Gracefully moving forward ❤

Odango

Finished the week-end off alright.

I was sick today, some sort of cold/sore throat, so I spent the day under the blanket, drinking herbal tea, hoping the sore throat doesn't get worse.

I stretched well every evening and practiced barre exercises on Saturday.

I didn't have time for extra cardio, because I spent Saturday afternoon visiting new parts of the city and a cool museum about East Asia. I get points for CULTURE ^_^

I hope I'm not sicker tomorrow so that I can dance more this week, but I'll rest if my body needs it.

I might try some gentle yoga exercises, to get the joints moving, because I feel stiff today!

Goals for the last week:

- Stretch more consistently

- Move more consistently

- Continue with soups and veggies

- Take it easy

- Go for at least one walk along the sea shore

• Like 2

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Sounds like you were able to do a lot even though you were sick! Nice job, and I hope you feel better soon! 

• Like 1

Get well. I've recovering from a cold, too and have just returned to lifting. It's not easy, but then it never is, so onward!!!! 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 11/12/2018 at 3:52 AM, Jupiter said:

Sounds like you were able to do a lot even though you were sick! Nice job, and I hope you feel better soon! 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:25 AM, Harriet said:

Get well. I've recovering from a cold, too and have just returned to lifting. It's not easy, but then it never is, so onward!!!! 

Thank you!!

It looks like cold season has started, lots of people around me are sick as well.

I've been feeling better since yesterday, but feeling soooooo lazy xD

I went for a 45 minute walk yesterday and today, the weather's been beautiful so I wanted to enjoy it, but I didn't have the courage to do anything else :((

Tomorrow I'll try to walk by the beach. It's going to rain again this week-end, so I have to enjoy this while I can!

I hope I can beat the lazy! Wish me luck!

tumblr_nz2ava7cM01rapkbao2_r1_500.gif

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Good luck! Beach walk sounds lovely. And rain sounds better than Californian camp fire smoke, sigh. 

True! You were talking about cardio in bad air condition btw, and I wanted to recommend you to check the air quality for your city (it's all available online). Cardio in high levels of pm10, pm2.5 is actually very unhealthy and outweighs the benefits of exercising. I worked as air quality policy officer for a city government years ago, so I'm always happy to share what I learned.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

5 hours ago, Nol said:

True! You were talking about cardio in bad air condition btw, and I wanted to recommend you to check the air quality for your city (it's all available online). Cardio in high levels of pm10, pm2.5 is actually very unhealthy and outweighs the benefits of exercising. I worked as air quality policy officer for a city government years ago, so I'm always happy to share what I learned.

So, the air quality index has been roughly 150 to 170... oh, today it's 192. I know that's "unhealthy" and people should "limit prolonged exertion outside". But... does that mean it's like smoking a pack of cigarettes and I should only go out for groceries in order not to starve? Or does it mean it will make me cough a little, but I should go for a walk if I want? Like, is it cupcake unhealthy or crystal meth unhealthy? 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

Haha! First of all, I need to say that I'm not up to date, since I haven't been working in the field for a while.

It depends on your respiratory and general health. You can go for a walk and be totally fine, but you could also feel some effect, I guess it's more like smoking one cigarette?

IMO it depends on how much you want to go for that walk. If it improves your mood and mental space, then it's probably worth it. I mean, it's borderline to very unhealthy level, so I wouldn't go for a long walk, but 20 min or so?

Sorry I'm getting back to you so late about this!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

PS: what I'm trying to say is that, broadly speaking, one unhealthy or very unhealthy thing (like smoking one cigarette) is bad, but won't damage you permanently if you're otherwise eating/living healthily and if you don't have a specific sensitivity to that thing.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

7 minutes ago, Nol said:

PS: what I'm trying to say is that, broadly speaking, one unhealthy or very unhealthy thing (like smoking one cigarette) is bad, but won't damage you permanently if you're otherwise eating/living healthily and if you don't have a specific sensitivity to that thing.

This summer, when we had smoke from fires ad our air was unhealthy, my son looked this up. For healthy people, being outside was like smoking one cigarette. He and his friends opted for the eating lunch outside was probably safe. If you plan on running, or intense cardio, then you end up breathing in more smoke, and it's like smoking a pack. I opted to wear an air mask or stay inside, because I have allergies

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 hours ago, Nol said:

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This summer, when we had smoke from fires ad our air was unhealthy, my son looked this up. For healthy people, being outside was like smoking one cigarette. He and his friends opted for the eating lunch outside was probably safe. If you plan on running, or intense cardio, then you end up breathing in more smoke, and it's like smoking a pack. I opted to wear an air mask or stay inside, because I have allergies

This is very helpful and interesting, thank you. Of course, now that you've posted, the air has gone up to 247, which is rather higher. I guess I'll stay inside if possible. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

This is very helpful and interesting, thank you. Of course, now that you've posted, the air has gone up to 247, which is rather higher. I guess I'll stay inside if possible. 

Holy crap! I've never been anywhere with such a high index :ambivalence:

Better avoid exertion.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Sooooo, I didn't beat the lazy this week.

tumblr_nc0olxVWZA1qkhe8wo1_500.gif

My IBS symptoms flared up a little after Sunday, so I'm suspecting an accidental lactose poisoning when eating out ^_^

As per usual, it took me a few days to realise that the reason why I'm feeling so meh is my gut being unhappy. I've been feeling nauseous and tired and just plain meh.

Despite that, I did a lot of walking this week, almost everyday, and I only missed 2 evenings of stretching, so even though I did not complete my goal of dancing, i'm proud of myself for still moving despite feeling like s***.

Food was still all good, pumpkin was eaten, soup as well!

The real fail was sleep. I went to bed around 00:30 everyday this week xD

I'll be continuing this week, since I started the challenge a little late.

Hopefully I can improve my digestive comfort, because it has such a strong impact on my mental well-being.

Also, today we went to the city's Oceanarium and I spent about 15 minutes watching the sea otters wash themselves and cuddle, it was pure bliss!

93l9RDL.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge

After giving it some thought, I think I want to put an emergency IBS plan in place for the next few days:

1. Ginger + honey tea before breakfast

2. Add fresh turmeric to meals/drinks

3. Focus on soups and boiled veggies + light proteins, low fat

4. No processed foods

5. Yoga every day, maybe focusing on poses that help with digestion

6. Stretch every evening

7. Drink over 1,5L per day (avoid cold water)

8. Meditation/breathing exercises for a few minutes any time I feel stressed

I'll try to maintain this for as long as I can and until I feel better.

tenor.gif?itemid=10900092

• Like 2

Current Challenge