• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverThatBored

[NeverThatBored] Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot NTB

Week 3 Tuesday/Wednesday

I haven't made much progress on those to-dos. I've gotta get on that!

Tuesday I did that yoga video (+2) but didn't get a walk in since I went to Crossfit. I just did another drop in at the first place, since I haven't decided on a place. I think I might just go with the first place though because it's a little cheaper. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The workout involved rope climbs??? Which I haven't encountered at all in Crossfit yet, and don't currently have the strength to handle. Also they weren't using any sort of crash mats under the ropes, and I'm not about that life. 

I did get a nice long walk in on Wednesday though, along with some stretching. +3 (Also I realized I mis-scored the hike last week, so I need to add a +1 for that too!)

That brings me to a total of 25 points, meaning I'm waaaay behind if I want to hit 65 in the next week and a half. If I do all of my planned to-dos, walk, and stretch daily I can get up to 50 or so. So I still need to earn another 15 points through longer walks, hikes, and stretching sessions. So much for this being an easy challenge!

On 10/24/2018 at 12:03 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Dentist update: they put a cap on the chipped tooth. After some experiments with bites and things, they decided that the filling pain is just leftover soreness/inflammation from the ridge they fixed Monday, and that it will fade in a few days. 

I'm skeptical because I no longer trust dentists after this, but it would be very good if that's true. 

BTW, guess whose tooth still hurts 2 weeks later?? T__T

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I keep seeing those emails come through!! I'm tempted, but also I haven't been running at all lately since my shins are being dumb (and I think focusing on weight for a bit might be the best way to improve the shin situation anyway). 

Actually, should we just sign up? It's free and not until September, so worst case we don't do it and didn't pay any money. What time would you want to sign up for if we did it?

I <3 you. I just got an e-mail about one at the same place we went last time (outside of Frederick), which I am going to sign up for. The other one was so far for me. It's April 27th. Wanna come?! 

Also, every time I see this, I think of you and @fleaball:

thats-a-terrible-idea-what-time-shirt.jp

Note: this is not me. I wish though!

23 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

I <3 you. I just got an e-mail about one at the same place we went last time (outside of Frederick), which I am going to sign up for. The other one was so far for me. It's April 27th. Wanna come?! 

Also, every time I see this, I think of you and @fleaball:

thats-a-terrible-idea-what-time-shirt.jp

Note: this is not me. I wish though!

Sure - it's free! What time slot? :P 

I think I shared a similar shirt on your thread last challenge because it immediately made me think of you. :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Sure - it's free! What time slot? :P 

I think I shared a similar shirt on your thread last challenge because it immediately made me think of you. :D 

10:30. 

And I am what I am!

• Like 1

W3 Thursday Update

I'm down another pound! Even if my parents' scale is different than mine, I'm down 2 since I got here and that's clear evidence of progress! Of course, I don't really believe progress until it's been around for a week or two. But still, this is exciting! I'm at 155, which is funny because when I was re-gaining the weight, 155 was a number that made me say "Oh no, this has gone too far!!" But now it's a number I'm happy to see. :P 

This is actually my second weight loss benchmark! The first was getting down below 160 consistently. The third one is to get back to 145, which is still higher than ideal, but much more acceptable to me since it's a weight I tend to return to a lot. The fourth is to get back down to like 136. Anything beyond that is a bonus. :) 

On Thursday, I stretched (+1), walked (+1), and did a yoga session (+2)! It's so funny how the moment I forced myself to do that first yoga session, I started getting back into it without any difficulty. I'm working through my backlog of Yoga with Adrienne's weekly videos. I already feel WAY better. 

On 11/2/2018 at 12:25 PM, NeverThatBored said:

To do list for Week 3:

• Pick a crossfit place and sign up +1
  • Go on a hike
  • Schedule an appointment for a haircut
  • Drive one place on my own just for fun
  • Call the dentist to pay a bill

I chose the cheaper Crossfit place and signed up for it! I've only gone 2x/week for the past two weeks, but now that I've decided properly, I'm going to aim for Monday/Wednesday/Friday classes. It's a bit of a pain because it takes a little over half an hour to get to the nearest Box! Ah well. 

That brings me to 30 points for the challenge so far. 

I'll go on a hike this weekend. I haven't scheduled that haircut yet, but worst case I'll push it into next week and still get the point. 

Spoiler

4c7904df9fcad0a1a3aade40f0c7479f.jpg

I'm thinking of trying something like this, but I'm nervous about how well it'll work in my hair, so we'll see.

• Like 3

W3 Friday Update

I'm getting better at update consistency again! I walked and did yoga on Friday, so +3 points, bringing me to 33 points.

My sister-in-law is showing her art in a gallery, and they just had the opening last night, so we drove 2 hours to go see it, and by the end of the night I was really tense and grumpy. My dad's driving is TERRIFYING and also it was just a large crowd so introvert burnout definitely came into play. I feel super grumpy lately in general. T_T Sugar withdrawal? Not enough exercise? Too much time around family? IDK man. 

Warning: pet medical issues discussed - 

Spoiler

My family's dog has a freaky lump on his belly/groin area, which nobody else noticed?? He's had some other lumps for a long time now, so I've been nervous about him for a long time now too. This morning it started bleeding (I think he bit it or something), so my parents are finally taking him to the vet.I  am VERY concerned that we'll end up reliving what happened with my cat last year. TBH I've been worried this would happen since before I got here. But it's possible it's not anything serious too, so I'm trying to stay positive. But ALSO I'm having a lot of flashbacks to finding my cat with blood all over his face, which led to us taking him to the vet, which led to us finding out he had cancer, and so on. :/

• Sad 1

W3 Saturday/Sunday

I hung out with friends a lot, which means eating out, which means my weight is up. It should go down in a few days when the sodium flushes out of my system, but I'm keeping an eye on it. 

On Saturday, I stretched (+1) and went to CVS to buy nail polish (to do list item: drive somewhere just for fun, +1). 

On Sunday I went on that hike (+3, +1 more because it was on my to do list) and did some yoga (+2). 

W4 Monday

Three day weekends are the best! I walked (+1) and did some yoga (+2) then hung out with friends. We went out for DELICIOUS ramen and there was an asian bakery nearby where I picked up a few buns. 

W4 To Do List (+ carryovers from W3):

• Make appointment for haircut
  • Go to Crossfit 3 times instead of only 2
  • Call dentist to pay bill
  • Go do something just for fun
  • Study Japanese (+1 point per session)

I'm at 45 points, so I need another 20 points to hit my goal for the challenge and earn that reward! I can get 10 points from basic walking/stretching daily, 5 points from doing everything on my to do list, and the last 5 points by going on an extra long walk one day and doing yoga twice. 

• Like 1

Oh shoot, I have a bunch of days to update and I didn't write anything down! And apparently my phone hasn't been tracking my walks?? So that's extra inconvenient.

W4 Tuesday-Friday

Tuesday - Crossfit 1

Wednesday - Stretched (+1), I think I walked the dog (+1), yoga (+2)

Thursday - Crossfit 2, paid the dentist (+1), hair salon was closed so I couldn't call them

Friday - Went on a long walk (+2), studied Japanese (+1)

Saturday so far - did yoga (+2), studied Japanese (+1), made haircut appointment (+1)

That puts me at 57 points. Can I get the last 8 points over the weekend? If I walk and stretch both days, that's 4. If I study tomorrow again, that's 5. If I go on a longer walk Sunday, that's 1 more. If I do yoga again tomorrow, that's up to 8. So it's doable! 

• Like 2

Aaaand 8 days later, I'm finally getting around to that. Whoops? Apparently I don't start challenges on time anymore.

So in the end, I fell 2 points short of my goal. I didn't get a walk in because I was with a friend all day and none of my friends ever want to go on walks with me when I suggest it, and then I missed yoga on the last day partially because I knew there was no way to win. 

But you know, I still feel like the challenge was pretty successful overall! During zero week, I finished off all the goals I missed the previous week (finally went to crossfit 3x, including a crazy Thanksgiving morning workout, and went to a cafe and hung out just to go out, etc.) My weight is continuing to move in the right direction. I did TONS more active recovery stuff than I had been the past few months. I'm still on track to meet my 36 books/year goal on Goodreads (although I usually read less in December so WE'LL SEE). I got back to studying Japanese regularly and started reviewing what I've learned so far.

Also, I PAID OFF MY STUDENT LOANS???? I should be more excited, but I did it by consistently making extra payments every month for 5 years, so it's a little anti-climactic! Maybe next month when I don't have to pay them I'll feel it more.

So even though I didn't win the challenge, I miiiiight have still bought myself a gravity blanket during the black friday dealz and sent it to VA for when I'm back?? Maybe?? That might be something I did??

All in all things are HECKN SWELL.

• Like 3

Oh gosh, I forgot to tell you guys about my dog!

Deets:

Spoiler

He ended up having surgery to remove his 2 lumps. He's supposed to chill while he recovers, but he's the most anxious little guy and refuses to sit still EVER. Plus, it was Thanksgiving and there were people over. AND they didn't put a cone on him?? For reasons that are very unclear to me. So his stitches all came out and they had to sedate him AGAIN and redo the stitches. THEN he walked around literally all night hitting the cone and trying to get it off, so we put one of those neck pillow cones on him instead....and he was able to tear out the stitches and/or pop them out by walking so much AGAIN.

Apparently each time they come out, they're more likely to do it again. The vet told us we could either re-stitch him a third time (very expensive!) or just wrap/change his bandages until he heals, and that's what my parents chose. Along with drugs to sedate him so he chills instead of running up and down the stairs and trying to play ball and climbing on the furniture. So NOW he has a large and very gross hole in his thigh, and every day I've gotten to help my mother hold him down while she changes his bandages 1-3 times EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY (which only stay on at all because he's sedated). 

It's really exhausting, and I just can't imagine it will heal all that quickly so this is going to be a loooooong process. 

• Like 2

I'm somehow  missed you last couple of posts here but:

On 11/28/2018 at 3:49 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Also, I PAID OFF MY STUDENT LOANS???? I should be more excited, but I did it by consistently making extra payments every month for 5 years, so it's a little anti-climactic! Maybe next month when I don't have to pay them I'll feel it more.

Woohoo!!!! Congrats on beating that beast! I think paying off big debts like that always feels a little anti-climactic. But (in my experience) it periodically comes back to hit you that you don't have to make those payments that you used to have for years and how nice it is to choose where that money goes instead of having to (or wanting to with the extra bits) send it to a creditor

On 11/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Oh gosh, I forgot to tell you guys about my dog!

Oh my goodness, poor guy. I hope he heals up quickly with no more complications

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, Maigahane said:

Woohoo!!!! Congrats on beating that beast! I think paying off big debts like that always feels a little anti-climactic. But (in my experience) it periodically comes back to hit you that you don't have to make those payments that you used to have for years and how nice it is to choose where that money goes instead of having to (or wanting to with the extra bits) send it to a creditor

Thanks!! I'm sure it will. Looking at my budget for this month without the loans was super weird, so I'm feeling it a little more there. :) 

On 12/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, Maigahane said:

Oh my goodness, poor guy. I hope he heals up quickly with no more complications

He seems to be doing ok, though it'll take a long time for the wound to actually heal. He's getting used to the process of getting everything changed and wearing the cone and all that. But he's also hoping to go on a walk every time I put shoes on, and I feel like such a monster telling him he can't! T_T