Quest of Days and Years

Lady Amezan

Last month was my first NF 4-week challenge and now I'm looking for a guild. I figure I'm more a druid than anything else, though this particular quest is more about general health than any special druid magic.

I've had a bad cold the last few days so I don't feel inspired or excited about the new 4WC, but today's Day 1, so I'm at least going to post my goals here. Hopefully I'll have more energy for writing as the month goes on!

Quests:

1. Calories in: Substitute no-cal beverages for high-cal drinks at work AND at home. This means in addition to keeping up last month's habit (no sweet drinks at work) I'm going to stop drinking beer in the evenings at home after work. I can still have a drink when I'm out with friends, but I want to eliminate the occasional lone weeknight beer. 

2. Calories out: Get some physical activity every day. This is one where I slacked a bit as last month went on. And today I totally want to skip this because I feel like crap. So I'm not sure what I'll do today. But I know I need some activity every day.

3. Mindful eating: Last month I made big improvements in mindful eating by cutting out screens (TV and phone) from meals. But this habit is really hard to keep up so I'm putting it here again, and extending it to general mindfulness while eating. 

4. Life stuff: Meditate 10 minutes each morning.  This summer I had a really strong meditation habit, but I slacked during September, and I need to get back into it.

That's it for now. Too many aches and pains. I hope everyone else is feeling well! Have a good challenge!

2060878723_cheercat.gif.edf87836c101030de261349382e9de31.gif

• Like 2

"Believe that a further shore is reachable from here." --Seamus Heaney

My character sheet

14 hours ago, Lady Amezan said:

Calories out: Get some physical activity every day. This is one where I slacked a bit as last month went on. And today I totally want to skip this because I feel like crap. So I'm not sure what I'll do today. But I know I need some activity every day.

I'd maybe just rest if you're sick, but if you really want to exercise, maybe just do something easy, like a short walk?

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

I'm feeling better and made it to work today. My first two challenge days were decent--no physical activity because I was sick, but I did manage to meditate and avoid drinking a ton of high calorie juices (which are so tempting when I'm sick!).

Today I'm having a normal work day and that means doing some proper physical activity when I get home. 

• Like 2

My character sheet

I reached the end of the challenge and I don't feel great about it, but at least I kept records the whole time and I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that!

My challenges:

No-calorie beverages--I achieved this on 75% of days.

Activity--I did much less than during last month's challenge. My goal was daily activity. I did something active on 25% of days. Not great. 

Mindful Eating--I kept track of how many meals I was mindful for. I was mindful for 58%. 

Meditation--In week 2, I decided to write mindful morning pages instead of meditation. I achieved my goal 71% of days.

I feel good about the beverages and the meditation! Activity definitely was my weakness this month. 

Because I've been tracking things and thinking about my health I noticed that I get a ton of headaches. Often I get home from work with a headache and I pretty much go straight to bed instead of working towards my goals. So I've got a book about headache elimination to read, and maybe I should set a goal of exercising some but not every day, since there will definitely be days I want to go to bed as soon as I get home. Maybe I should just aim to exercise on the days I don't have headaches.

I hope everyone else had a great challenge! I'm trying to get up the energy and motivation for another one. 

My character sheet