It's time to get back on the saddle

I got in the best shape of my life while being fairly active here. Then life happened, I got sick, depression hit, fast forward 3 years and I found myself 40 pounds heavier and not the happiest I've ever been.  I decided to get back into fitness towards the end of 2017, I started doing crossfit and loved it.  Went too hard, too fast and developed tendonitis in both my knees. Took a break, started working out again at my own pace, started doing keto and I lost 15 pounds in 4 months.  Then I got sick....again, was traveling a lot for work, started dating someone, and stopped taking care of myself.  I have managed to gain 5 pounds back in the last 3 months, and I want to put a stop to it and baby step my way back into health.  Researching keto and intermittent fasting I found myself back here again.  I'm ready to get back, I know what I need to do, and what works.  My body needs a lot of healing and I know it's going to fight me, so I need my mind to do some of the heavy lifting until I feel better again, I hope to find here some of the motivation and accountability that helped me in the past. Also I need to work on stress management as some of the ailments I'm currently dealing with are exasperated by stress.

For the next 2 weeks my plan is to do the following until the next challenge starts:

DIET

• Intermittent Fasting
  • Keto Diet

Fitness

• Strength training 4x a week at least for 30mins
  • Start running again 10-15 mins at a time 3x a week

Life/Stress Management

• Sleep at least 7 hours 5x a week
  • Research stress management techniques

I'm excited to be back in the community and look forward to starting the new challenge in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

Starting over

Level 0