to get some jiu-jitsu and half-assed meditation in, but everything else has largely been left neglected. More to follow.

Hey mister. I'm happy to hear you're getting a few things in where you can! Imposter syndrome is possibly my biggest foe. I've been listening to a lot of lectures and TEDs and stuff on it lately, trying to harness it all in :abnormal: FWIW I super hard believe in you, however long it takes <3 

On 10/22/2018 at 1:36 PM, Sylvaa said:

omg please tell me ya'll are getting some training in? Jealz!

• Like 1

MONDAY

> grocery

> laundry

> research

TUESDAY

> vote

> jiu-jitsu

> bathe dogs

WEDNESDAY

> food

> snatch

THURSDAY

FRIDAY

> snatch

SATURDAY

> living room

> car

> bathroom

SUNDAY

> snatch

• Like 1

Man, I'm sorry to hear the weasels got you. :(

But it looks like you're getting 'em back, and that's about all you can ask for.

Glad to hear that you're identifying the big things and not sweating the small stuff.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedStone said:

omg please tell me ya'll are getting some training in? Jealz!

Alas, no, I was just thinking virtually. I was down his way this summer, but we slacked and did not do a meet up. Maybe 2019.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 9:16 PM, RedStone said:

Hey mister. I'm happy to hear you're getting a few things in where you can! Imposter syndrome is possibly my biggest foe. I've been listening to a lot of lectures and TEDs and stuff on it lately, trying to harness it all in :abnormal: FWIW I super hard believe in you, however long it takes <3 

Links?

On 11/5/2018 at 2:02 PM, Kishi said:

Man, I'm sorry to hear the weasels got you. :(

But it looks like you're getting 'em back, and that's about all you can ask for.

Glad to hear that you're identifying the big things and not sweating the small stuff.

Haha. Damn, weasels

I've got a 3-day streak on Headspace, so it's looking good. Showing up. Next benchmark is 10.

On 11/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, Sylvaa said:

Alas, no, I was just thinking virtually. I was down his way this summer, but we slacked and did not do a meet up. Maybe 2019.

Yeah, Orlando trips tend to be more hectic than vacation-y. I think out of the countless friends who have made their way down here I've met up with a total of 2. Haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Machete said:

Yeah, Orlando trips tend to be more hectic than vacation-y. I think out of the countless friends who have made their way down here I've met up with a total of 2. Haha

I actually like my Orlando trips, but then again, I just do a lot of hanging out and not a lot of being commercial. Next trip, we should get Bubble tea (did you ever try out that place?!).

Also, I told my brother about the gym you work at. I'm hoping he'll get it together and maybe start going.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Machete said:

Links?

This is the one I started with, and it sent me down a rabbit hole including this one and then this playlist. My coach has me looking into Brene Brown and I'm waiting for my copy of Braving The Wilderness to arrive, one of her (apparently many) books celebrating vulnerability and it's potentially positive role in our lives. It seems to be one of my biggest roadblocks emotionally.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Machete said:

10 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I actually like my Orlando trips, but then again, I just do a lot of hanging out and not a lot of being commercial. Next trip, we should get Bubble tea (did you ever try out that place?!).

Same. We only end up there to visit Mr Red's childhood beastie, and the parks and stuff aren't part of that anymore, now that the Jaws ride closed. (He was a proud skipper, apparently quite a community that dissolved there!)

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 10:00 AM, Sylvaa said:

I have not. Thanks for reminding me. Haha

On 11/7/2018 at 10:10 AM, RedStone said:

This is the one I started with, and it sent me down a rabbit hole including this one and then this playlist. My coach has me looking into Brene Brown and I'm waiting for my copy of Braving The Wilderness to arrive, one of her (apparently many) books celebrating vulnerability and it's potentially positive role in our lives. It seems to be one of my biggest roadblocks emotionally.

Celebrating vulnerability? For me, maybe. I don't know, I feel like I'm being ostentatious when I dwell on it. Maybe I get uncomfortable with some people's reactions to it too.  I don't think I have it in me to make my page to be a mental health journey page; I want dank memes.

• Like 1

Dank memes are totally a valid substitute for mental health.

I mean, it's up to you. It's only as ostentatious as you make it. Frankly, I think if more people understood the connection between physical and mental health, it'd be a very different world. Maybe you could be a part of planting to seeds to make that world, if you're comfy doing so.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, Kishi said:

Dank memes are totally a valid substitute for mental health.

I mean, it's up to you. It's only as ostentatious as you make it. Frankly, I think if more people understood the connection between physical and mental health, it'd be a very different world. Maybe you could be a part of planting to seeds to make that world, if you're comfy doing so.

This was actually just what I was listening to yesterday. I actually might. I did post on the IG Stories and got quite a lot of feedback from it, though I don't necessarily enjoy it sometimes. Haha

===================================================================================

I'm going to try to get it together this week, as it's the last. Been having to deal with work schedule changes, SSRI withdrawal and adjustment to new meds. Most things have been largely neglected in favor of busywork and wallowing. The morning ritual has fallen-off the rails. I'll try to do better.

MONDAY

> open up the gym

> Eat

> Call bank

TUESDAY

> call bank

> car

> dishes

WEDNESDAY

> grocery

THURSDAY

> OTA