AgentsSka :: Reset

AgentsSka

This might look familiar.  I posted all of this last challenge but it never got off the ground because of a major real life event.

However, I'm back.  I'm committed.  And, I'm ready to run, lift, and burpee my way back to a fit human being.

image.png.c1e584d100aeef183eb7a6c55f1a281a.png

This challenge is all about building the habits necessary to physically get back to where I want to be...

So, let's start with the big goals.

1. Be fit enough to jump into any race (up to a half marathon or Spartan Beast), or other ridiculous adventure, at a moment's notice.
  2. Run a Full tour in under 27 mins.
  3. 100 Burpees in 7 minutes.
  4. Run a sub 19 minute 5K.
  5. Run a sub 1:30 half marathon.
  6. Qualify for the Boston Marathon (aka run a 3:10 marathon).

There are more.  But, you get the idea.

I was very close to a number of those a while ago.  I was certainly at the level of being able to jump into any race or activity I wanted.  I miss that.  That's number one for a reason.

Now, all of those goals feel like they are a million miles from here.  Like it was someone else that was close to achieving all of those.

So... here we are - taking the first steps back to those places.  I'm starting small.  The name of this game will be consistency.

Challenge Goals

1.  Be up at 5:30 am, 5 Days per week.

I'm most successful when I workout in the morning.  I've grown too accustomed to sleeping in and missing that window.  No more.  (Inner monologue: Get the fuck out of bed and get moving!)

2.  Complete 666 pushups during the challenge.

This represents a modest daily pushup challenge starting at 15 per day and working up to 30 per day.  My total came up to 660 pushups when I mapped that out.  But, 666 is just so much cooler.  (Inner monologue: muwhahahahahah)

3.  Run at least 4 days per week.

I'm currently running approximately 0 days per week.  The only way I can get back to where I need to be is by running.  (Inner monologue: So, do it you lazy asshole!)

4.  Post in this thread at least three days per week.

Last challenge, I posted the goals and then never even came back to let peeps know that I had to abandon the goals to take care of ... life.  I know that I need to keep myself honest by posting what I am and what I am not doing.  So post, baby.  Post.

Old Life Goal: Utilize OmniFocus every work day.

I love this software.  But, like my fitness, I had fallen out of practice with it.  The last week or so it's been integrated back to my life and things seem much clearer to me.  Keep it up.

Note:  I have been utilizing this since the last challenge.  I'm going to leave it here to further drive home the habit.

New Life Goal :: Officially start the new business.

Yuuuup.  I've been heading down this path unofficially.  Laying the groundwork, getting my first client/job.  But, I need to become official and register the company, create a website, etc.  So... I'll be doing that during this challenge.  

So, here we go, yo.

• Like 5

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

OH LOOK WHO IT IS (AGAIN)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I'm going to be honest - 5:30 am 5 days per week is simply NOT going to be able to happen this week.  The nights are going to be faaaaarrrr too late because of the late start of the World Series games.

image.png.f9ac5e6c19faa85c1fafc166d0860d13.png

But, the Sox are in it... and I'm absolutely going to watch every pitch (unless I somehow fall asleep in the middle of the game - which has been known to happen.) At any rate, the nights will be far too late to be able to routinely handle the 5:30 wake-up and stay healthy.  So, that goal is pretty much out the window this week.... Which just means I have to really focus on the other ones.

+ Pushups have been completed for yesterday and today.

√ Already posted more than my goal for this week.

+ Running in progress...

• Like 3

After the Dodgers beat my Brewers in 7 games, I'm really hoping the Red Sox give them an ass whoopin'. Let's see how they stack up against a team with a similar payroll.

Anyway, back to the challenge. Hopefully the real life major events are kept to a minimum this go round!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

20 hours ago, AgentsSka said:

I'm going to be honest - 5:30 am 5 days per week is simply NOT going to be able to happen this week.  The nights are going to be faaaaarrrr too late because of the late start of the World Series games.

image.png.f9ac5e6c19faa85c1fafc166d0860d13.png

But, the Sox are in it... and I'm absolutely going to watch every pitch (unless I somehow fall asleep in the middle of the game - which has been known to happen.) At any rate, the nights will be far too late to be able to routinely handle the 5:30 wake-up and stay healthy.  So, that goal is pretty much out the window this week.... Which just means I have to really focus on the other ones.

+ Pushups have been completed for yesterday and today.

√ Already posted more than my goal for this week.

+ Running in progress...

Lame excuse.

@raptron and I missed you this morning.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I am okay with that excuse because it only lasts like a week. ;)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

17 hours ago, jstanlick said:

After the Dodgers beat my Brewers in 7 games, I'm really hoping the Red Sox give them an ass whoopin'. Let's see how they stack up against a team with a similar payroll.

Anyway, back to the challenge. Hopefully the real life major events are kept to a minimum this go round!

I was rooting for the Brewers in the NLCS because eff Machado and the Brewers haven't been there in a while.  But, mostly Machado.  Seriously, screw him.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Fair enough on prioritizing important events :-)

You get it.

52 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Lame excuse.

@raptron and I missed you this morning.

What - no photo proof?

And, just because you don't understand sports ball hardly makes it a lame excuse.

18 minutes ago, raptron said:

I am okay with that excuse because it only lasts like a week. ;)

It is only for this week.  I'll be at the stadium next Wednesday.  #verbal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgentsSka said:

What - no photo proof?

And, just because you don't understand sports ball hardly makes it a lame excuse.

44795332_3790530479224_28389679881770762

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

43 minutes ago, AgentsSka said:

Oh shit.

image.thumb.png.d030b805c3039b0292e8f981581d2126.png

The schedule was off in my head.  Really hope that the Sox can win it in 4 or 5.

But, a verbal is a verbal @RisenPhoenix & @raptron

If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally gave my coworker a verbal yesterday, and bound myself to it, even though she has no idea about the Verbal Culture at all.

Because yea.  A Verbal is a Verbal. :P

• Like 1

Good on the boys to help you keep your commitments. ;) 

Raptron, alot assassin

On 10/24/2018 at 8:44 AM, AgentsSka said:

It is only for this week.  I'll be at the stadium next Wednesday.  #verbal.

So, did ya make it?

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

1 hour ago, jstanlick said:

So, did ya make it?

He did, in fact, make it.

I was somewhat disappointed I didn't get the chance to drag him all over social media for not showing up.  But I guess it was good to see him or whatever.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jstanlick said:

So, did ya make it?

2 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

He did, in fact, make it.

I was somewhat disappointed I didn't get the chance to drag him all over social media for not showing up.  But I guess it was good to see him or whatever.

41 minutes ago, The Tin Man said:

Spoken like a true friend.

All of this.  I had wanted to post the following much earlier, but got pulled into other things.

That feeling when you get when your "friends" (@RisenPhoenix & @raptron) are disappointed to see you at the workout they encouraged you to attend, because they were looking forward to shaming me.

tenor-110433667.gif.5d3243af005752979fd91a33248f48bb.gif

Despite their disappointment.... It took a lot for me to get there today.  I actually owe the lady all the credit.

But, it was - of course - great to be back.

• Like 4