I won't wait for next challenge

Hello all,

I am making a respawn after 6 months off the forum and a slow but sad decline in my progress. So, I prefer to come back here, where I began in september 17.

I am a 38 yo French woman, mother of two very active boys, in a very stressful work situation just now. I definitely need to put myself together again to gain back the serenity and strength needed. Loss of weight (13 lbs-6kg would be great) will take care of itself on its own.

I was really moved by Steve's mail about the end of the year, 2.5 months is ample time to find a new path. The beginning is now, if not at the beginning of a challenge.

My big aim is to be stronger, healthier, neater, more interesting and more persistent. Quite an ambition !

My challenges for now are :

- to be stronger : upping my physical activity everyday meaning 30 mn walk or a sport sessions.

- to be healthier : eating primal again, I have not absolutely fallen off the wagon but I am 60/40 paleo, I aim 80/20

- to be neater : every day, 5 minutes to take care of me or my appearance (clothes, shoes...)

- to be more interesting : read everyday a challenging book (re-reading old favorites, reading newpapers or blogs don't count !)

- to be persistent : 3 meditation /week (again, the period I did it was so great !)

I am going just now to walk home, the first step is just outside my workplace's door ;)

• Like 1

For monday 29/10 :

- to be stronger : upping my physical activity everyday meaning 30 mn walk or a sport sessions.

--> 30 mn walk done under the rain = 1 point

- to be healthier : eating primal again, I aim 80/20

--> one egg + tea and raw milk+ citrus juice, spinach and goat cheese pie, 2 tangerines, coffee + sausage and peas, apple - no snacks

a bit of pie crust is the only non paleo thing, 80/20 is respected = 1 point

- to be neater : every day, 5 minutes to take care of me or my appearance (clothes, shoes...)

--> done = 1 point

- to be more interesting : read everyday a challenging book (re-reading old favorites, reading newpapers or blogs don't count !)

--> done. I am currently reading Thinking fast and slow = 1 point

- to be persistent : 3 meditation /week

--> none

Monday total = 4 points

For tuesday 30/10

--> 30 mn walk done = 1 point

--> one egg + tea and raw milk+ citrus juice, spinach and goat cheese pie+ 2 tangerines+coffee+a bit of 80% chocolate, tea, a big dinner at the restaurant with friends :apologetic: oeuf mollet au foie gras (OK) + duck and lentils (OK) + crème brûlée au beurre salé (not OK lol) + organic red wine (OK) - no snacks

a bit of pie crust and a dessert with a lot of sugar I guess i am 70/30 only so = 0 point

--> done = 1 point

--> nothing, i went directly from work to restaurant, no time to read a challenging thing = 0  points

--> none but I installed the app Wake up and downloaded sessions for tomorrow = 0 points

Tuesday total = 2 points. not terrible :-/

On 10/31/2018 at 11:28 AM, Sphinx222 said:

For wednesday 31/10

--> 1hour walk done = 1 point

--> one egg + tea and raw milk+ citrus juice, Ham and endives+ 2 tangerines+coffee+a bit of 80% chocolate, tea, roasted chicken+Green beans + camembert, one morning snack (2bites of brioche)

Snack was home made and tiny so 80/20 respected = 1point

--> nothing beyond basic hygiene and make up = 0 point

--> Done= 1points

--> forts one sigb the app Wake up hurrah !!!!= 1points

wednesday  total = 4 points. 

For thursday 01/11

--> 1h in the gym (cardio, legs and shoulders) = 1 point

--> one egg + tea and raw milk+ citrus juice, a lot of vegetables +potatoes + bacon+ 1 tangerine+tea,  sausage + spätzle (=gluten)+ cauliflower+apple - no snacks

spätzle is not ok = 0 point

--> done = 1 point

--> yes ! = 1  points

--> none  = 0 points

Tuesday total = 3 points.

For friday, saturday and sunday01/11

--> 30 mn and 1h30 walking, nothing on sunday I was nursing a cold  = 2 point

--> friday was OK but not saturday and sunday = 1 point

--> done = 3 point

--> yes  durind two days= 2  points and a bonus point because I went to the theater for the first time in several years with the kids, it was a great success ! = 3 points

--> two = 2 points so I did 3 times in the first week

total = 11 points.

Not bad, not bad! Keep it up!

Which of your goals is most important to you? Also, how far are you into your book, and have you learned anything interesting?

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

Big effort now to take a bit of time to come back and post. I suffer from a bad cold and feel miserable lol

Good question....The most important goal for me would be getting stronger, I guess.

I am questioning my health goal. I wonder if I should not have begun with portion control before paleo. I think I just eat too much and try to feel "full" too often when I don't need it in reality...

I am at 60% of the book Thinking fast and slow  for now. It's very interesting but I try not to read too quickly, there is a lot of depth and it gives me a lot to think about in my work life. I try to speak about it whit my husband regularly to explore these ideas about their nature and the role of intuition vs careful thinking, the pro and cons and above all the biases upon which each one lies. The author speaks about questions as In which conditions intuition, experience or education "beat" purely statistical odds? What is the true value brought by an experienced manager in an organization (answer : not much, chance is by far the most influent factor) ? It's a very introspective reading for me.

For monday, tuesday, wednesday 08/11

--> 30 mn and 1h walking  = 2 point

--> I am quite bad all in all, everyday I eat one thing with wheat (two biscuits, a caneloni...)= 0 point

--> except if sleep is counted, I did not take time to go far = 1 point

--> yes  = 2  points

--> 1 = 1 point

total = 6 points, I am not proud...

For thursday -sunday 11/11

I don't take the time to post every fay but i will try to do it three times a week.

--> 30 mn/1h walking  = 3 point

-->  2 point

-->  = 3 point

--> yes  = 4  points

--> 1 = 1 point : so 2 meditations a week only

total = 13 points