• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kwesadilo

Kwesadilo gets out of Dodge

I now have firm departure and arrival dates, which means that I'm definitely moving during the course of this challenge, i.e. my life is about the explode. The overarching theme of this challenge is keeping my shit together.

Goals

• Lift at least once per week. This feels super lame, but I have a lot of stuff to do outside of work these days. My workouts for the past few weeks have been pretty minimal and maintenance-focused.
  • Do mobility work every day that I'm not travelling. There will probably be a 4-5 day stretch where I won't be able to fit it in, but other than that, I want to keep it up.
  • Get to bed by 11:30 pm at least 5 nights each week. I don't want to get run down in the presence of a lot of external stressors.
  • Stick to my move schedule. I'm actually already behind, so part of this will be doing the things I didn't get done during the last 2 weeks before the end of this week.
  • Like 1

Week 1 update

• Lifting: I lifted very briefly last Monday. I backed off of my squat, and it still didn't look great.
  • Mobility: All but one day last week.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. I could have gotten to bed on time two more days without skipping anything of value.
  • Moving: Last week, I managed to check off the things that I was previously delinquent on, and I got all but one thing done last week. I have a lot to do this week, though.
  • Like 2

Once my stuff was moved out of my apartment, my schedule became very atypical, and this slipped my mind for awhile. I'm posting from my phone, because I haven't unpacked my computer yet.

Week 2 update

Lifting: Made it to the gym someday. I can't remember which. I didn't accomplish much.

Mobility: Did this every day but Friday.

Sleep: Only Tuesday and Wednesday. The other days, I was out late hanging out with people before I left.

Moving: I can't remember how I did during week 2. More in week 3.

Week 3 update

Lifting: Went to the gym on Monday but just did mobility stuff.

Mobility: Did this on Monday and Sunday, the only days that I wasn't traveling.

Sleep: Got to bed on time Tuesday through Saturday, with help from changing timezones.

Moving: I moved. In terms of my list, the only thing I haven't kept up with is looking for a place to live permanently.

12 hours ago, kwesadilo said:

I moved. In terms of my list, the only thing I haven't kept up with is looking for a place to live permanently.

Biggest PITA. Work isn't helping with finding a place or you just don't like their suggestions?

On 11/13/2018 at 10:35 AM, Grumble said:

Biggest PITA. Work isn't helping with finding a place or you just don't like their suggestions?

Work found me a temporary place, but I need to find a permanent place before that runs out.

Week 4 update

• Lifting: Went to the gym on Friday and did light squats. My bar path was good on some sets but inconsistent on others. I haven't figured out yet what is the best way to take videos in the new gym.
    • During week 3, I went to the gym but did not lift. I lifted once during the other weeks.
  • Mobility: I think I missed one day, but I can't remember which one.
    • Missed 3 days out of 23. Not terrible.
  • Sleep: Got to bed on time every day but Wednesday.
    • Overall, I got to bed on time during 2 out of 4 weeks/16 out of 20 days. Not that great. This will be one of the habits I need to rebuild a bit once I'm settled in.
  • Moving: As of the end of last week, I had a short list of places to live that I wanted to look at. Tonight, I submitted a rental application.
    • As of yesterday, I'm on track for my overall move schedule, although I procrastinated on apartment hunting for awhile.