Finally giving this a go

Hi there, I'm Marz. :)

I signed up a long time ago but never really got started, so now I'm going to finally give these forums a try. 

I'm a 24 year-old former athlete hoping to get back into shape and improve my overall health. I've also been a vegetarian for about 10 years now, but desperately need to improve my diet.

A gym membership seems to be out of the cards for me at the moment, so I am aiming to get started doing more bodyweight/outdoors activities (and supplementing that with the few weights I have in the house). I'm really a complete newb when it comes to handling fitness and nutrition on my own because growing up I always just relied on sports to keep me healthy.

Currently I have been suffering from constant fatigue, back pain, and gastrointestinal issues, so if any of those things are alleviated in any way I will consider it a success. I am also coming out of a particularly low period of mental health so improvements in that area ideal as well.

Some general starting goals:

• exercise at least a few times a week
  • work on flexibility (I at least want to touch my toes)
  • learn more about nutrition and cook (healthier) meals more often
  • gain muscle and strength 
  • work on better mental health coping skills
  • get outdoors more
  • take steps towards organizing my home space

Bonus random goal:

• if any diet/fitness changes end up reducing my bust size I will cry tears of happiness

• Like 6

Hello! I am Josie, 26.

I would also love to go down a cup size or two! My back kills me.

I am really identifying with your gi issues. I have been trying elimination diets and learning about what my body hates. My seasonal depression is also rearing it's ugly head. I also try to be vegetarian. (One box of oreo's isn't a healthy dinner?!) If you would like to chat about any of these things, I would love to be the girl you talk to (complain about them to)

Welcome. Love your goal of being outside more. Have you tried pinpointing what is causingthe GI issues?  A lot of people with GI issues have lactose intolerance, so eliminating dairy for a month is a good start . You could also do something like a Paleo diet, which eliminates a bunch of things that might be causing symptoms. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I have very recently jumped on the intermittent fasting bandwagon, and have in 5 days, noticed good results. The biggest thing I've noticed is that I eat a LOT less. Yesterday, I had a half burrito, some pretzels, green bean casserole, a bag of chips and a slice of ham. That's all I ate, and I was stuffed. I would try doing that

"MAKING EXCUSES BURNS ZERO CALORIES"

Battle Log

Current Challenges:  Walk to Mordor 2019

I have very recently jumped on the intermittent fasting bandwagon, and have in 5 days, noticed good results. The biggest thing I've noticed is that I eat a LOT less. Yesterday, I had a half burrito, some pretzels, green bean casserole, a bag of chips and a slice of ham. That's all I ate, and I was stuffed. I would try doing that

"MAKING EXCUSES BURNS ZERO CALORIES"

Battle Log

Current Challenges:  Walk to Mordor 2019

On 11/8/2018 at 2:44 AM, marzmud said:

so I am aiming to get started doing more bodyweight/outdoors activities (and supplementing that with the few weights I have in the house)

Hi, welcome to the Rebellion!  Do you have any plans for what kind of workouts you want to do?

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11