Time Loves a Hero in Early Summer Challenge

I am going to be brief here as I am in the midst of finals week. As such I will not start in earnest on my goals until next week.

I wasn't really certain if I wanted to be in terms of class, but I ultimately settled on Scout because (a) it seems you guys rock and (B) I like the smaller community of Scouts better than the current metropolis's of Adventurer and Rangers. So here I am.

I am a human scout. Human not because I am boring or unimaginative, but that is how I perceive myself. Scout because the majority of my exercising has been more endurance focused (jogging, swimming, watching full episode of Burn Notice while cruising on the elliptical). I decided for my new year's resolution to be better myself in terms of health, confidence, and appearance. Thanks to eating better have dropped my weight from roughly 181 pounds to 167 with my biggest improvements coming in the previous 6 week challenge (7ish pounds in 6 weeks). I hope to continue my success and finally reach my target weight of 160.

My current attributes:

• STR - 2 (I ain't the strongest guy yet but just couldn't stomach giving myself a 1 after the hard work I've put in so far)
  • DEX - 2 (I was always a fast sprinter growing up but I haven't really tested myself recently. I am not flexible though)
  • STA - 2 (I might not be able to pull-off solid 10K's yet but I am well on my way with good amount of endurance-focused workouts)
  • CON - 3 (I am usually pretty healthy though I do suffer from random stomach aches when I have too much coffee)
  • WIS - 3 (I am pretty observant and smart but procrastination does kill me and I have yet to break out of that cycle)
  • CHA - 3 (I am a funny and well-liked guy but can easily disappear when I should be leading the discussion. You don't see me raising my hand to offer insight in class as much as I should)

Fitness goals:

• Weigh 160 pounds. Currently weigh 166 pounds. (+2 STA, +1 CON, +2 CHA)
  • Work out on average four times a week with one jog, one swim, and one body-weight circuit per week. (+1 STR, +2 STA)
  • Do 3 consecutive pull-ups and/or chin-ups. Currently able to do zero. (+4 STR)

Life goals

My girlfriend and I have finally found a place to live together. We move in during the last week of May. So my goal is:

• Prepare for moving, move, and then maintain happy relationship by not making a mess in the first few weeks, etc. (+2 WIS, +1 CHA)

Life goals

My girlfriend and I have finally found a place to live together. We move in during the last week of May. So my goal is:

• Prepare for moving, move, and then maintain happy relationship by not making a mess in the first few weeks, etc. (+2 WIS, +1 CHA)

If my girlfriend and I ever move in together, this will be quite a challenge for me as well.

For a group mostly dedicated to moving forward a lot of us seem to have goals in the vertical plane. Digging the avatar btw.

But being dedicated to moving forward, maybe we are slacking in the vertical plane in comparison, and/or dont have trouble getting ourselves to work on moving forward.

Its pretty awesome finishing off finals and papers and seeing I actually had a lot of supportive comments on my thread already. Thanks guys!

So while finals have wrapped up I am still at school basically 8 to 6 each day for one more week (from yesterday to Friday) and will be without internet and when I get home I might not have the time or ability to check out all y'all's thread like I'd like to (dear god was that a run-on sentence or what...an no I am not going to finish it because I am burnt out on proofing and editing).

So now that finals week is over I finally got back into exercise mode! Today I went for a nice run down through a hilly cemetery, found me a bench, and did 2 sets of the beginner bodyweight circuit. I then ran back through the cemetery and went home. All-in-all 30ish minutes of exercise and dear lord did it feel good to move (I hadn't exercised since the 26th.

Today I got my swim in. I swam for about 20 minutes which might sound like much compared to many in this group, but until recently I haven't swam laps since I was in elementary school. I try to do every few laps at full speed and the other times take it kind of easy. I mainly do some crawl, but will mix in breaststroke and backstroke and someday I'll try out the butterfly.

I also attempted a pullup. Got further up than I had before but didn't do go all the way.

It has been too long Nerd Fitness community but I am back! The past few weeks have been hectic and non-stop. I had finals until Friday the 4th, a law school trial program that started Saturday the 5th and ran all-day, everyday until the 11th, then my girlfriend's family was in town for my girlfriends graduation. Yesterday was the first day I could sleep in and have nothing to do literally in weeks.

Coincidentally yesterday I got my first workout in over a week. I went swimming but wasn't feeling my A-game so it cut it short.

Today I went for a nice run this morning and it felt great to finally break a sweat in too long!

Welcome back! The law school trial program sounds intense. Are things going to be that crazy for you the rest of the challenge?

Certainly feels that way. After the trial program ended I had just a couple of days before heading out of town for a wedding. Then I get back and immediatley begin my move. So my eating has been less than stellar and Im not getting Anyang regular exercise. Still maintaining a good 166-167 weight though. Helps too that I'm moving literally just a few miles away; today was big furniture day (as is tomorrow somewhat). This move will end soon then I'll be back to regularly exercising and updating this.

So this 6 month challenge was not as productive physically as my last one, but that is okay because I've done so much in the past few months. I finished another semester of law school without dying. I started my summer employment and am working really hard and enjoying it. I

• Weigh 160 pounds. Currently weigh 166 pounds. (+2 STA, +1 CON, +2 CHA) - D. So I basically lost just a pound but I was so certain that I was going to gain weight during finals and stuff, so this is not a total loss.
  • Work out on average four times a week with one jog, one swim, and one body-weight circuit per week. (+1 STR, +2 STA) - D. On average I worked out probably less than 2 times a week and it was mostly running. All the above plus untimely sickness kept me from doing as much exercise as I would like.
  • Do 3 consecutive pull-ups and/or chin-ups. Currently able to do zero. (+4 STR) - F. Didn't really work on this at all
  • Prepare for moving, move, and then maintain happy relationship by not making a mess in the first few weeks, etc. (+2 WIS, +1 CHA) - A. Hey-o! I did this well.

Final attributes:

• STR - 2 (started at: 2)
  • DEX - 2 (started at: 2)
  • STA - 3 (started at: 2)
  • CON - 3.25 (started at: 3)
  • WIS - 5 (started at: 3)
  • CHA - 4.5 (started at: 3)