• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

In my last challenge I realized my legalism about sticking to barbell workouts was holding me back. With my current work schedule the way it is I don't feel like I have time to lift (I could make the time, but it would take more willpower than I'm willing to expend) and lately I haven't been. By letting go of powerlifting for the time being, I can give myself permission to do other kinds of strength training. That way they are the goal and not a concession. I'm going to do a mix of bodyweight and kettlebell workouts. Yoga is still going to be around because I feel better when I'm flexible. Intuitive eating is still going to be a thing. I'm also bringing back Goal tracking and signature line check lists. I'm also going to be tracking this during zero week.

Goals:

Body Weight Workouts: Get 8 done during the challenge

Kettle Bell Workouts: Get 4 done during the challenge

NF Yoga Workouts: Get 4 done during the challenge

Walks: Get 4 2 mile minimum walks in during the Challenge

Intuitive Eating: Do it, but don't track it, because that defeats the purpose of intuitive eating. Also make sure I keep cooking.

That's pretty short, so here are some gifs.

cviqo5I.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8182148

• Like 16

Here to watch you drop powerlifting just as i'm picking it back up again... hmm. The best exercise is the one you are going to do and not the one you think you should do ;).  This is my vague indication that I'll pop in here from time to time and like some things and probably leave feeling hungry :D 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

First! Following, because I always do, and kettlebells!

Welcome. I am zero percent surprised you are excited about the kettlebells.

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

Those gifs are frightening. Where do you find these things??

Google image search "Weird gifs." Believe me, those are tame.

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am interested to see what kind of bodyweight stuff you decide to use as your gateway drug :) 

The NF Beginner Body Weight Workout.

5 hours ago, deftona said:

Here to follow :) 

Glad to have you deffy.

4 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

In!

Who needs barbells anyway? :P  :angel: 

Hey now, it's not barbells, it's me.

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Good luck!! x

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Arkania said:

Spoiler: No one!

(Following!)

Speak ye no evil of the deadlift!

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Ooooh, more workout types. Nice!

Rangers do ALL THE THINGS! And now is a good time to find some new THE THINGS!

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Here to watch you drop powerlifting just as i'm picking it back up again... hmm. The best exercise is the one you are going to do and not the one you think you should do ;).  This is my vague indication that I'll pop in here from time to time and like some things and probably leave feeling hungry :D 

Yes, and thanks for the reminder to give my customary warning.

52 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Following!

Related image

Wolf

Welcome little buddy.

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Following!  You got dis, Tank.

Tank you very much!

I just want to give a warning to any first-time followers. Don't come to this thread hungry.

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I'll be around.  My challenge is going to look quite similar to yours, so that will be fun!  I would say that we can be Bodyweight Buddies, but that sounds... wrong.  So I won't.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

I'll be around.  My challenge is going to look quite similar to yours, so that will be fun!  I would say that we can be Bodyweight Buddies, but that sounds... wrong.  So I won't.

giphy.gif

Workout buddies is fine, provided there's a dogocopter gif.

Today is a good day. I did the NF Beginner Bodyweight Workout. It kicked my butt. I'm strong from powerlifting, and the BBWW does not draw on strength alone. It also draws on strength endurance and cardio. It's a lot faster than powerlifting, and the only thing I got full reps in was the plank, which I've been doing in NF yoga. I did a modification on the rows, as a gallon of water wouldn't do much for me. I did doorway rows, which are like inverted rows except you put your hands on the threshold of a door to pull yourself back up. Another development is that I willingly did lunges. For those that don't know, I hate lunges with the fire of a thousand suns. I did them anyway because I love myself more than I hate lunges, and they will help. 

Lunch is cooking. I made chili. Purists will recoil in horror at the fact that I put beans in it, but I don't care.

I browned 2 lbs of ground chuck with salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar. I removed the meat from the dutch oven and left the juices behind. I let them boil down a bit, then added a chopped onion. After letting that cook, I added some garlic. Now here is a special note on garlic in chili. Don't add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of Twilight. Add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of The Lost Boys. I let that cook some more then added a drained can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilis. I then added a can of ranch style beans (not the standard sized can, one size up from that) and a can of tomato sauce of equivalent size. I then started seasoning. This was a very intuitive process. I added in amounts that seemed good at the time:

Smoked Paprika

Cayenne Pepper

Cumin

Oregano

Sage (lots of this)

Salt

Pepper

Cocoa Powder

Red wine vinegar

Cajun Seasoning

A square of Dove Dark Chocolate

I kept playing with that till it seemed right, now I'm letting it simmer on low till lunchtime.

You were warned, don't come here hungry.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Lunch is cooking. I made chili. Purists will recoil in horror at the fact that I put beans in it, but I don't care.

Oh heck that I love me some beans in my chili and I'll meet anyone outside in the parking lot for an assbeating that wants to give us bean-chili-lovers crap about it!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Now here is a special note on garlic in chili. Don't add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of Twilight. Add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of The Lost Boys.

AHAHAHA I did a cackle at this........

NEVER too much garlic~

(I love the smell of freshly smashed garlic cloves on my hands my gosh it is heavenly)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Need pics Tank! PLEASE :) x

Maybe of the leftovers, I already put stuff away.

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh heck that I love me some beans in my chili and I'll meet anyone outside in the parking lot for an assbeating that wants to give us bean-chili-lovers crap about it!!!!!!!

AHAHAHA I did a cackle at this........

NEVER too much garlic~

(I love the smell of freshly smashed garlic cloves on my hands my gosh it is heavenly)

Garlic=good.

I forgot to include that I added crumbled up saltine crackers and shredded sharp cheddar to the chili. SOOOOO gooood.

• Like 3

I am mesmerized by that Chihuahua on that massage pillow.  Also I've been debating buying almost that exact massage pillow hahah.

I also like beans in my chili.  Beans are delicious! I'd add them to most things without complaint. 

• Like 2

Beans, beans, are good for your heart.
Beans, beans, they make you fart.
The more you fart, the better you feel,
So eat beans in every meal.

You’re welcome.

Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bean bean the magical fruit

The more you eat the more you toot!

I always prefer beans in chili so I guess I'm not much of a purist

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Now here is a special note on garlic in chili. Don't add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of Twilight. Add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of The Lost Boys.

I loved that.  MOAR GARLIC!

P.S. Are congratulations in order for your promotion?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Raxie said:

I am mesmerized by that Chihuahua on that massage pillow.  Also I've been debating buying almost that exact massage pillow hahah.

I also like beans in my chili.  Beans are delicious! I'd add them to most things without complaint. 

I like beans in some things. I don't generally eat Ranch Style beans outside of Chili. I often don't like whole beans (refried, however, I can eat all day long).

5 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Beans, beans, are good for your heart.
Beans, beans, they make you fart.
The more you fart, the better you feel,
So eat beans in every meal.

You’re welcome.

Following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to know that Homeric Epic is told on both sides of the world.

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Bean bean the magical fruit

The more you eat the more you toot!

I always prefer beans in chili so I guess I'm not much of a purist

I loved that.  MOAR GARLIC!

P.S. Are congratulations in order for your promotion?

Yes, I am now the admin running the forums. Thanks.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

(refried, however, I can eat all day long).

Cans of refried beans doused in hot sauce were my poor college student meal of choice.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Purists will recoil in horror at the fact that I put beans in it, but I don't care.

I like beans in mine too, so, yeah... TEXAS! Next time we come down, Heather will have to make her refried beans for you-they are DELISH!

Wolf