Reforged: Ryuu's Battle Log

Reforged: Ryuu's Battle Log

Start- 10/23/18

As much as I like doing the challenges I think I need to just start recording and documenting to give myself some accountability, so this battle log shall be just that. I feel like I'm just starting to crawl out of an incredibly unhealthy hole that I've dug for myself over the past 6+ months primarily though laziness and gaming addiction. Starting from last November when I had surgery to get my wisdom teeth taken out and I wasn't able to really do anything I started falling back and back on really old bad habits, basically spending the whole day on my but playing games 24/7. Even once I recovered I just kept telling myself excuses for why I shouldn't be doing anything, injured, sick, too tired, or stressed out from my job I used anything and everything to keep myself down, and take the "easy way out" and focused almost all of my energy into playing video games. So for the better part of 12th months I've been so entranced by games that I've lost all of the gains that I'd had before as well as put on almost 20+lbs from ordering in unhealthy foods, sitting on my butt, and neglecting my workouts, yoga, and walking.  Let this post be my commitment to myself to starting back on a path to a happy healthy lifestyle. 

Goals for 10/23 -10/30/18

Assess my true (re)starting point: DONE

• Record Weight
  • Take pre-pictures
  • Take full Measurements

2 Set new SMART Health and Fitness goals for November:

• Include If/Then statements for common problems/ hiccups I might face
  • Get new workout/ walking shoes
  • Update/ New Fitbit for step tracking
  • Start tracking on Nerd Fitness - Make Battle Log
  • Create a physical journal page to help with tracking

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Great goals :)

Here to cheer you on! 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

16 hours ago, Terah said:

Great goals :)

Here to cheer you on! 

Thanks always good to have you here :) 

• Like 1

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Wed Oct 24th

One of the hardest parts of starting back up is just biting the bullet to figure out just how far you've fallen, I've actively avoided taking my weight or measurements, only really taking notice when my pants just wouldn't fit anymore and I had to buy new ones. So actually taking them this morning was needlessly to say tough, but at least I know now. Its so sad to see the actual numbers and measurements when I compare them to the past, but I think I needed to see them to see just how bad it's really become...and its bad :(

Starting Measurements:

Weight: 187lbs

BF% 26.4

Waist: 38"

Hips: 39.5"

Butt: 43"

Arms: 13"

Legs: 24.5 

Goals 10/24 - 11/23:

1. Health: Loose 4-6lbs & ~ 1% BF. I will do this by being in a calorie deficit and recording my food intake in MyFitnessPal 6/7 days per week.

2. Nutrition: Home cooked meals 5/7 days per week or 15/21 total meals for the week (breakfast/ lunch/ dinner) 

2a. Stop snacking/ buying unhealthy snacks from gas stations on the way home from work

3. Fitness: Workout 3/7 days per week. This could be 30+ min of yoga, body weight workout, or gym workout, or a 2+ mile jog, ideally more but 3/7 should be fine to start.

4. Consistency: Post updated on my Battle Log 5/7 days per week and record in my physical planner. 

• Like 1

Update: Wed Oct 24th 

Pretty good day overall today. I was finally able to leave school at a reasonable time yesterday and even managed to not stop for a "snack" (candy and a soda) on the way home (WIN!). Thanks to cross country (XC) season having ended on Tuesday. Its crazy just how much stress coaching the XC team was putting on me due to having to go from my roughest class of the day, which is also the last class of the day, into coaching students after school for an hour- hour and a half. Its just so nice to actually be able to leave school and get stuff done, which is exactly what I did today:

Got a new Fitbit (Charge 3) to track my steps, ordered some new run/walking shoes, and some noise cancelling headphones that will be awesome for my walks to try and get my step count up. Then I went grocery shopping and got supplies to meal prep lunches and dinner's for the rest of the week :D Actually being proactive and starting back feels pretty good. Hope the rest of the week will go as well. 

Hoping to start working out or doing a yoga session today too continue this good momentum. 

• Like 1

Thursday Oct 25th 

Started off Thursday well with some quick 15min yoga and a home cooked breakfast. School was ok my 8th graders are very difficult this year so that was unpleasant but besides them being immature and lazy it was nothing major, but by the end of the day I was STARVING, oh so very hungry. Happily I decided that instead of stopping for candy and a snack that I would go home and walk to Wallyworld for a diet soda and a Quest Bar (protein bar). Pretty please with myself for that decision. Then the GF made stuffed shells for dinner which were quite tasty. 

Overall walking and morning yoga put me into a good position and I'd say today was a success. 

12 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

8th graders are very difficult this year

This sucks :(

I hope you can kick them into submission soon

• Like 1
Spoiler

On 10/27/2018 at 2:59 AM, Terah said:

This sucks :(

I hope you can kick them into submission soon

Yeah unfortunately they they are just a really tough bunch. They have been difficult since they were in 6th grade and most of the teachers have said said that it is just a really rough group in general. The group dynamics are just bad, a ton of discipline problems, and class clowns causing tons of disruptions and problems for the few good students stuck with the rest of them.

• Sad 1

Friday- Sunday 26-28 Update

The weekend was for the most part ok. Wasn't disastrous but wasn't amazing either. Friday started well with some morning yoga and home cooked breakfast and lunch, got some Chick-fil-a for dinner, but got healthy choices so that went well. Unfortunately, I end up staying up really late and got some midnight munchies which were less than healthy so the day bounced back into the unhealthy scale. Was pretty lazy Saturday, but I did end up going for a walk to get some steps in and to do a little bit more physical activity which was good. Sunday was even lazier and didn't really do anything but game :/ 

Overall, a decent week to be starting back. Its going to be a very slow climb out of the hole but at least I started. 

• Like 1

October Mon 29 - Thurs Nov 1st Update

Uh this week is not going so great, slipped back into the bad habits as soon as my stress level spiked from my difficult class spiked and my motivation and will power are just so low right now to do anything let alone eat healthy and try to workout. Plus, I feel awful for already falling backwards, like I'm really having a hard time accomplishing my super basic of basics goal to "set foot into the gym" like how have I fallen this far?! I use to love going to the gym, now its like I'm almost scared of it and I'm just not sure how to change back.  Its just make everything harder knowing where you were and even that seems so much better than where you are :( 

I'm going out of town early tomorrow morning for an Art Ed conference, hopefully I'll be able to get energized and rejuvenated for the rest of the semester and break out of this awful slump I've dug for myself.  

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 8:46 PM, Ryuu1011 said:

my motivation and will power are just so low right now

Focus on creating healthy habits. And if live is too much, just take a step back and listen to what your body and mind need right now.

• Like 1
Spoiler